Kirk Cousins

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance he hits the open market.....none

Only the bills would allow a good qb to actually do that (I hope not but its possible)

The Skins would slap him with a franchise tag if they can't come to a contract deal. Their GM would be willing to trade him for a couple of first round picks and move on. Cousins is asking for top qb money and he seems to be firm in his stand. So what seemed inconceivable could actually materialize.

If Shanahan gets the job in San Fran he might be willing to pursue a trade deal with the Skins. Shanahan worked with Cousins in Washington and helped him develop his game.

Cousins would significantly improve the offense in Buffalo. The players who would be the most happy with his signing would be Watkins and Clay. Would I give up a couple of first round picks for him? I would consider it. Cousins is not an elite qb but he can be a good qb.

Let's put things in perspective. Would giving up two first round picks for Cousins be a better value deal than giving up two first round picks for Watson, a receiver? Absolutely. (The deal is really giving up an extra first because you are getting a player for your first round pick this year.)

Edited by JohnC

LOL!! So are you trying to convince others that the Bills are the only team in the league that cuts players? If the Bills let him go prior to March 3rd, they are cutting him, just like a hundred or more other players in the league will be cut by all 31 other teams. Many will be cut around that same time too for bonuses that kick in and their current team doesn't feel the yare worth paying.

Sorry but this has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I've seen!

Nobody's going to want to come here for fear they won't honor the contact

I must be missing something on Kirk Cousins. I'm a big fan, I think he's a very good QB and I can't understand why the Skins haven't signed him yet. I'm starting to think he might hit the open market from what I've read. Does anyone think there's a real chance he hits the market and we sign him? I think Kirk could lead us to the playoffs.

He didn't have an outstanding year for the Redskins this year but I think he would be an upgrade versus Tyrod but he doesn't real strike me as a guy who will ever be a top 5 QB in this league.

The Skins would slap him with a franchise tag if they can't come to a contract deal. Their GM would be willing to trade him for a couple of first round picks and move on. Cousins is asking for top qb money and he seems to be firm in his stand. So what seemed inconceivable could actually materialize.

If Shanahan gets the job in San Fran he might be willing to pursue a trade deal with the Skins. Shanahan worked with Cousins in Washington and helped him develop his game.

Cousins would significantly improve the offense in Buffalo. The players who would be the most happy with his signing would be Watkins and Clay. Would I give up a couple of first round picks for him? I would consider it. Cousins is not an elite qb but he can be a good qb.

Let's put things in perspective. Would giving up two first round picks for Cousins be a better value deal than giving up two first round picks for Watson, a receiver? Absolutely. (The deal is really giving up an extra first because you are getting a player for your first round pick this year.)

Doubt it.

Doubt it.

I live in the Md/DC area. So there is a lot of discussion on this topic. Cousins and his representatives are asking for top of the qb market contract and have not shown much flexibility. Their GM is not going there. If a deal can't be reach then odds are the GM will franchise him and see how much they can get for him.

If San Fran offered two #1s, the franchise tag cost, I believe the GM will accept that deal. I'm a Cousins fan and believe that if he played for Buffalo it would provide a positive jolt to our sluggish team. But the contract he is holding out for is beyond his talent level. However, he and his reps believe that there is such a shortage of good qbs that if he can get to the market he can attain his lofty desires.

I live in the Md/DC area. So there is a lot of discussion on this topic. Cousins and his representatives are asking for top of the qb market contract and have not shown much flexibility. Their GM is not going there. If a deal can't be reach then odds are the GM will franchise him and see how much they can get for him.

If San Fran offered two #1s, the franchise tag cost, I believe the GM will accept that deal. I'm a Cousins fan and believe that if he played for Buffalo it would provide a positive jolt to our sluggish team. But the contract he is holding out for is beyond his talent level. However, he and his reps believe that there is such a shortage of good qbs that if he can get to the market he can attain his lofty desires.

The 49ers would be idiots to surrender two #1 picks to them when then can draft a guy at #2 who can be just as effective at the NFL level as Cousins. He's simply not worth that price and beyond that Washington will keep him at the franchise tag price if it comes down to it.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz