Taylor does have a groin issue after all; may need surgery

YoloinOhio

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much was Osweiler paid? TT's body of work is much better than Osweiler's.

All I want to know is:

1. Is TT not playing this week b/c we are eliminated and he is injured; or

2. Is TT not playing this week b/c of the injury clause in his contract and we don't yet have a HC hired; or

3. Is TT no playing this week b/c of both #1 and #2 and the Bills don't want his injury to get even more aggravated, causing him to require surgery and forcing a new HC/the Bills to be married to TT.

It shouldn't be that difficult to get a straight answer. There's nothing wrong with the Bills coming out and flat out saying something like: "We will wait until a HC is hired before making a final determination on players" End of any questions there.

As for "camp Tyrod" making up this injury, that's complete BS. I don't doubt he's injured at all as its been reported already. When it comes down to being medically cleared in March, with millions on the line, Tyrod won't be able to "fake" that injury. The Bills will make sure of that.

I think it's a combination of #1 and #2. He is injured, he has been injured and playing effectively while we still had a chance, but now that we're out of it, sit his a**, let him recover, and get some sort of a read-out on where EJ is. Protect Taylor and let EJ get some game tape out there to see where he is.

I really don't understand why this is a big, brouhaha issue. Think 2011 when we had Ryan Fitzpatrick starting most of the year with a certain element of speculation (when he struggled) as to why Brian Brohm, #56 pick of the 2008 draft and visibly better than Fitz in preseason, wasn't given a shot. Crazy like a fox, Gailey sat the injured (but playble, if season were at stake) Fitzpatrick, handed the ball to Brohm, and let him answer the question. 0 TD, 3 INT, 3 sacks, and a QB rating of 17.9 later, the answer emerged "Oh. That's why."

Now there may be a different answer with EJ. Maybe he'll light the place on fire and his agent's phone will start ringing.

Per Vic Carruci FWIW - https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/814553687486058496

Tyrod Taylor pulled me aside in #Bills locker room to briefly say he's not looking to leave the team despite being benched for Sunday

A lot of noise everywhere. I think the most reasonable thing is: Lynn wants to be HC of the Bills and have TT be his QB. and TT wants Bills to pick up his option. Everything else is noise and nonsense.

And this is how Florio rolls with it as his headline

@profootballtalk

Tyrod Taylor to be evaluated for groin/hernia surgery; it's a procedure that could cost the Bills $30.5 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/29/tyrod-taylor-to-be-evaluated-for-groinhernia-surgery/

After rolling with this headline 10 minutes earlier

@profootballtalk

The Bills put Tyrod Taylor in bubble wrap to avoid owing him $30.5 million; it may have been too late

Edited by YoloinOhio

And this is how Florio rolls with it...

@profootballtalk

Tyrod Taylor to be evaluated for groin/hernia surgery; it's a procedure that could cost the Bills $30.5 million

Lmao. Problem with social media is that people can tweet things without much thought on how it sounds. Applies to people in all walks of life.

I think it's a combination of #1 and #2. He is injured, he has been injured and playing effectively while we still had a chance, but now that we're out of it, sit his a**, let him recover, and get some sort of a read-out on where EJ is. Protect Taylor and let EJ get some game tape out there to see where he is.

I really don't understand why this is a big, brouhaha issue. Think 2011 when we had Ryan Fitzpatrick starting most of the year with a certain element of speculation (when he struggled) as to why Brian Brohm, #56 pick of the 2008 draft and visibly better than Fitz in preseason, wasn't given a shot. Crazy like a fox, Gailey sat the injured (but playble, if season were at stake) Fitzpatrick, handed the ball to Brohm, and let him answer the question. 0 TD, 3 INT, 3 sacks, and a QB rating of 17.9 later, the answer emerged "Oh. That's why."

Now there may be a different answer with EJ. Maybe he'll light the place on fire and his agent's phone will start ringing.

I also agree that everything is being overblown right now.