Kirk Cousins

No, I can't. You think the defense is fine the way it is? A QB fixes a lot of problems but not a bad defense

Not surprised that you can't figure it out.

Why did Kelly say what he said about coaches being hesitant to come here because of the QB, or lack there of? Can you figure that out?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If available, I'd sign him in a minute, but he won't hit the market. The only reason he's not locked in with the Skins is because he wants more guaranteed money than they're offering and he's willing to take the risk of going year to year.

No, he's willing to sit out six games. Players in his position have enormous leverage. His only loss is not getting paid for six games after getting a raise. The Redskins have way more pressure on them.

Any question marks about Kirk are ridiculous. I really dont get how fans can complain nonstop about players not winning on a TEAM sport. If Cousins isnt the answer in Wash then ill gladly take him on the Bills and washington can save their money starting colt mccoy and going 5-11 next season.

Across the board, Fans. Are. Ridiculous. People were all over Rodgers earlier this year too. There was a thread even on this board saying how his g/f ruined him and how hes playing poorly. Aaron freaking Rodgers. If hes not beyond reproach, no one is.

Yes cousins fixes the Ravens game, first Miami game, and doesn't poop on himself vs Pitt and Oakland.

Tyrod kinda stinks fwiw.

Maybe TT wins with Washington on the final game of the season, at home , against a team with nothing riding on it, to make the playoffs. Unlike Cousins.

Defense doesn't have to improve at all, Cousins makes the Bills a way better team than a Redskins team with Tyrod. Not only that but Cousins also makes next years Bills better than this years Bills.

That is one of the most ridiculous comments i've seen in a while. And that says a lot.

The dislike for Taylor clouds the judgment of so many fans, so much that they totally dismiss a historically bad defense.(3 200 yard rushers).

Again- I just don't see ANY SINGLE REASON teams let go of even average until they know they have better.

It's just unfathomable in this day and age, as hard as it is to even get mediocre out of that position until you luck into 'the guy'

Agreed... and this is why Tyrod and his shortcomings should be back next year.

I must be missing something on Kirk Cousins. I'm a big fan, I think he's a very good QB and I can't understand why the Skins haven't signed him yet. I'm starting to think he might hit the open market from what I've read. Does anyone think there's a real chance he hits the market and we sign him? I think Kirk could lead us to the playoffs.

I think the odds of letting Kirk walk are very low personally. I have in the past said more like 0%, but with Garcon and DeSean FA's and DJax apparently targeting a return to Philly, I wonder if the Skins will want to commit to Kirk if they lose both his main WR's.

I think they may just franchise him one more season if they don't do a long term deal. I just find it hard to imagine they let him walk...maybe they explore a sign and trade if they want to go in a different direction because they would get some good picks back for him.

Kirk isn't the best QB in the league, but he is certainly better than a lot of teams QB's. Not coming through the last game of the season is going to loom over his head like his performance in the playoffs last year, but Tony Romo had those moments earlier in his career too and he continued to get better. Thats kind of the tier I see him in...that Romo tier.

No chance he hits the open market.....none

Only the bills would allow a good qb to actually do that (I hope not but its possible)

In fact, down here in the DC area, their Sports Radio sounds remarkably like the Bills'.

There is definitely a debate on whether to keep him - much as with Tyrod, they don't think Cousins is bad, and might be better than other options, but are balking at the likely price ~$26M

Oh yes - because an opinion piece in the local paper drives most NFL teams' thinking. :rolleyes:

Edited by BobChalmers

I must be missing something on Kirk Cousins. I'm a big fan, I think he's a very good QB and I can't understand why the Skins haven't signed him yet. I'm starting to think he might hit the open market from what I've read. Does anyone think there's a real chance he hits the market and we sign him? I think Kirk could lead us to the playoffs.

They don't feel they same as you do in DC. They feel he is adequate but they will not do an Oswilder type deal.

Nobody's going to want to come here for fear they won't honor the contact

The Bills have been beyond fair to Tyrod. A 3 year deal that voids after 2 if he starts - they honored it and he would have been a free agent after this season. Instead of making him play out that second year after voiding the 3rd - they pay him very good money in that 2nd year instead and give him an opportunity to earn huge money. We have now paid him and we either pay him 30 million or he gets a chance to get the most he can get in free agency. They have been incredibly gracious to him.

He played well this year but he pulled a Fitzy in the finale when they needed win to get in the playoffs.

He is worth a shot but really depends on our coach and price.

In fact, down here in the DC area, their Sports Radio sounds remarkably like the Bills'.

There is definitely a debate on whether to keep him - much as with Tyrod, they don't think Cousins is bad, and might be better than other options, but are balking at the likely price ~$26M

Oh yes - because an opinion piece in the local paper drives most NFL teams' thinking. :rolleyes:

Oh yes - because people are talking about it on sports radio which drives most NFL teams' thinking. :rolleyes:

It does too me,he choked badly against a team that was coasting in the second half.

The COT would like to remind you that teams win and lose games, not individual players.

Edited by Cripple Creek

Oh yes - because people are talking about it on sports radio which drives most NFL teams' thinking. :rolleyes:

The COT would like to remind you that teams win and lose games, not individual players.

No, people with half a brain would remind anyone that qb won-loss records are even more worthless than pitchers' won-loss records.

Any question marks about Kirk are ridiculous. I really dont get how fans can complain nonstop about players not winning on a TEAM sport. If Cousins isnt the answer in Wash then ill gladly take him on the Bills and washington can save their money starting colt mccoy and going 5-11 next season.

Across the board, Fans. Are. Ridiculous. People were all over Rodgers earlier this year too. There was a thread even on this board saying how his g/f ruined him and how hes playing poorly. Aaron freaking Rodgers. If hes not beyond reproach, no one is.

:worthy::thumbsup: