Rob Quinn on Trubisky replacing Tyrod

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The guy doing math for me is the NFL stats - Bills avg 189.8 ypg passing, WHILE Tyrod threw for.... excellent reading comprehension, I must say.

2. The site I write for covers newsworthy topics, ya know, like the quarterback situation that's had eveyone at each other's throats for the last 2 months.

3. The title is 'COULD' as in, like, a question. Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't.

4. I'm on the fence with Tyrod, but yes, it would be foolish to move on from him considering his money really isn't that big of a deal, and Jones would be the only QB on roster. That is prob one of 5 opinion posts i've written all season.

Anyway, thanks the feedback. I'll let you guys go back to comparing articles about discussion-starting topics. Appreciate the traffic :)

I comprehend that, I just don't comprehend why you want to attribute Passing stats that aren't Tyrod's to Tyrod.

Just staying where we are we have a good chance of getting either Trubisky or Watson in the first. If not, we could even trade down, get a potential starting WR or S in the late first or early 2nd, plus an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd and get Kizer or Kayaa with that extra pick. No need to trade up to get a top 5 QB. And for good measure even spend a late rounder to grab Kelly for the dreamers and sentimentalists. No need to trade up.

I comprehend that, I just don't comprehend why you want to attribute Passing stats that aren't Tyrod's to Tyrod.

They were 31st going into week 17. get over yourself.

Edited by rquinn619

Just staying where we are we have a good chance of getting either Trubisky or Watson in the first. If not, we could even trade down, get a potential starting WR or S in the late first or early 2nd, plus an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd and get Kizer or Kayaa with that extra pick. No need to trade up to get a top 5 QB. And for good measure even spend a late rounder to grab Kelly for the dreamers and sentimentalists. No need to trade up.

Love the thought of Kelly as backup insurance.

It'll be fine if it comes at the expense of the next Duke Williams or random nobody in the draft

See, it's snarky, unnecessary little knife-twists like that one which make you so unpopular around here, not that you care.

In general Weo is usually right and willing to support his takes.

And who warrants a little snark more than Ryan L? :flirt:

Nearly everything he posts is just to troll the thinner-skinned people here for his own amusement.

How can you take anyone seriously that thinks that SJ13 should still be in Buffalo? :lol:

what you fail to realize is that we are both for better play at the qb position. But the smart play is to keep tyrod right now and try to find a guy to come in and compete. A rookie qb will win less games with this defense next year and it could ruin his development if we fail to improve that d. Brady, rodgers, wilson all had crazy success quick cause of their dominant defense. fact. Many scouts believe this is not a strong draft class at qb so you may be throwing away years of this teams success on a guy who doesn't pan out. So, the smart play is to build the defense with a nice safety and maybe take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd but keep tyrod. then if we get the big defense you make the big trade next year if there is a guy and go for him. But to just throw all caution in the wind for a weak qb class and just risk years of losing is mind blowingly dumb.

this guy gets it!

Go make the Tyrod excuse thread again version 17.2 Don't need it here. I've got notes they say jfh took an oath to COT and will excuse it up for eternity.

This is for qb's with upside who can use the field and THROW THE GD BALL ! Not TT

0-6 vs any team worth a crap. Knock it off.

If I wanna watch guys running around and not passing I can go watch the high school teams play. Not the pro team I root for where they make meeeeeeeeeeelions

Why so butthurt?

I have all the games tivo'd......I will have to go back and watch for TT throwing, catching, playing defense, etc. I mean it was a one man show right?

Lets say the Bills want to draft a QB at 10 they MIGHT find their guy at 10 but statistically speaking since 1999 the QBs taken at 10 or later haven't fared so well. Guys like Daunte Culpepper, Cade McNown, Matt Leinhart, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were all taken 10-12 or so. Only Big Ben, taken 11th in 2005 has been successful with Jay Cutler 11th in 2006 having moderate success a couple seasons.

Go back into the teens and it gets even worse. Kyle Boller at 19, Josh Freeman 17, EJ 16, Chad Pennington 18. Only Joe Flacco in 2008 at 18 has had moderate success. 20s, laughable besides Aaron Rodgers and to a much lesser extent Jason Campbell with guys like JP Loserman, Tim Tebow(ok he had the tebow factor but sucked), Rex Grossman, Brady Quinn and Johnny Manziel(ugh cleveland lol)

Heck even the very top of the draft is filled with duds, Akili Smith 3, Jamarcus Russel 1, Tim Couch 1(ugh Cle), Joey Harrington 3.

