Tank for Sam Darnold SC QB , 2nd coming of Brady

The bit of tape study I started on Mason Rudolph before he decided to go back to school was pretty encouraging. If he takes another step for Oklahoma State this year I think he could end up being the hot name next draft season. I'm not 100% convinced with his arm strength - that is the main focus I will have watching him next year.

he is solid but wasn't overly impressed, could be the JP of the group.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is solid but wasn't overly impressed, could be the JP of the group.

JP was physical gifts who couldn't play, that is the opposite of the bit I have seen of Rudolph, who looks like he can play and the concerns are more around physical limitation.

I haven't really got into the film of any of the others yet but, based just on what I have seen watching games on tv.... and you won't like this..... the Rosen one has the highest "JP" potential of the 2018 QBs. Like JP he was a highly touted QB coming out of high school, like JP he enrolled at UCLA, unlike JP he was made the starter there but he has the same physical tools and questionable mental makeup from what I see. The injury doesn't help either.

I reserve the right to change this opinion because it is based on very limited viewing, but if there is JP potential in one of the highly touted 2018 class I see it in Josh Rosen.

Edited by GunnerBill

calling ANYONE the next Brady is nothing short of moronic!

You could call him the next Andrew Luck - tons of promise, looks like the real deal, no would in their right mine would trade that pick.

Oh yeah, how has Andrew Luck worked out so far?

You could call him the next Andrew Luck - tons of promise, looks like the real deal, no would in their right mine would trade that pick.

Luck has worked out pretty good for Indy in the first 5 Seasons. And to think what the next 12-14 seasons will be too.

JP was physical gifts who couldn't play, that is the opposite of the bit I have seen of Rudolph, who looks like he can play and the concerns are more around physical limitation.

I haven't really got into the film of any of the others yet but, based just on what I have seen watching games on tv.... and you won't like this..... the Rosen one has the highest "JP" potential of the 2018 QBs. Like JP he was a highly touted QB coming out of high school, like JP he enrolled at UCLA, unlike JP he was made the starter there but he has the same physical tools and questionable mental makeup from what I see. The injury doesn't help either.

I reserve the right to change this opinion because it is based on very limited viewing, but if there is JP potential in one of the highly touted 2018 class I see it in Josh Rosen.

I was talking to people about Rosen and one mentioned the word "fragile".

this is also true could be another 2004, hopefully we don't get stuck with another JP Losman.

I got Darnold, Josh Allen and Rosen.

Do you have anyone else?

He may not have a first round grade, but I like Luke Falk from Washington State.

could see that in Rosen. I was referring to Rudolph as JP in that he may bust not so much in similar abilities.

great except his whole team sucks and he had a better coach in Bruce Arians

Luck has done great things already with Indy...

Dude if you're asking how Andrew Luck has worked out then you need to start following the NFL. Last season with a crappy supporting cast he threw for 4200 yards and 31 TD's, so the answer to your question is he's an elite NFL franchise QB. 2015 was an injury year for him, but the year before that he threw for 40 touchdowns and almost 5000 yards.

Dude if you're asking how Andrew Luck has worked out then you need to start following the NFL. Last season with a crappy supporting cast he threw for 4200 yards and 31 TD's, so the answer to your question is he's an elite NFL franchise QB. 2015 was an injury year for him, but the year before that he threw for 40 touchdowns and almost 5000 yards.

On this board he would get crucified because he didnt find a way to win those games

Yes, we saw a lot of Luke out here and he's really good it's just there was not a lot of 4th quarter killer instinct that I saw. Thoughts?

I did not really notice that from what I've seen from him.

He looks like a leader, seems gutsy in his decision making and he does have the measurables. I see him as a 2nd rounder right now, and someone who if you let him watch and learn for a year or two, he could become a good NFL QB.

One concern I have, is that there have been games where he has taken a beating. His O-Line is not the best in the country.

I did not really notice that from what I've seen from him.

He looks like a leader, seems gutsy in his decision making and he does have the measurables. I see him as a 2nd rounder right now, and someone who if you let him watch and learn for a year or two, he could become a good NFL QB.

One concern I have, is that there have been games where he has taken a beating. His O-Line is not the best in the country.

Falk is also my favorite of the 2nd tier of QBs in this draft. I wouldn't want him in rd 2 because of the legit talent that will still be on the board and the need to fill starting spots, but could see him being an option in rd 3.