Tyrod Not Happy

I didn't really TT through the season. Didn't think we should keep him but wouldn't be upset if we did. Team looked terrible on Sunday. Part of me thinks he earned 17mil next year by not playing...

BUT....

You DO NOT BAIL on your team because you don't like your situation. That's exactly what he did and I have zero respect for that. Fine, coaches and th FO showed little faith. But if you're the leader you don't run home and cry to the media. You continue to lead, and he didn't.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree. The coach gets canned, and the GM wants me on the bench so he can cut me I guess. Isn't that pretty much the organization bailing on me? I should put a headset on and try and help our other QBs for a team that doesn't even want me?

They keep saying "business decision" but nobody made it clear one way or the other to Tyrod. So he would be safe to assume - im getting cut. Who cares what this team does at this point.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see the Tyrod benching is :

1) Protection from injury.

2) Evaluation of Back up QB's

3) Less chance to win while trying and improving draft pick.

Now Whaley has until March to try and trade for a QB ie Romo (not to fond of but would be upgrade), If San Diego wants to blow it up then Rivers, If Saints want to blow it up then Brees.

Only 3 that would interest me over Tyrod if deal is not pulled off you execute Tyrods contract.

All of these buy time to draft more QB's and Let Jones Develop. I do not see any other way to still give us a chance to make playoffs and not blow up the team ourselves.

1 and 2 are precisely what most everyone was clamoring for the final couple of weeks of the season. When the decision is made to do it... It's immediately construed as whaley wants to cut Tyrod and start EJ. You really can't please people.

1 and 2 are precisely what most everyone was clamoring for the final couple of weeks of the season. When the decision is made to do it... It's immediately construed as whaley wants to cut Tyrod and start EJ. You really can't please people.

I for one was not clamoring to see EJ Manuel. I wanted to see Taylor because he's fun player to watch, warts and all. Sports is entertainment at the end of the day. Manuel is not entertainment.

May be there is a clause in TT contract that does not allow Whaley to openly state that it was a business decision to bench Tyrod. Tyrod definitely knows why the Bills benched him (in fact him and his agent coming out with the groin injury clearly indicates that they are not going to let the Bills play any Injury card) and needs to be a professional about it. Sometimes, things are not exactly what they are.

Wait so just to be clear, you think TT is faking his injury?

??? - how did he bail on his team?

That's the media narrative. Tyrod won't speak on cleanout day! Not only does Taylor speak he's on the sideline for the Jets game. Welp.

Nope. He is keeping that as a tool to have surgery and recover in the off season keeping the Bills in Jitters. He holds the advantage.

Read the clause. Team doctors determine his level of injury. Advantage:Bills.

What's funny about these types of statements from players is that it's inconsistent when it happens going the other way. A guy can hold out because they've "outperformed their contract", and it's just considered business to them. After all, they just gotta eat. When a team sits a player in a meaningless game, because it could cost them almost $30m if he gets hurt, the player feels the butt hurt. Tyrod needs to suck it up. It wasn't personal and ALL business. Deal with it and move on.

These two comments sum it up. The way people treat Tyrod hes damned if he does. damned if he doesnt.

I for one was not clamoring to see EJ Manuel. I wanted to see Taylor because he's fun player to watch, warts and all. Sports is entertainment at the end of the day. Manuel is not entertainment.

It wreaks of nobody talking with him about the end game and why that happened.

We got a top 10 pick because we lost.

Tyrod Taylor and his errant throws and indecision kills me, but I don't think he's terrible. I understand The Bills wanting to take it slow and not blow 27 Million on an injury, but Tyrod should remain with this team. Restructure his contract and keep him on the team!!!! The only place we're going to find another QB is through the draft. Everyone thinks the next Zak Penobscot is waiting and we can draft him. Even if he is waiting, the Bills and Whaley aren't smart enough to draft him!

I think TT improved 10-fold between this and last season. His biggest problem was a banged up O-Line and a depleted receiver Corps!!!

Unless there is a free agent out there and I don't know who it is, Taylor is the best option. If Jones shows some promise have him fight it out in Camp...