So if Trubisky is available at 10 is he a Roethlisberger or a Gabbert? One things for certain, Whaley and the scout team need to get it right.

In general Weo is usually right and willing to support his takes.

And who warrants a little snark more than Ryan L? :flirt:

Nearly everything he posts is just to troll the thinner-skinned people here for his own amusement.

How can you take anyone seriously that thinks that SJ13 should still be in Buffalo? :lol:

Sj had pride in this team. Tell me your tale about Lesean McCoy again please.

Its time to field a winner, all starts at the qb position.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Lets say the Bills want to draft a QB at 10 they MIGHT find their guy at 10 but statistically speaking since 1999 the QBs taken at 10 or later haven't fared so well. Guys like Daunte Culpepper, Cade McNown, Matt Leinhart, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were all taken 10-12 or so. Only Big Ben, taken 11th in 2005 has been successful with Jay Cutler 11th in 2006 having moderate success a couple seasons.

Go back into the teens and it gets even worse. Kyle Boller at 19, Josh Freeman 17, EJ 16, Chad Pennington 18. Only Joe Flacco in 2008 at 18 has had moderate success. 20s, laughable besides Aaron Rodgers and to a much lesser extent Jason Campbell with guys like JP Loserman, Tim Tebow(ok he had the tebow factor but sucked), Rex Grossman, Brady Quinn and Johnny Manziel(ugh cleveland lol)

Heck even the very top of the draft is filled with duds, Akili Smith 3, Jamarcus Russel 1, Tim Couch 1(ugh Cle), Joey Harrington 3.

So if Trubisky is available at 10 is he a Roethlisberger or a Gabbert? One things for certain, Whaley and the scout team need to get it right.

So saying there is a chance....:P

To me what this really says is....

- Starting QBs are hard to find...there are not enough of them around the league.

- When you have a starting caliber QB even if it is not a "franchise" qb....you better be careful moving on from them because once again...there are not enough starting caliber qbs in the league and another team will snap them up quick.

- You should never STOP looking for the franchise guy....even if you have another guy taking the snaps under center

Frankly....I am not convinced that the bills are going to move on from TT because it makes very little sense.....EJ is gone......you draft a rook but that is a crapshoot.....and C. Jones is extremely raw.

So saying there is a chance....:P

To me what this really says is....

- Starting QBs are hard to find...there are not enough of them around the league.

- When you have a starting caliber QB even if it is not a "franchise" qb....you better be careful moving on from them because once again...there are not enough starting caliber qbs in the league and another team will snap them up quick.

- You should never STOP looking for the franchise guy....even if you have another guy taking the snaps under center

Frankly....I am not convinced that the bills are going to move on from TT because it makes very little sense.....EJ is gone......you draft a rook but that is a crapshoot.....and C. Jones is extremely raw.

it would make a ton of sense to keep TT and draft a QB to go with Cardale, if someone flashes TT is the backup. Maybe too simple.

Crap article. Crap commentary.

Taylor is worth keeping at the right price. Obviously the Bills need to try to find somebody better than Taylor, but there's no guarantee that they will be able to do that in 2017. With Taylor, at least the Bills are competitive.

The Bills may be wise to sign Taylor for $5M-$7M and then hope that they can find a better, long term solution in the 2017 draft.

Manuel absolutely blows and should not be signed under any circumstances.

Crap article. Crap commentary.

Taylor is worth keeping at the right price. Obviously the Bills need to try to find somebody better than Taylor, but there's no guarantee that they will be able to do that in 2017. With Taylor, at least the Bills are competitive.

The Bills may be wise to sign Taylor for $5M-$7M and then hope that they can find a better, long term solution in the 2017 draft.

Manuel absolutely blows and should not be signed under any circumstances.

The problem is another team is gonna pay him more then that.....

It would be a godsend for the Broncos if TT was released. With TT, and an above average or better defense, Denver wins the AFCW and the SB.

And the Bills join the Browns in extreme disaster. Johnny Football, anyone? RGIII? That's what we have to look forward to.

Or the Bills could keep TT with all his flaws and strengths, fix the D, get a couple of better receivers, and build instead of destroy.