Bye bye Tyrod

MAJBobby

Don't worry Major BOOBIE isn't making the calls! We're good, TT will be back until they have someone better.

Doubt the next HC wants to be limited by the QB who guided one of the worst passing attacks in the NFL. I'm sure the new HC is just wanting to sign up for that asap.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were tied. It was 3rd down and they were going to kick a FG on the next play if they didn't get a 1st down at the 1 or a TD on that play. Tyrod went out at the 7 for a 3 yard loss. Trying to win the game at that point means running as much time off the clock as possible. All he had to do was stay in bounds if he couldn't get to the 1. It was a bad mistake that I explained it to my son when it happened. I told him that Taylor should have stayed in bounds and that he just saved Miami 24 seconds. If that extra time lets Miami score and the Bills lose the game, then the loss is on him. And that's how it worked out.

?? The Bills were never tied in that game except in OT.

I mean really if TT doesnt turn the Ball over why is it only 24ppg.

Ooo i know the NFL leading 3 and out %.

3 and out similar to TO right quick change event

But lets ignore real football concepts to paint a pretty picture

Bills are 9th in 3 and out percentage. Continue looking like a fool. It's entertaining.

Want to know who is 6th? New England.

Can't wait to see you change the topic again.

Still waiting for a response on the above, Major. Can't wait to hear you "ignore real football concepts to paint a pretty picture."

Oh man. The object at that point of the game was to effing score and not worry about the clock. They were losing and he was trying to make a play by turning the corner. He didn't get it done on that particular play, but that is HARDLY why the Bills lost. The creative reasoning I'm seeing about how Taylor was somehow responsible for the Bills loss is rich. Bear in mind that there were 2 no-doubt PIs in the endzone that weren't called and which cost the Bills arguably 11 points.

Called situational football. But keep the blind defense

Such a bizarre, surreal scenario. Never can I remember a starting NFL QB being benched after what was probably the best game of his career.

Only in Buffalo...

You can already see multiple former players bashing the Bills for the decision. London Fletcher even recently referred to it as a "bush league move".

People can say what they want, but the Bills front office should do more to get in front of it if they care about attracting free agents this off-season. Of course, money talks the loudest, but if you're worried that the team will manipulate a situation solely to avoid possibly paying you, then you're not going to want to go there.

Um, the premise BarleyNY was operating under when he made the post wasn't correct - it was never tied. Look at the discussion above. It was actually 28-24 when that occurred. Anyway, the schtick is so tired and I felt I had to react. I'm done with this particular debate. It's a waste of time.

Edited by dave mcbride

Theoretically right - however Miami ran the last play with 40 seconds left on the clock. They got the kicking team on the field and comfortably executed.

But - we called timeout anyway. Cuz if you don't score you want to give yourself a shot.... So i think the clock was running. I think in that situation you actually want to go out of bounds. If you then are incomplete on 4th down. You have 3 timeouts. You stop them 3 times and you get something like 40 seconds to drive down. It's called situational football...

• 3rd and Goal at MIA 4

(1:32 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Taylor left end to MIA 7 for -3 yards (B.Rambo; N.Hewitt). Designed rush, receivers in blocking mode

• (1:25 - 4th) Timeout #1 by BUF at 01:25.

Edited by dneveu

You can already see multiple former players bashing the Bills for the decision. London Fletcher even recently referred to it as a "bush league move".

People can say what they want, but the Bills front office should do more to get in front of it if they care about attracting free agents this off-season. Of course, money talks the loudest, but if you're worried that the team will manipulate a situation solely to avoid possibly paying you, then you're not going to want to go there.

Ridiculously uninformed by Fletch. This isn't about reaching some incentive in TTs contract or something. THAT would be a turnoff to free agents. This is about an injury guarantee that would mean picking up two years of a contract or more for huge guaranteed $$. Just business and any team in this situation with a HC decision to be made would keep their options open. Not denying anything TT is due in 2016.

?? The Bills were never tied in that game except in OT.

You're right. Taylor hit Clay in the end zone on 4th down and 6 from the 7 for the TD. That put the Bills up by 3. I remembered that the Bills went up by 3, but was wrong about how. I'll revise my previous post.

Edited by BarleyNY

Bills are 9th in 3 and out percentage. Continue looking like a fool. It's entertaining.

Want to know who is 6th? New England.

Can't wait to see you change the topic again.

Where did you get your stat from because I had a hard time finding 3 and out % stats.

I found the Bills had 165 total drives and 37 ended in 3 and out for 22.42%, that is ranked 24th in the chart I see.

www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2016/

Bills also had:

148 1st downs passing, that ranked 30th

139 1st downs rushing, that ranked 1st

I mean really if TT doesnt turn the Ball over why is it only 24ppg.

Ooo i know the NFL leading 3 and out %.

3 and out similar to TO right quick change event

But lets ignore real football concepts to paint a pretty picture

Well this is very true. Keeping the ball for 2 minutes just to punt is bad also. Edited by Beef Jerky

Showing his age, then. It's like my dad thinking new cars cost $6K or that you can find a nice house for around $75K.

For $75K you can own an entire street on the East Side. Your lifespan might get shortened. But you would have your own kingdom for a while.

Actually, we know EJ is not worth keeping. Starting EJ is an admission that Cardale, after a full year on the roster, is not yet capable of playing an NFL game. THAT is an inditement of Whaleys draft for Cardale. Seems to me Cardale should be ready for a developmental game...and if not, xxxxx!!! Why was he, drafted at all then?