Happy New Year!

Tyrod Taylor and his errant throws and indecision kills me, but I don't think he's terrible. I understand The Bills wanting to take it slow and not blow 27 Million on an injury, but Tyrod should remain with this team. Restructure his contract and keep him on the team!!!! The only place we're going to find another QB is through the draft. Everyone thinks the next Zak Penobscot is waiting and we can draft him. Even if he is waiting, the Bills and Whaley aren't smart enough to draft him!

I think TT improved 10-fold between this and last season. His biggest problem was a banged up O-Line and a depleted receiver Corps!!!

Unless there is a free agent out there and I don't know who it is, Taylor is the best option. If Jones shows some promise have him fight it out in Camp...

Happy New Year!

The numbers do not support this supposition:

2015 - 242/380 for 3,035 yards, 20 TD's, 6 INT's, 63.7% completion pct, 99.4 QBR, 36 sacks or 8.7% of drop backs, 518 yards rushing with 4 TDs and 7.4 YPC

2016 - 269/436 for 3,023 yards, 17 TD's, 6 INT's, 61.7% completion pct, 89.7 QBR, 42 sacks or 8.8% of drop backs, 580 yards rushing with 6 TDs and 6.1 YPC

You could say his numbers SHOULD have been better in 2016 but weren't because of injuries, but I wouldn't say he's improved in any measurable category. The seasons were not measurably different by any standard. He did deal with injuries last season as well and by any measure I can come up with, he had an equal or slightly worse 2016 than he did in 2015.

As far as the camp comment is concerned, there isn't going to be an open competition in camp of any sort, unless Tyrod isn't on the team next year. He'll be the starter or he won't be on the team.

The numbers do not support this supposition:

2015 - 242/380 for 3,035 yards, 20 TD's, 6 INT's, 63.7% completion pct, 99.4 QBR, 36 sacks or 8.7% of drop backs, 518 yards rushing with 4 TDs and 7.4 YPC

2016 - 269/436 for 3,023 yards, 17 TD's, 6 INT's, 61.7% completion pct, 89.7 QBR, 42 sacks or 8.8% of drop backs, 580 yards rushing with 6 TDs and 6.1 YPC

You could say his numbers SHOULD have been better in 2016 but weren't because of injuries, but I wouldn't say he's improved in any measurable category. The seasons were not measurably different by any standard. He did deal with injuries last season as well and by any measure I can come up with, he had an equal or slightly worse 2016 than he did in 2015.

As far as the camp comment is concerned, there isn't going to be an open competition in camp of any sort, unless Tyrod isn't on the team next year. He'll be the starter or he won't be on the team.

I think the biggest thing with those numbers is Taylor played in more games in 16 than he did in 15, and his number of TD's and yards DECREASED!!!

unless Tyrod isn't on the team next year. He'll be the starter or he won't be on the team.

This is crucial. Because there's no doubt in my mind he will become backup Flutie in the locker room as much as he became starter Flutie on the field the past two years.

If TT wants to be a BIll he will have to negotiate a new contract.. The contract on the table overpays him for what he brings. The contract on the table was for a QB who can win games in the 4th quarter, make some clutch plays in clutch situations. TT did not do much of that at all.

EJ is the best backup in the NFL according to Whaley. And Tyrod is the worst passing and probably top 10 worst starter. Whaley honestly secretly thought there wasn't going to be much of a drop off

People try to ascribe this believe to whales but recall he declined to pick up EJs option, didn't he?

I think he held hope a coaching staff could get him where he needs to be because he had the tangible stuff, but it seems pretty clear now he's someone else's project if any.

He's started 29 games in this league (28, technically). Two seasons into his playing career, really. Of course there have been growing pains. He hasn't been perfect. He's missed open receivers. But he also just QB'd an offense that was scoring at a rate comparable to the Super Bowl teams, with the only star receiver either injured or hobbled for the whole season. It would be quintessential Bills to unknowingly develop a solid QB and then let him go while he's on a manageable contract and watch him flourish somewhere else.