Jim Kelly on espn about our situation 1/4

The Tomcat

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Jim just as much as the next guy. However, Jim is always out there in the media saying how much he loves the direction the team is going. Then it all falls apart and he talks about how things need changed. He has been doing this for the last sixteen years. He's always totally on board with everything (new coaches,QBs's etc), and when it fails he tells us that it wasn't a good fit. My point is that he is essentially the most famous Bills fan. He doesn't sound any different than a lot of posters here. I certainly don't think I'd want him in the front office. I agree. Even if it's true there is no need to do that in such a public forum. I didn't hear him call out the defense.

Yea same Jim Kelly schtick before/after each season.

he and thurman had no trouble/problem drinking beers and jowling wings with ol' rex at the pub. i don't know what to say other than that. players play, coaches coach, etc...this will be a cluster f##k for the next few years.

If the defense gets better and offense stays the same we win more games. Just dont know where your going to find someone better than tyrod. If they let tyrod walk they should just burn this thing to the ground and aim for a high pick in 2018

If the defense gets better and offense stays the same we win more games. Just dont know where your going to find someone better than tyrod. If they let tyrod walk they should just burn this thing to the ground and aim for a high pick in 2018

That never happens, the offense is bound to get worse and the defense will probably get better at passing but worse at rushing.

he likes him. He doesn't think he's a franchise QB.

i agree with that assessment. TT is good. Not a "franchise" QB...but how many of those are there really. Is Eli really a "franschise" QB? He has two rings, but I wouldn't call him one.

i agree with that assessment. TT is good. Not a "franchise" QB...but how many of those are there really. Is Eli really a "franschise" QB? He has two rings, but I wouldn't call him one.

Umm, Eli has led countless 4th quarter drives in huge games to win. That's the very definition of franchise (or "franschise").

Yea same Jim Kelly schtick before/after each season.

Isn't he paid by the team still?

He's generates the excitement each time around the merry-go-round and stokes the fire (respectfully, of course) when things inevitably crap out.

Shrewd move by Terry to retain is services.

Buffalo Rumblings: Quarterback isnt a negative for Buffalo Bills coach search

Jim Kelly had some harsh comments about Tyrod Taylor, but they dont jive with the reality.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/4/14168166/buffalo-bills-coach-search-tyrod-taylor-blake-bortles

Good article. Sounds like the Bills are moving on from Tyrod and Kelly is backing up the organization. Didnt see the interview. Unless thats entire thing above. Why didnt these so called experts ask him about the Bills having the 7th most points after week 15 and our defense which underperformed horrifically. Is 51-49 the only way to win a game?

Umm, Eli has led countless 4th quarter drives in huge games to win. That's the very definition of franchise (or "franschise").

How many 4 th quarter comebacks has he led. Countless isnt a number. Actually just looked it up. 30 since 2011. Second best. Also been in the league alot longer. Would like to know how he did his first two seasons. Maybe Ill look that up.

That never happens, the offense is bound to get worse and the defense will probably get better at passing but worse at rushing.

Never? Really? Never in the history of the league? So then. Just play the probabilities and youll win a Superbowl every year. Got it. Edited by TANK2

Our GM is black. Our OC was black. Now our HC is black. All our QBs are black. I'm not sure why you think Tyrod is being short-changed because he's black.

I think you can make intelligent, rational arguments why Tyrod should be our QB going forward, and why he shouldn't. Like every QB, TT has his strengths and his weaknesses. How you weigh those against each other will vary from fan to fan, and from coach to coach. His particular profile is fairly unique.

Then there's the issue of his future potential. Perfectly rational people think he's hit his ceiling. Other rational people expect him to get better yet - maybe with better coaching.

At this point, whether it's fair or not, there are probably some head coach candidates who believe you cannot build a winning franchise around Tyrod's unique skill set. That's just the reality we have to face.

Cogent take.

FireChan, that means it was good and true........

Good article. Sounds like the Bills are moving on from Tyrod and Kelly is backing up the organization. Didnt see the interview. Unless thats entire thing above. Why didnt these so called experts ask him about the Bills having the 7th most points after week 15 and our defense which underperformed horrifically. Is 51-49 the only way to win a game?

How many 4 th quarter comebacks has he led. Countless isnt a number.

Never? Really? Never in the history of the league? So then. Just play the probabilities and youll win a Superbowl every year. Got it.

You could look it up, or just add the snark...but I'll do it for ya.

Since 1960, he's had 30. This is tied for 6th.

While "countless isn't a number" as you astutely pointed out, that's damn near impressive.

You beat me to it...

Kelly didn't do Tyrod any favors with that interview -- not that he owes him any. Basically, he said Tyrod can make some "wow" plays nobody else can make, but the Bills needed somebody to make the throws at crucial times to move the chains, lead comebacks, and kill clock, and it wasn't there.

I realize Jimbo speaks from a different time, but one thing remains; in his day, the Dolphins had Dan Marino -a 1st ballot HOFer. He was crushing us until the USFL folded. Then the tables were turned and for a food 8 seasons, the winner of Dolphins/Bills games won the Division and Home Field. We beat them there in the AFC Championship for our 3rd SB. Who has Brady been challenged with in the Division? No One and no other AFC team could keep their HC long either.

That settles it. We need to trade our 1st and 2nd picks (#10 & #42) and next years 1st for Andrew Luck. Indy is getting a new coach so he'll have his choice to trade his choice picks our Draft. Luck would be perfect here, I believe. Makes all the throws, despite playing behind a terrible OL throughout his career. Can't even name an RB worth a damn since he's been there. Put him behind our OL with Shady & Felton, Clay, Sammy and a WR TBNL and nevermind NE, we contend for SB's for the next 6-7 years.

GITERDONE, Doug!

Kelly didn't do Tyrod any favors with that interview -- not that he owes him any. Basically, he said Tyrod can make some "wow" plays nobody else can make, but the Bills needed somebody to make the throws at crucial times to move the chains, lead comebacks, and kill clock, and it wasn't there.

No the defense isn't great, but the offense could help them out by chewing clock and moving the chains; therefore keeping them off the field...He is spot on with what many see with TT...