Why is Whaley hiring ANOTHER HC who can't develop a QB??

Yeezus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the head coach is developing the QB we have a problem regardless. Personally for the overall good of the team I'd rather see an offensive minded HC, but the HC has too many things to worry about over QB development. What he needs to do is put the right person in that position to make that happen, and from that standpoint, probably matters little which side of the ball he comes from. The HC needs to be the HC and only worry about that!

I'd argue that may have been one of Rex's biggest faults, a defensive guy getting way too close to the inner working details of the defense. If you put an offensive guy in there to develop the QB you'd likely have the same issue again, just on the other side.

Here the Bills go again, hiring ANOTHER defensive HC. Why do they keep making this mistake. how many years and failed coaches will it take until they learn.

And if Whaley is even more stupid and lets Tyrod go why the hell is he hiring a coach who can't develop a QB. When you want to draft a rookie QB hire a HC who knows how to develop one and understands the position.

Whaley is clueless with these interviews, they are a joke. there is a reason none of the coaches the bills are interviewing are getting other interviews with legit teams. We are searching for mediocre HC's once again.

Why do people automatically assume if we get the DC from seattle or Carolina our defense suddenly turns top 10 again.

IT WON'T

We have so many problems with our defense, mainly starting with the players. We have 0 NFL quality safety's, 1 good CB once gilmore leaves, maybe 2 decent LB's and the defensive line is a mess. We are no where close to our defense back in 2014.

Hiring a defensive minded HC isn't going to fix that. Whaley might go down as the worst GM in Bills history

Classic post, and didnt you hate and bash tyrod all year but now even the mention of getting rid of him would be the biggest mistake ever? I think u just truly hate everything bills which makes u wonder why are u even a fan

Here the Bills go again, hiring ANOTHER defensive HC. Why do they keep making this mistake. how many years and failed coaches will it take until they learn.

And if Whaley is even more stupid and lets Tyrod go why the hell is he hiring a coach who can't develop a QB. When you want to draft a rookie QB hire a HC who knows how to develop one and understands the position.

Whaley is clueless with these interviews, they are a joke. there is a reason none of the coaches the bills are interviewing are getting other interviews with legit teams. We are searching for mediocre HC's once again.

Why do people automatically assume if we get the DC from seattle or Carolina our defense suddenly turns top 10 again.

IT WON'T

We have so many problems with our defense, mainly starting with the players. We have 0 NFL quality safety's, 1 good CB once gilmore leaves, maybe 2 decent LB's and the defensive line is a mess. We are no where close to our defense back in 2014.

Hiring a defensive minded HC isn't going to fix that. Whaley might go down as the worst GM in Bills history

He's not the worst but he's bad especially at scouting QBS. We've had some horrible Gms Levy,Brandon,Moderek its very hard to top that Trifecta of disaster

IT WON'T

Stew Barber sends his regards.

As to the rest, I appreciate the concern, but I'd be more worried about a HC, regardless if his background is offense or defense, that can't hire assistant coaches who are capable of developing players at their various positions, including QBs.

If the head coach is developing the QB we have a problem regardless. Personally for the overall good of the team I'd rather see an offensive minded HC, but the HC has too many things to worry about over QB development. What he needs to do is put the right person in that position to make that happen, and from that standpoint, probably matters little which side of the ball he comes from. The HC needs to be the HC and only worry about that!

I'd argue that may have been one of Rex's biggest faults, a defensive guy getting way too close to the inner working details of the defense. If you put an offensive guy in there to develop the QB you'd likely have the same issue again, just on the other side.

This

And I'm sure the OPs next thread will declare how Whaley is the worst GM in the history of mankind cuz he took his Christmas lights down after New Years? Or how he lost his car keys for an hour back in May.

SMH

Edited by dezertbill

Before you "DEVELOP" a rookie QB you need to "DRAFT" one or more ... and then it shouldn't take another 3-4 yrs to conclude the one you drafted sucks!

It would help to have a GM and a scouting dept that can identify which prospects stand the best chance of success... There is no evidence to conclude that at present the Bills have either one of those things...

IT WON'T

Are you aware the coach before Ryan was an offensive coach......in more ways than one?

I also have to add that in 2014, Whaley engineered that wonderful trade for Sammy Watkins instead of staying put or even trading down to acquire another pick and selecting Derek Carr. So the Raiders got Khalil Mack AND Derek Carr from that draft while the Bills ended up with Watkins and gave up a second #1 for the privilege of doing so... Maybe that is why the Raiders made the playoffs this year and the Bills are home watching on TV... So Whaley should not be held responsible???

I also have to add that in 2014, Whaley engineered that wonderful trade for Sammy Watkins instead of staying put or even trading down to acquire another pick and selecting Derek Carr. So the Raiders got Khalil Mack AND Derek Carr from that draft while the Bills ended up with Watkins and gave up a second #1 for the privilege of doing so... Maybe that is why the Raiders made the playoffs this year and the Bills are home watching on TV... So Whaley should not be held responsible???

Good point. I don't think this has ever been brought up before....

IT WON'T

Bill Bilichick is a defensive minded coach who's done well with QBs.

Pete Carroll is another defensive minded coach who wins a lot of games.

I want the Bills to hire the best HC.

Then I want to see that HC hire a great OC. Then I hope they hire a great QB coach. Head Coaches typically don't spend a lot of time mentoring the QBs. They're too busy and have other people paid to do that.