Coach search has come (again) who is the best fit?

mead107

I have calmed down after yesterday's rants against hiring Anthony Lynn. I realize that you certainly can't blame him for a bad game when he was only promoted to head coach 4 days earlier. It will take an awful lot to get rid of the lackadaisical attitudes by some players and total disorganization that was allowed to go on under Rex Ryan.

That being said, I think that they do need to do a search that extends beyond Anthony Lynn and seriously consider other candidates.

i would not delay decision for long waiting to talk with a coordinator of a playoff team. Waiting too long makes it much harder for the new coach to put together a staff as other new-hire coaches will have put their staffs together already.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have calmed down after yesterday's rants against hiring Anthony Lynn. I realize that you certainly can't blame him for a bad game when he was only promoted to head coach 4 days earlier. It will take an awful lot to get rid of the lackadaisical attitudes by some players and total disorganization that was allowed to go on under Rex Ryan.

That being said, I think that they do need to do a search that extends beyond Anthony Lynn and seriously consider other candidates.

i would not delay decision for long waiting to talk with a coordinator of a playoff team. Waiting too long makes it much harder for the new coach to put together a staff as other new-hire coaches will have put their staffs together already.

The poor guy was forced to start EJ yesterday. Any and all evaluation ends there.

Andre Lowe @AndreLowe

@MikeSilver aren't teams only interviewing "certain" candidates to satisfy the NFL's "Rooney Rule"?

Michael Silver @MikeSilver 1m1 minute ago

This year hopefully not. Anthony Lynn, Teryl Austin, Vance Joseph and Harold Goodwin are all legit.

So Dave Toub is getting some play now:

YardsPerPass.com @YardsPerPass 2m2 minutes ago

I'd give a long hard looks at Todd Haley and Dave Toub if I were Doug Whaley

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 3h3 hours ago

If SF is looking for a GM with strong relationship w/coach they should be talking to Ballard and Toub! Winning combination!

Edited by Reed83HOF

In a perfect world i wanT Schwartz at Hc and Lynn as OC. Second choice would be Lynn as HC and Bradley as DC.

Im on board with this or Lynn OC Bradley as DC and anyone decent at HC. Sometimes the Coordinators are more important to the teams performance than the HC. Which makes me wonder, if as predicted we get Lynn at HC Bradley at DC who are we gonna bring in at OC?

Im on board with this or Lynn OC Bradley as DC and anyone decent at HC. Sometimes the Coordinators are more important to the teams performance than the HC. Which makes me wonder, if as predicted we get Lynn at HC Bradley at DC who are we gonna bring in at OC?

Hackett

Call me a homer, but I'd like to see Frank Reich as HC. Former QB in the league that's familiar with game time situations. Been around winning organizations. Should be able to attract top coordinators. Knows the area and the pulse of the Buffalo fan. And should be able to make Chad Kelly, who the Bills should draft as their QB, a better person with his spiritual leadership.

Call me a homer, but I'd like to see Frank Reich as HC. Former QB in the league that's familiar with game time situations. Been around winning organizations. Should be able to attract top coordinators. Knows the area and the pulse of the Buffalo fan. And should be able to make Chad Kelly, who the Bills should draft as their QB, a better person with his spiritual leadership.

What does the pulse of the Buffalo fan base have to do with being a good head coach?

No thank you to Chad Kelly.

Reich might be a good candidate, but not for the reasons you listed.

A bad coordinator and an undrafted player at qB? Pass

What does the pulse of the Buffalo fan base have to do with being a good head coach?

No thank you to Chad Kelly.

Reich might be a good candidate, but not for the reasons you listed.

I, as a Buffalo Bills fan, want hard working, committed to winning type players on the roster. No matter how talented the player is. Chad Kelly is the best QB talent in this year draft, period. Is he a head case? Yes. Many teams may not take a flyer on him, but he is a talented player who hates to lose based on watching him play. Can he change and learn to be more professional? Maybe. He'd sure have a nice support system being in Buffalo around his family.

A bad coordinator and an undrafted player at qB? Pass

Reich, a couple years ago, was a top HC candidate. Even if Chad Kelly goes undrafted, it's not because of his football talent

Reich, a couple years ago, was a top HC candidate. Even if Chad Kelly goes undrafted, it's not because of his football talent

He isn't considered that anymore.

Kelly is a mid round talent because of his decision making. The injury and character have him as a borderline draftable player. Matt Miller has him as the last player drafted.

I, as a Buffalo Bills fan, want hard working, committed to winning type players on the roster. No matter how talented the player is. Chad Kelly is the best QB talent in this year draft, period. Is he a head case? Yes. Many teams may not take a flyer on him, but he is a talented player who hates to lose based on watching him play. Can he change and learn to be more professional? Maybe. He'd sure have a nice support system being in Buffalo around his family.

No he is not. Not even close. Give me a break. Forget that guy. He is a chump.