Bills will consider Teryl Austin, Reich, Harold Goodwin

YoloinOhio

@rapsheet

The #Bills job is OC Anthony Lynn's to lose, sources say. BUF is also doing homework on candidates Frank Reich, Teryl Austin, Harold Goodwin

@adamschefter

Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting list. Goodwin will get some looks this offseason, perhaps in Denver or Arizona (if Arians retires). There are going to be a bunch of attractive job openings like Denver and LA, it's not a great time to have to hire a new coach.

Sure it is. We have the perfect guy already.

Lynn is the next HC. I guess it's just dumb luck he happened to be in the organization already!

:rolleyes:

@rapsheet

The #Bills job is OC Anthony Lynn's to lose, sources say. BUF is also doing homework on candidates Frank Reich, Teryl Austin, Harold Goodwin

@adamschefter

Rams, Jags and Bills all expected to interview Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for their head coaching job, per sources.

The Cardinals Offense had a massive (6 PPG) dropoff in scoring compared to last year. Working with much different talent, Lynn was a better OC. Why would Goodwin be considered by anyone for HC"?

I have been a Bills fan my entire life, l was s kid when OJ and Electric Company were running wild, and lived in Miami during the Super bowl years. I have pretty seen it all , and been through it all with the Bills. But Anthony Lynn as head coach. I'M OUT! Drain the swamp, Starting with Brandon, Overdorf, and Whaley. Enough is enough, to many excuses.

I would absolutely HATE Reich as HC. It would be the Billsiest thing we could do.

Goodwin is a glorified o-line coach living in the shadows of BA.

From what I've read about Austin, he's supposedly some master communicator, motivator and schemer of defenses. Aside from one great year the aliens D has been average.

I still like Lynn the most.

I have been a Bills fan my entire life, l was s kid when OJ and Electric Company were running wild, and lived in Miami during the Super bowl years. I have pretty seen it all , and been through it all with the Bills. But Anthony Lynn as head coach. I'M OUT! Drain the swamp, Starting with Brandon, Overdorf, and Whaley. Enough is enough, to many excuses.

lol bye

Very similar timeline, you and I. I totally agree with your thinking, it's time to purge the whole damn thing. Have the Pegulas start completely fresh, it might be the only way to salvage their image because they have been taken quite the publicity beating of late.

RF @RF7883 4m4 minutes ago

@jchenelly Any update on HC? Coughlin still in the running or is Lynn signed, sealed and delivered?

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 55s55 seconds ago

@RF7883 Coughlin still very much in the running. Lynn will interview elsewhere and with Bills.

RF @RF7883 2m2 minutes ago

@jchenelly Thanks for the reply Joe. Hope you and the family had a great Christmas and New Year. Any update on the czar role?

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly

@RF7883 Still something ownership would like. But hiring Coughlin would negate the need. Happy New Year.

Edited by Reed83HOF

RF ‏@RF7883 4m4 minutes ago

@jchenelly Any update on HC? Coughlin still in the running or is Lynn signed, sealed and delivered?

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 55s55 seconds ago

@RF7883 Coughlin still very much in the running. Lynn will interview elsewhere and with Bills.

RF ‏@RF7883 2m2 minutes ago

@jchenelly Thanks for the reply Joe. Hope you and the family had a great Christmas and New Year. Any update on the czar role?

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly

@RF7883 Still something ownership would like. But hiring Coughlin would negate the need. Happy New Year.

Hard to see Lynn getting any interviews after that poop fest. I know you can't turn an ocean liner around on a dime, but they looked worse today than at any point under Rex - and he was bad

I don't know how any fan can have such a strong opinion about Lynn one way or the other.

He's never been a HC at any level and has only become a OC in-season. So he's never assembled a coaching staff, never organized an offseason, never put together a playbook, never led an NFL team.

What body of work can we fans evaluate him on?

Guys inside the NFL - like Charlie Casserly and Gus Bradley - speak highly of Lynn. I personally don't know enough about the guy to have an opinion.

Hard to see Lynn getting any interviews after that poop fest. I know you can't turn an ocean liner around on a dime, but they looked worse today than at any point under Rex - and he was bad

he will get interviews. He has been interim coach for 4 days and playing with backup QBs. Unless the teams think he's bringing EJ, Dennis Thurman and Danny Crossman along I'm pretty sure they will still have interest if they did before.