Kim Pegula Weighs In

@SalSports

Just spoke with Bills co-owner Kim Pegula who told me she expects team to interview 5-6 HC candidates as opposed to the 12 or so 2 years ago

Kim said ownership/front office will begin meeting tomorrow to further discuss candidates, player evaluations, and off-season direction.

Kim Pegula also reiterated to me she likes qualities Anthony Lynn brings to HC position, but he is certainly "not a lock."

Kim Pegula: "I believe in continuity and really wanted to make that happen. But, we just realized team wasn't going in direction we wanted"

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@SalSports

Just spoke with Bills co-owner Kim Pegula who told me she expects team to interview 5-6 HC candidates as opposed to the 12 or so 2 years ago

Kim said ownership/front office will begin meeting tomorrow to further discuss candidates, player evaluations, and off-season direction.

Kim Pegula also reiterated to me she likes qualities Anthony Lynn brings to HC position, but he is certainly "not a lock."

Kim Pegula: "I believe in continuity and really wanted to make that happen. But, we just realized team wasn't going in direction we wanted"

That is all it's ever been.

@SalSports

Oh my God.

Can Mr. or Mrs. Pegula please say "We're going to leave this to the football people. We want Doug to make this call for what HE thinks is best going forward....bc you know....we're very new at this and clearly botched Rex."

@SalSports

Would like to know who they are interveiwing

Oh my God. Can Mr. or Mrs. Pegula please say "We're going to leave this to the football people. We want Doug to make this call for what HE thinks is best going forward....bc you know....we're very new at this and clearly botched Rex."

because they are running this show and not Russ or Whaley

@SalSports

But I thought it was Whaley picking the new HC without meddling by ownership and Brandon?

Oh my God.

Can Mr. or Mrs. Pegula please say "We're going to leave this to the football people. We want Doug to make this call for what HE thinks is best going forward....bc you know....we're very new at this and clearly botched Rex."

Right. Like a hiring a head coach is just another "football" decision. It isn't.

You can rest assured Whaley will do the yeoman's work, but the Pegulas will give their blessing or not.

Let's be clear: if you pay $1.4 B for an NFL team, you will at least get to approve the guy who is going to be the face of your franchise.

Right. Like a hiring a head coach is just another "football" decision. It isn't.

You can rest assured Whaley will do the yeoman's work, but the Pegulas will give their blessing or not.

Blessing absolutely, it is their pockets where this coach is getting paid from not to mention the 3 more years on Ryans contract. But this "Kim said ownership/front office will begin meeting tomorrow to further discuss candidates, player evaluations, and off-season direction." sure sounds like a lot more than blessing Whaleys choice. Maybe she misspoke.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Oh my God.

Yea they sign the checks it's their team I get it blah blah.

But they're unqualified to even give their 2 cents in the decision. It's just a fact.

A cold hard fact. God bless him for all he's done for our teams and the city.

But when it comes to personnel and structure (for both teams) the Pegulas are putting up red flag after red flag of incompetent management.

Edited by Big Blitz

...as I just stated in another thread, if the Pegula's veto Whaley's choice for the next HC, the dysfunction will continue. Whaley is the #1 football mind in the organization, and if they chose not to let him do his job, he might as well quit, and we as fans...oh well.

If I owned the Bills, I would have off season evaluations and sit in on the meetings. I would discuss the candidates my GM wanted to bring in for the interviews. I would want to stay apprised of all developments, I would make my thoughts on every bit of it well known, and then I would let my GM pick his guy and 95% chance sign off. The only difference between that and what the Pegulas are doing is I would probably have a larger list of candidates I didn't want.

If I owned the Bills, I would have off season evaluations and sit in on the meetings. I would discuss the candidates my GM wanted to bring in for the interviews. I would want to stay apprised of all developments, I would make my thoughts on every bit of it well known, and then I would let my GM pick his guy and 95% chance sign off. The only difference between that and what the Pegulas are doing is I would probably have a larger list of candidates I didn't want.

You mean you wouldn't just spend billions on a company and then sit back and do nothing?

...as I just stated in another thread, if the Pegula's veto Whaley's choice for the next HC, the dysfunction will continue. Whaley is the #1 football mind in the organization, and if they chose not to let him do his job, he might as well quit, and we as fans...oh well.

That's fair.

But if I'm the Pegulas and Whaley ushers in a two-headed, stuttering idiot that looks like Brendan Frasier after he discovered carbohydrates, I'm reserving the right to veto his choice. The HC is the face of the franchise. But I think Whaley understands that aspect as well.