Jim Kelly on espn about our situation 1/4

The Tomcat

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Elway did own and operate a Arena League Team for several years before working for the Broncos.

Elway before Peyton Manning, less than .500, Elway after Manning, more of the same.

He's nothing special as a gm. Dumervil screw up, waiting on Von til year 5, weak drafts, no running game.

Jim was asked why we don't hear big name coaches being talked about as showing interest in coaching the Bills.

Jim said "It starts with the quarterback. Do you have a quarterback who can take lead you to the next level. We do not have one as of right now."

He also said "Tyrod Talyor did a lot of things last year and this year that quarterbacks cannot do (positive connotation), but consistently he just was not what we needed. He had to be more consistent on his throws. When we needed the first down to move the chains to win games, when we needed the first down to move the chains to get first downs to continue that control of the ball, to take time off the clock, we just didn't have that there."

He basically acknowledged Tyrod's special talent, and then also acknowledged that the offense did not get first downs in situations where it could have won them the game.

Keep in mind that he was not asked why the Bills ended up with the record they did or why they lost the games they lost. His answers likely would have been somewhat different if he was asked that. He was specifically asked why no big name coaches names are being thrown around as rumors for the Bills job. His explanation was basically, because the team's best quarterback right now is not a quarterback that people think will win you a Superbowl.

But the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams do? Please...49ers are nowhere with QBs, Goff is terrible and the Rams offense is anemic, and Bortles looked like an abortion this year...

Tyrod is better than those 3 and it's not even close at this point...

Edited by matter2003

Am I the only one who could not care less what Jim Kelly thinks about the current state of the Bills?

Kelly is the voice of the Bills fans, I only wish the media would present it as such because that's all he is nowadays.

But the 49ers, Jaguars and Rams do? Please...49ers are nowhere with QBs, Goff is terrible and the Rams offense is anemic, and Bortles looked like an abortion this year...

Tyrod is better than those 3 and it's not even close at this point...

Kudos to Tyrod being the tallest midget, it still doesn't mean he's a good QB.

Kelly is the voice of the Bills fans, I only wish the media would present it as such because that's all he is nowadays.

Kudos to Tyrod being the tallest midget, it still doesn't mean he's a good QB.

Doesn't mean he is terrible either...and advanced metrics show regardless of what you think he is much better than most give him credit for...

I'll also point out that Aaron Rodgers stats playing without Jordy Nelson last year were near identical to Tyrods from a completion percentage, yards per attempt and TD/INT percentage this year(Tyrods were actually better in most categories)...

Is he anywhere near that level...no. That's the whole point...if Rogers can struggle badly without Nelson in an offensive friendly system, what do you think Tyrod will do?

for those that think playing without your best wideout and some games with practice squad caliber wideouts doesn't make a difference, it's not the case, it does, and it makes a big difference

Edited by matter2003

OBD is in full on damage control. Jimbo's on the Ps&E payroll. This wasn't a coincidentally timed appearance.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769829/article/jim-kelly-tyrod-taylor-is-not-answer-for-bills-at-qb

If he is on the payroll and I have no reason to doubt it. Generating this type of headline and story means one of 2 things. The Bills org is likely done with Taylor unless the incoming coach makes a strong pitch for him, or Jim went rogue and it caused more damage.

Doesn't mean he is terrible either...and advanced metrics show regardless of what you think he is much better than most give him credit for...

I'll also point out that Aaron Rodgers stats playing without Jordy Nelson last year were near identical to Tyrods from a completion percentage, yards per attempt and TD/INT percentage this year(Tyrods were actually better in most categories)...for those that think playing without your best wideout and some games with practice squad caliber wideouts doesn't make a difference, it's not the case, it does, and it makes a big difference

Have you looked at other NFL rosters? Look at the crap Philip Rivers had in San Diego, Adrew Luck in Indy and even Marcus Mariota in Tennessee and they all had more TD passes than Tyrod. Heck look back at what Ryan Fitzpatrick was tossing to when Gailey was here a 7th Round pick (Stevie Johnson), Donald Jones and David Nelson (undrafted guys) and Fitz is a much better passer than Tyrod.

Jim really sh!tted on Tyrod.......he really didn't have to do that. Idc if it's honest or not it's bull.

I agree. Even if it's true there is no need to do that in such a public forum. I didn't hear him call out the defense.

He mentioned it because of the question he was asked. When talking about the coaches being interested in Buffalo he said the main thing is "who is the Quarterback?" That led to his discussion of what we have all seen from Tyrod. He didn't look for a way to throw a jab at the guy, he was answering a question posed by the group on the show.

Edited by H2o

Have you looked at other NFL rosters? Look at the crap Philip Rivers had in San Diego, Adrew Luck in Indy and even Marcus Mariota in Tennessee and they all had more TD passes than Tyrod. Heck look back at what Ryan Fitzpatrick was tossing to when Gailey was here a 7th Round pick (Stevie Johnson), Donald Jones and David Nelson (undrafted guys) and Fitz is a much better passer than Tyrod.

Andrew Luck has TY Hilton, not exactly crap...Rivers has Gates and threw 21 INTs...

Looking strictly at Tyrods numbers are a little unfair...we don't need to throw it in the red zone, we can run it in and do so extremely effectively...we were one of the best red Zone teams in the NFL and scored more total TDs than all but 5 or 6 teams in NFL. I mean, sure Tyrod could pad his stats with a bunch of 5 yard TD passes but does that really mean anything in the end??

OBD is in full on damage control. Jimbo's on the Ps&E payroll. This wasn't a coincidentally timed appearance.

I agree - no coincidence. He would not have trashed the Bills QB on national media unless that was some sort of directed messaging. Sounds like they are preparing to move on.

I didn't like what Jim said about Tyrod. No need to be negative about the guy in public especially if he is the "unofficial" voice of the fans. He wasn't asked to throw 45 times a game...and there's no telling if he could (or will) get better?!? Usually, QB's get better through their 20's and TT is not an old guy by any means. He is certainly better than anyone else on the Bills roster at QB so why would Jim basically say they should dump Tyrod and move on? They can still re-sign him while drafting/developing a future QB. We need to win now, not 5 years from now. Again, fix the D.