GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when someone at you work gets fired, do you go up to the CEO and ask why he was fired?

If my job was to manage the company and big decisions are being made behind my back then yes, I would want to know why. How else is he supposed to help make things right if he doesn't know or care to know?

The reason why Whaley is leading this search is that the Pegula's can lay the blame on the Bills failure squarely on his shoulders when Whaley's hand picked HC fails. At that time, the Pegula's will fire Whaley and clean house.

OR. He gets it right and the Bills are instantly in the mix for playoffs next year. Top 10 pick should have an instant impact IF they get it right.

Whaley: "I have not thought about why Rex was fired."

"I am moving forward. I'd rather put the time into going forward."

This guy is fantastically full of ****.

Well, at the very least he is nervous, agitated and uncomfortable on camera and with the media. Not a man who inspires confidence in the organization.

They're asking the same questions over and over trying to get him to slip up.

Just because they're confused by something (as they've been repeating over and over) doesn't mean it's confusing.

"just to clarify..." over and over

He is not going to say anything. GMs do not tell the media stuff that is going on in the organization. He has talking points. What do they think is going to be divulged?

One of them even sounded like he never read Pegula's statement that was released on the Rex firing.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Feels like the press is trying to get they Pegulas to have the new HC report to Whaley, so they can burn the whole thing down when it fails.

Let's hope so.

If the **** show remains as it is, we won't make the playoffs for 100 years.

Ask the Cubs fans if a sports streak can last that long.

@JoeBuscaglia

Doug Whaley is seriously trying to make us believe that he hasn't thought about if he agreed/disagreed with the Rex firing. What?

He was told not to address the Rex situation, 100% guaranteed.

I'm sorry but this is a media relations disaster. Tell your GM to be open and honest. Everyone knows the Rex hire wasn't the right decision... your franchise just fired the guy. Why play this smoke and mirror game and rile up Bucky and Sully? What purpose does this serve?

I don't know who is pulling the media strings at OBD, whether it is Berchtold or self-proclaimed media expert Kim Pegula... but whoever it is needs to find something else to do.

Whaley is making his job sound robotic with his "everyone has a boss, I just listen to the owners" ... I wish my Sr,Management position was as easy but for some reason my company makes me accountable for performance with yearly goals.

Whaley is dying. He said he did not want to "waste time" thinking about the firing of Rex, he wanted to go forward. He is lying and dying.

Why not say, "I agree with the owners decision for fire Rex"? Unless he doesn't agree of course.

If my job was to manage the company and big decisions are being made behind my back then yes, I would want to know why. How else is he supposed to help make things right if he doesn't know or care to know?

He knows why. He's just not going to publicly disparage Rex.

If I were Kim or Terry, I would be asking the question why did I listen to this guy rather than Rex?!?!

P.S. Doug expressed concern about other teams stealing Doug's "blueprint." That is about the last thing Doug has to worry about.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

What an embarrassment. I went from on the fence with Whaley to being convinced he is part of the problem. The Pegulas look clueless as well.

Also there are a few things I have learned over the years about certain people in Buffalo sports. One of them is that Whaley is Sal's source and they are friends. I lost respect for Sal with the soft balls he was lobbing up there for Whaley to change the tone of the conversation.