GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo media are having one huge circle jerk right now. Did they really believe Whaley was going to disclose the depth of his discussions with the Pegulas about Rex? The problem with the Bills is the management structure -- and it sounds as though they've made the decision to give the GM more authority.

Maybe... But torch and pitchfork futures are through the roof!

so whos fault is it? I blame the reporters for this press conference falling off the rails. Every !@#$in question was part of their witch hunt. Period. !@#$in jokes

Public speaking is perhaps Whaley's biggest weakness. People here want to say he's dim, but it's clear he has a speech impediment he's worked hard to overcome -- and when stressed, it takes effort for him to keep it in check.

That said, Whaley could have taken more control over this press conference but hasn't. That's on him.

There are also a ton of ridiculous questions being hurled at him by ridiculous men doing their job poorly.

It's 50/50.

So when someone at you work gets fired, do you go up to the CEO and ask why he was fired?

When a peer of mine that I work with constantly disappears or gets fired, yeah, I ask my boss what the hell happened. And I've done that... and I usually get a reasonable explanation.

Whaley got an explanation, but he either doesn't want to answer the question, or he was told not to.

When a peer of mine that I work with constantly disappears or gets fired, yeah, I ask my boss what the hell happened. And I've done that... and I usually get a reasonable explanation.

Whaley got an explanation, but he either doesn't want to answer the question, or he was told not to.

Or he didn't bother to ask because he didn't support Rex.

Public speaking is perhaps Whaley's biggest weakness. People here want to say he's dim, but it's clear he has a speech impediment he's worked hard to overcome -- and when stressed, it takes effort for him to keep it in check.

That said, Whaley could have taken more control over this press conference but hasn't. That's on him.

There are also a ton of ridiculous questions being hurled at him by ridiculous men doing their job poorly.

It's 50/50.

fair