Do you trust the Pegulas to make the right decision?

Santana

We have the OPPORTUNITY to START Cardale Jones and see what he can do but NO we start the BUM who is not our future.

This last game is a throwaway game for draft position, obviously. They will lay down and we will move up. Watch.

DAMN I hate EJ.... I wish he'd go away.

Well Rex is fired, I didn't want to stay stuck on that. However, I am finding the aftershock of the firing to be more worrisome. The Pegula's are evidently keeping Whaley as the GM and now the Bills are going to start EJ Manuel on Sunday vs the Jets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is totally a Whaley move. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but starting EJ after seeing him fail for 3 years just makes no sense whatsoever.

Does it matter wheatherI (we) trust them or not?

Don't they own the team?

Thus, they can hire, and fire, whomever they want.

They have enough talent on this team to be in the playoffs. This narrative that they have a bad roster in nonsense. Folks act like they have been 2-14 for the past few seasons. Remember the 84-85 Bills? That team had little talent. Remember Keith Ellison being the Bills best LB? Those teams had little talent. This team has talent.

And let's not forget Joe Dufek at QB. Those were great days.

Tyrod has an injury clause in his contract. If he gets hurt playing the game we owe him 31 million I believe.

He would have been paid that in any of his 15 starts this year. If pegula puts in any of the other chumps for the Jets. Then he is simply covering his ass on his investment. He is not selling propane here. And has little interest in winning (or brandon still has nis ear) I would lose even more faith in this rookie sports team(s) owner. How are the Sabres doing sfter their tank? They blow!

Whaley won the power struggle. Pegula panicked in sitting Taylor. To do it to save money is a red flag to potential FA in the off season. Playing EJ is the last last chance for him to show case his potential. Next season, the Bills will be lucky to win 5 games. I did not like Rex but I wanted to give him one last chance to turn it around with another draft and a healthier team

Whaley needs to pick next HC. If it's a bad hire, fire HC and Whaley. Hopefully Pegula gets this part right and let's Whaley do his job. I'm not totally convinced Whaley gets it right.

Ugh, will this nightmare ever end? At this point I believe this franchise has a great chance of beating the New Orleans Saints record of 20 straight playoff-less seasons.

Yep, that's why they're firing RR, must have had that same expert advice 2 years ago. S/ Lol

I'm constantly amazed at how many football fans think that football coaching/analyzing is akin to brain surgery or rocket science, and the "average Joe" would have no clue what to do.

Sure, not everybody is going to be very well-versed in schemes, Xs & Os, and the like, but for those of us who have been closely watching for decades, it ain't brain surgery. IMO, there are posters here in this forum who certainly know as much as the idiot Rex. I learned years & years ago that the "most qualified" person for the job often does not get said job.

And if you suffer through watching any of the myriad pre-game shows, with their "expert" analysts, you know exactly what I'm talking about, re "they're smarter than us because they played (or coached) the game."

I'm not sure if this is arrogance, naivete, or something else.

None of us know as much about coaching football as a NFL coach. How many coaching clinics have you attended? How long have you spent as a position coach or coordinator? What books have you studied?

So you believe that these guys who have immersed themselves in coaching for 20, 30, 40 years have only learned the same material that you have learned watching the game? That's just crazy.

I used to be an army officer and what the amateurs wrote about our missions - or the talking heads said on tv - was generally comically misinformed and ignorant. That's how professional football guys feel about us sometimes.

I'm sure you're an expert in something. Do rank amateurs who have never done your job know as much as you?

Rex could coach circles around anyone on this site. Unfortunately, he can't coach circles around the other highly experienced coaches that he actually coaches against.

We have the OPPORTUNITY to START Cardale Jones and see what he can do but NO we start the BUM who is not our future.

This last game is a throwaway game for draft position, obviously. They will lay down and we will move up. Watch.

DAMN I hate EJ.... I wish he'd go away.

Multiple Bills have said Cardale has potential but just isn't ready for game play yet.

The coaches may went to develop him intelligently instead of throwing him into a game he isn't ready for.

Whaley won the power struggle. Pegula panicked in sitting Taylor. To do it to save money is a red flag to potential FA in the off season. Playing EJ is the last last chance for him to show case his potential. Next season, the Bills will be lucky to win 5 games. I did not like Rex but I wanted to give him one last chance to turn it around with another draft and a healthier team

The TT decision is not about saving money It's about not having their hand forced on picking up the option by an injury in a meaningless contest. The Bills will make that decision on their own and.keep their options open. If T Pegs cared about saving $ he wouldn't have fired Ryan with 3 years left on his deal.

Like him or not, Whaley is leading the coaching search. This is the correct move by the Pegula's. GM needs to pick his coach and there never should be a debate about that.

Agreed. Say what you will about retaining Whaley as GM, that's a different debate. But the GM should hire the head coach. A unified and clear vision is needed going forward.

No. And the fact they trust Whaley should be troublesome to all.

I would go a different direction than Whaley. But this is the right move now that it's obvious he is staying. The GM must be all in on the HC choice and Whaley has to know he will pay the price if he chooses the wrong guy. Hope he gets it right.

Glad so many of you nut cases know what should be done. Glad to see all of you know how to run the Bills seeing how you have been so successful in building your wealth into 4 billion dollars. IMO

How does being a billionaire translate into being able to build a successful NFL franchise. How was it worked out for Lil' Danny Snyder and dozens of other professional sports franchise owners?

Sounds like Whaley is running the HC search, so I'm willing to give him a try. Guessing this will be his last chance to get it right...

I hope it is.

But i I also would be delighted if he gets it right. And if he gets it wrong he goes away.

Right thing for Pegulas to do, and smart.

How does being a billionaire translate into being able to build a successful NFL franchise. How was it worked out for Lil' Danny Snyder and dozens of other professional sports franchise owners?

bob craft Jerry jones Paul Allen just to name a few. You don't get to be a billionaire with out surrounding your self wit good people.