SVP of Communications Scott Berchtold should be accountable

HailMary

Public speaking is part of the job. hmmmmmmm

Has anyone mentioned this to Belichik?

What's questionable about Belichik and his style?

He has rings and is a SB contender every year. Hmmmmmmmm

Berchtold should be fired.

Bring in new blood. Edited by tannins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand the timing, John Wawrow texted both Pegulas within 10 min of the end of the presser and got a call-back within 10-15 minutes - well before the national reaction took hold.

Here's jw's take.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191292-ap-john-wawrow-interview-with-terry-pegula/?p=4200067

since my name happens to be on this one, i'll chime in.

i did ask the first question to Whaley in regards to the team seeming to be in a state of dysfunction.

it's clear Whaley either wasn't prepared to provide answers or was busy sticking to a script or was merely not interested in providing anything of merit to the discussion that he helped prompt with his lengthy silence.

it wasn't a good look.and it didn't sound any better.

i'm well aware some Bills executives were not happy with how that went down with Whaley saying he's speaking for ownership and then making everyone in the operation look bad.

that it took the Bills to resort to getting Terry and Kim to explain a thing or five does not reflect well on Whaley. he was supposed to help by start putting out the fire, not add more kindling to it.

it became imperative for the owners to speak. and i know a lot of people are glad they finally did.

whether i was "used" or not, i can't judge that. all i know is that i sent a text to both Terry and Kim and Terry responded within 15 minutes.

the fact is, some clarity was required, and finally provided.

jw

================================================

Bottom line, Whaley botched the presser and Pegs bailed him out.

Here's jw's take.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191292-ap-john-wawrow-interview-with-terry-pegula/?p=4200067

since my name happens to be on this one, i'll chime in.

i did ask the first question to Whaley in regards to the team seeming to be in a state of dysfunction.

it's clear Whaley either wasn't prepared to provide answers or was busy sticking to a script or was merely not interested in providing anything of merit to the discussion that he helped prompt with his lengthy silence.

it wasn't a good look.and it didn't sound any better.

i'm well aware some Bills executives were not happy with how that went down with Whaley saying he's speaking for ownership and then making everyone in the operation look bad.

that it took the Bills to resort to getting Terry and Kim to explain a thing or five does not reflect well on Whaley. he was supposed to help by start putting out the fire, not add more kindling to it.

it became imperative for the owners to speak. and i know a lot of people are glad they finally did.

whether i was "used" or not, i can't judge that. all i know is that i sent a text to both Terry and Kim and Terry responded within 15 minutes.

the fact is, some clarity was required, and finally provided.

jw

================================================

Bottom line, Whaley botched the presser and Pegs bailed him out.

Exactly. I would assume that the Pegulas knew the presser was disaster long before it ended too. Edited by dave mcbride

Has anyone here ever seen a Bill Belichck press conference?

Yes, I have. Have you?

He has never even remotely lost control of the room like Whaley did. Just because Bill doesn't have an outwardly glowing relationship with the media, doesn't mean that he loses control with them. He has half the reporters too scared to even ask him a question, for fear that it will be too dumb. A complete reversal from our situation. No idea why people keep bring that comparison up.

P.S. I have disagreed with Gunner Bill recently but I can never be too angry with him given that he is a fellow Gooner.

COYG

Feeling is mutual Peter. I think you are horribly wrong on Rex but for the right reasons... but you are certainly a man of taste in some respects.

Every couple of years of so when Belichick is in a good mood he's incredibly interesting to listen to.

Exactly. His explanation of how he came to use Alabama's unbalanced line in the Baltimore playoff game was gold. Wish he'd share what he's thinking more. Really insightful.

this guy should be fired for not pulling the idiot crews credentials

I don't like the local media (this is a shock to everyone I know). That said, I completely disagree. The media has a right to ask whatever "gotcha" questions they want to ask; the readers have the right not to read clickbait articles; and Doug Whaley has the professional obligation to handle all questions with a certain level of competence. He did not.

What's questionable about Belichik and his style?

He has rings and is a SB contender every year. Hmmmmmmmm

Bring in new blood.

Yep!!

Yes, I have. Have you?

He has never even remotely lost control of the room like Whaley did. Just because Bill doesn't have an outwardly glowing relationship with the media, doesn't mean that he loses control with them. He has half the reporters too scared to even ask him a question, for fear that it will be too dumb. A complete reversal from our situation. No idea why people keep bring that comparison up.

Totally agree. Apples to oranges.

I don't like the local media (this is a shock to everyone I know). That said, I completely disagree. The media has a right to ask whatever "gotcha" questions they want to ask; the readers have the right not to read clickbait articles; and Doug Whaley has the professional obligation to handle all questions with a certain level of competence. He did not.

Agree on all points. That said, I would think better of the local media if they had behaved in a more professional manner themselves, but I would never agree with pulling media credentials. It's "on" the guy giving the press conference to deal with that.

It's kind of a sad day when an example of Shady McCoy dealing with questions he didn't want to address came into my mind as superior press management skills than the Bills GM.