Rob Quinn on Trubisky replacing Tyrod

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same "Rob Quinn" who wrote this one day ago?

"4 reasons the Buffalo Bills would be foolish to let Tyrod Taylor walk

"Now, Taylor certainly didn’t have the season many expected but if the Bills don’t pick up his option, it would be just one of countless short-sighted and desperate moves the team has made in their frantic quest to make their first playoff appearance since 1999."

"Buffalo’s offense was built around the philosophy of running the ball. A lot. Their 492 rushing attempts trailed only the Dallas Cowboys and their 2,630 rushing yards and 29 touchdowns were each the most in the NFL. Taylor’s threat as a runner played a role in the Bills’ rushing success, as the team often utilized option plays that forced defenses to play contain in order to prevent him from running on his own.Could Taylor have been on target with quite a few more throws? Absolutely. Did he hold onto the ball too long at times? Sure. But, without his top wide receivers for over half of the season, Taylor had an uphill climb with the group of receivers at his disposal."

"The NFL draft always provides optimism for fans, especially at the quarterback position. The value of quarterbacks has led to unworthy prospects being over-drafted simply due to the constant scramble for the overemphasized ‘franchise quarterback’ that many believe come around every year.

This year’s crop of quarterbacks doesn’t look too impressive

The NFL draft always provides optimism for fans, especially at the quarterback position. The value of quarterbacks has led to unworthy prospects being over-drafted simply due to the constant scramble for the overemphasized ‘franchise quarterback’ that many believe come around every year.

This year’s crop of quarterbacks doesn’t look too impressive".

Nice thread fail...

I tend to agree with this Rob Quinn, not the other one.

To me it's all about options. The fact that Tyrod doesn't live up to the expectations of a franchise QB is irrelevant.

There are a dozen or more QBs I'd rather have than Tyrod. Since none are available, I'd stick with TT until we find someone demonstrably better.

Edited by hondo in seattle

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/09/2017-nfl-draft-could-bills-replace-tyrod-taylor-with-unc-qb-mitch-trubiski/

"Taylors struggles throughout the 2016 season are well documented. He failed to show much, if any, progression as a passer in his second year as Buffalos starting quarterback. The Bills passing offense was 30th in the NFL, averaging less than 200 yards-per-game through the air and Taylor threw for just 3,023 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and six interceptions"

Everything the cot ignores in one paragraph! All in for Mitch !

Does this really need to be explained to you again?

Kinda like Wentz. Play him rookie year, you deal with all the flaws.

I like his potential but I'm really reluctant to take him early. Wouldn't be a Day 1 starter in my team.

He reminds me of Wentz a lot actually. You HAVE to take guys like that early (and he'll end up going top 5).

Mitch Trubisky is overrated IMO. He's had one good year at QB and to me he's just not that impressive. His best games we're against James Madison and Pitt. It's just another guy that Bills fans want to "Hope" works out. No thanks.

Kinda like Wentz. Play him rookie year, you deal with all the flaws.

I like his potential but I'm really reluctant to take him early. Wouldn't be a Day 1 starter in my team.

Wentz played a lot more CFB than MT, so the curve for him may be even steeper.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/09/2017-nfl-draft-could-bills-replace-tyrod-taylor-with-unc-qb-mitch-trubiski/

"Taylors struggles throughout the 2016 season are well documented. He failed to show much, if any, progression as a passer in his second year as Buffalos starting quarterback. The Bills passing offense was 30th in the NFL, averaging less than 200 yards-per-game through the air and Taylor threw for just 3,023 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and six interceptions"

Everything the cot ignores in one paragraph! All in for Mitch !

Garbage.

Does this really need to be explained to you again?

No John I don't need you to explain why he's 0-6 vs .500 teams unless their 3rd stringer is playing. He's not good we already know this.

It's cute you all want to keep him just like it was cute how nice everyone was to fitz.

turn the page and let's talk Mitch/Watson/Maholmes/ etc.

Don't care about the guy who has 2 seasons to not get it done. Those threads have been tired since the Ravens exposed him.

Mitch Trubisky is overrated IMO. He's had one good year at QB and to me he's just not that impressive. His best games we're against James Madison and Pitt. It's just another guy that Bills fans want to "Hope" works out. No thanks.

456 yards vs Florida state

Edited by Ryan L Billz

No John I don't need you to explain why he's 0-6 vs .500 teams unless their 3rd stringer is playing. He's not good we already know this.

It's cute you all want to keep him just like it was cute how nice everyone was to fitz.

turn the page and let's talk Mitch/Watson/Maholmes/ etc.

Don't care about the guy who has 2 seasons to not get it done. Those threads have been tired since the Ravens exposed him.

456 yards vs Florida state

So you DO need to have it explained to you again.....look man you really need to take notes or something

So you DO need to have it explained to you again.....look man you really need to take notes or something

Go make the Tyrod excuse thread again version 17.2 Don't need it here. I've got notes they say jfh took an oath to COT and will excuse it up for eternity.

This is for qb's with upside who can use the field and THROW THE GD BALL ! Not TT

0-6 vs any team worth a crap. Knock it off.

If I wanna watch guys running around and not passing I can go watch the high school teams play. Not the pro team I root for where they make meeeeeeeeeeelions

Edited by Ryan L Billz

1. The guy doing math for me is the NFL stats - Bills avg 189.8 ypg passing, WHILE Tyrod threw for.... excellent reading comprehension, I must say.

2. The site I write for covers newsworthy topics, ya know, like the quarterback situation that's had eveyone at each other's throats for the last 2 months.

3. The title is 'COULD' as in, like, a question. Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't.

4. I'm on the fence with Tyrod, but yes, it would be foolish to move on from him considering his money really isn't that big of a deal, and Jones would be the only QB on roster. That is prob one of 5 opinion posts i've written all season.

Anyway, thanks the feedback. I'll let you guys go back to comparing articles about discussion-starting topics. Appreciate the traffic :)

Go make the Tyrod excuse thread again version 17.2 Don't need it here. I've got notes they say jfh took an oath to COT and will excuse it up for eternity.

This is for qb's with upside who can use the field and THROW THE GD BALL ! Not TT

0-6 vs any team worth a crap. Knock it off.

If I wanna watch guys running around and not passing I can go watch the high school teams play. Not the pro team I root for where they make meeeeeeeeeeelions

what if it's our defense that is 0-6 vs winning teams?

Add it to John's excuse thread.

Add it to John's excuse thread.

what you fail to realize is that we are both for better play at the qb position. But the smart play is to keep tyrod right now and try to find a guy to come in and compete. A rookie qb will win less games with this defense next year and it could ruin his development if we fail to improve that d. Brady, rodgers, wilson all had crazy success quick cause of their dominant defense. fact. Many scouts believe this is not a strong draft class at qb so you may be throwing away years of this teams success on a guy who doesn't pan out. So, the smart play is to build the defense with a nice safety and maybe take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd but keep tyrod. then if we get the big defense you make the big trade next year if there is a guy and go for him. But to just throw all caution in the wind for a weak qb class and just risk years of losing is mind blowingly dumb.