New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

Glad Coughlin is gone.

I'm not! I'd be willing to wager the Jags will be more relevant than Buffalo in the future.

Doug Whaley with all his four years of NFL GM experience of not being an actual GM because he hasn't hired and fired the head coaches like other teams GM's It's more like Russ Brandon has been the real GM and now he steps back behind the curtain...again!

My point being the senior NFL football man in the Buffalo Bills front office has only four seasons of failure to make the playoffs to rely on.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not! I'd be willing to wager the Jags will be more relevant than Buffalo in the future.

Doug Whaley with all his four years of NFL GM experience of not being an actual GM because he hasn't hired and fired the head coaches like other teams GM's It's more like Russ Brandon has been the real GM and now he steps back behind the curtain...again!

My point being the senior NFL football man in the Buffalo Bills front office has only four seasons of failure to make the playoffs to rely on.

To be fair, Coughlin has no experience as an NFL Exec. Strong resume as coach does not guarantee success as a front office guy

I have no way of knowing one way or another, but I wonder whether:

a) Coughlin was on Whaley's list to interview and turned down the chance to interview; or

b) Coughlin was not on Whaley's list at all.

I wasn't huge on Coughlin because I didn't think that it made a lot of sense for the Bills to hire a 70 year-old HC. I want what's next. With that being said and in lieu of the current chaos feel, he might have stabilized this organization and changed the culture. Either way, I am not crying over it.

Bills expected to take a break from coaching search process tomorrow with no interviews planned at this moment.

Unsure as to where things stand moving forward in regards to further interviews taking place.

jw

Thanks for the info

Let the rampant speculation begin

I wasn't huge on Coughlin because I didn't think that it made a lot of sense for the Bills to hire a 70 year-old HC. I want what's next. With that being said and in lieu of the current chaos feel, he might have stabilized this organization and changed the culture. Either way, I am not crying over it.

Yup. Holmgren, a better coach, failed at trying to be an executive in Cleveland.

generally, agree. and frankly, if its an ownership issue he might not have had any effect on the culture. we really just dont know a lot about whats going on behind closed doors at the moment, other than it feeling off.

Bills expected to take a break from coaching search process tomorrow with no interviews planned at this moment.

Unsure as to where things stand moving forward in regards to further interviews taking place.

jw

I'm not sure how they are going to get this Dabo interview in post-game? Thanks again for all that you do here JW!! We really are lucky to have you.

jw

I already know where they are moving....right down the toilet....this "organization" is a mess.....they are a disorganization.....embarrassing.....thanks for the update as always!

GJohnston

‏does this coincide with what you heard this morning? Can you share more info at this time?

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 1m1 minute ago

Nothing about initial tweet fromi this morning has changed, I'm told.

But still don't have enough details yet.

jw

Out of curiosity, did the news of the day (Coughlin to Jags) have any impact on the Bills taking a break?

By taking a break, do you mean like Ross and Rachel taking a break . . . or are they just tired out from interviewing all of these A List candidates on Whaley's list?

To be fair, Coughlin has no experience as an NFL Exec. Strong resume as coach does not guarantee success as a front office guy

When Marv Levy was about to hire his last DC in Buffalo it was none other than Tom Coughlin. Instead, Coughlin was offered the job as Panthers HC. The man has 20 years of being an NFL HC and 46 years of coaching experience behind him!

VP of football operations just means he will be lending all that veteran NFL experience to the teams GM, HC. So that they don't make the mistake of trading two #1 picks for a WR when they don't have their franchise QB on the roster yet.

Coughlin knows how to build a great 4-3 defense and build a strong run game. Which is something Buffalo could benefit from! He is not exactly a czar but he might have been all that was needed to help the current GM make the right decisions. Go back to Whaley offering a good contract to CJ Spiller and luckily for Whaley Spiller chose New Orleans, Think of no Shady the last two years and Spiller instead. :sick:

Out of curiosity, did the news of the day (Coughlin to Jags) have any impact on the Bills taking a break?

By taking a break, do you mean like Ross and Rachel taking a break . . . or are they just tired out from interviewing all of these A List candidates on Whaley's list?

No. None at all.

Been a long day of travel.

Not sure if they're re-grouping tomorrow or waiting. And don't read anything into that because I'm not speculating one way or another.

jw

GJohnston

‏does this coincide with what you heard this morning? Can you share more info at this time?

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 1m1 minute ago

Nothing about initial tweet fromi this morning has changed, I'm told.

But still don't have enough details yet.

So it wasn't ever coughlin. How you feeling about my theory now? Fingers crossed..

So. Richhard.

Lynn OC assuming no HC job.

Gus Bradley DC.

jw

Thanks John. "Break" in that they aren't doing anything or deliver it or they have no other schedule coaching visits?