Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

Being under contract as a DC is no issue with the possibility of a promotion to HC with another franchise.

I meant in the sense that he would have to be placed as HC, when he was previously a frontrunner and then passed over. There would be no sliding him in the back door and going "isn't it great guess who is back where he used to be?!?"

It would have to be a full eating of crow.

Glad to hear about Reich

Unless he's bringing Rivers or Wentz with him, I'm on the skeptical side. In his 3 years as OC, he's always had high-quality passers to work with. His run game in San Diego was bottom-scraping.

Call me crazy but I would like someone specifically qualified to oversee QB development. We don't need any more defensive guys running the show.

I won't call you crazy, but I don't think it's really the HC job to oversee QB development. We need an OC that designs a good passing game and is good with QB development, and a QB coach who is in sync with the OC.

Unless he's bringing Rivers or Wentz with him, I'm on the skeptical side. In his 3 years as OC, he's always had high-quality passers to work with. His run game in San Diego was bottom-scraping.

I won't call you crazy, but I don't think it's really the HC job to oversee QB development. We need an OC that designs a good passing game and is good with QB development, and a QB coach who is in sync with the OC.

If Reich can develop a QB and he kept Lynn as OC to keep the running game intact. And was able to bring in Gus Bradley to run the defense, I'd be fine with this hire. If not, peace out.

The question will be: since the bills are on the hook for about 16M more with Rex, will they be cheap with their hire of the next HC?

I would have worried about that with Ralph...not so with the Pegulas. I think they're getting desperate to make things right.

I'd like to see sn offensive guy be the next HC.

I think Whaley does as well. I never got the impression Rex was high on Whaley's board during the interviews a couple years ago, that decision came from Russ and the Pegula's. Whaley seemed to hint at that during some of his recent interviews.

McDermott knows how to run a defense.

Certainly hope so. How many scheme changes has the defense been through in the last few years? 5 out of 6?

My biggest worry is ruining the offense... the defense is already as bad as it can get with the players we have, so my priority is keeping the good stuff in tact (the offense), and then going from there.

The panthers defense was worse than Buffalo's this year.

Is that due to him or the players?

The loss of Josh Norman as well as the injury to Luke Kuechly set them back this season. Here's his resume:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McDeSe0.htm

Edited by 26CornerBlitz