If they're intent on giving Lynn a one game tryout, which I suspect they are, this would be one of the stupidest things they could do; force a rookie on him who's not even been running his own team's plays in practice for the year, as though he won't have enough on his plate.

Where did you get your stat from because I had a hard time finding 3 and out % stats.

I found the Bills had 165 total drives and 37 ended in 3 and out for 22.42%, that is ranked 24th in the chart I see.

www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2016/

Bills also had:

148 1st downs passing, that ranked 30th

139 1st downs rushing, that ranked 1st

I used the same site. They are 24th best which is 9th worst. I just filtered in the opposite direction since he said they are the worst, when they are not, they are in 9th for most three and outs as a percentage.

Ridiculously uninformed by Fletch. This isn't about reaching some incentive in TTs contract or something. THAT would be a turnoff to free agents. This is about an injury guarantee that would mean picking up two years of a contract or more for huge guaranteed $$. Just business and any team in this situation with a HC decision to be made would keep their options open. Not denying anything TT is due in 2016.

I don't disagree. And until the organization provides more transparency that's what they can expect. Uniformed remarks/beliefs until otherwise corrected.

Boy Ryan you have been very emotional lately!! It is really hard pushing the Tyrod is the worst QB ever narrative and being wrong. LMAO making your usual useless non-contribution to football discussion.

He's not he worst. He's just 31st out of 32 at the whole passing thing.

Gabbert is the worst. He was 32nd.

2 seasons. 26th and 31st in passing.

What else do you wannna see ?

They are 7th in points and 12th in yards, but presumably you know that and just choose not to include the stats.

Careful there... Keeping the big picture in focus isn't as universally appreciated here as it should be. While Taylor's holding the ball too long and his reluctance to throwing between the hashes infuriated me more than I care to remember, his play has also shown ability too. Would like him to stay but not at the cost projected to be 30M plus in guarantees.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Unless the Bills organization is a complete joke (which is possible) the decision on Tyrod CAN'T have been made yet. The new head coach MUST have input on his quarterback situation, since it is the most important single position in determining if he succeeds or fails. No coach worth hiring would take the job without this input and the team would be crazy not to give it to him.

Edited by vincec

Unless the Bills organization is a complete joke (which is possible) the decision on Tyrod CAN'T have been made yet. The new head coach MUST have input on his quarterback situation, since it is the most important single position in determining if he succeeds or fails. No coach worth hiring would take the job without this input and the team would be crazy not to give it to him.

They should have canned him after the raiders game. Moving on is an easy decision imo.

Sure it could have been, the GM and/or owner could have not liked what was seen from the QB throughout the year and simply said, he's not that good, he's not worth the money and we are not paying him anything, don't want him on the team. They very easily could have come to that conclusion.

Sure it could have been, the GM and/or owner could have not liked what was seen from the QB throughout the year and simply said, he's not that good, he's not worth the money and we are not paying him anything, don't want him on the team. They very easily could have come to that conclusion.

Then they are a joke. Which would explain a lot of things, but I'm holding out hope that they have a modicum of competence.

I honestly believed this wouldn't happen, and really it hasn't happened yet. Mostly media speculation. But the signs sure point that way. :(

If they are competent*, what they are doing now is making preparations IN CASE they decide to move on. The game is meaningless so why not.

Then they are a joke. Which would explain a lot of things, but I'm holding out hope that they have a modicum of competence.

If they are competent*, what they are doing now is making preparations IN CASE they decide to move on. The game is meaningless so why not.

Why? Because their decisions may differ from yours, a fan? What did Marv Levy say, start listening to the fans......

Edited by old school

Why? Because their decisions may differ from yours, a fan? What Marv Levy say, start listening to the fans......

So you think that the team should make the QB decision without any input from the new head coach? And that is a sign of competence. Nice.

Good luck finding a non-clown to take the position if that's the case.

For the benefit of Tyrod...

The highest Greg Roman's offense has finished in passing attempts is 29th in the league. The highest in yards is 23rd.

However for whatever reason he was in the top 15 in points in 5 of 6 years with a group of limited QBs in Alex Smith, CK, and TT.

It's a strange playbook with probably way too many formations - and not enough of a route tree. We don't run slants, RB screens, Bubble screens, swing routes, wheel routes, drag routes... Everyone says its because Tyrod can't throw them, but neither did Smith or Kapernick. I think a lot of that is attributed to Greg Roman not building them into his passing scheme.

Now Smith plays in an offense that is predicated on legit all of those types of routes, and he's been very successful.

Edited by dneveu

The highest Greg Roman's offense has finished in passing attempts is 29th in the league. The highest in yards is 23rd.

However for whatever reason he was in the top 15 in points in 5 of 6 years with a group of limited QBs in Alex Smith, CK, and TT.

It's a strange playbook with probably way too many formations - and not enough of a route tree. We don't run slants, RB screens, Bubble screens, swing routes, wheel routes, drag routes... Everyone says its because Tyrod can't throw them, but neither did Smith or Kapernick. I think a lot of that is attributed to Greg Roman not building them into his passing scheme.

Keep ragging on Romans offense, even with the #1 rush offense running the ball all the time, the All22 shows there were WR/TE running free and open all over the field every freaking week on the pass plays that were called and the QB for whatever reason didn't even attempt to get them the ball. The failures in the pass game are solely on the QB this year, nobody else. Ranked 31st because he sucks, whole lot of room for improvement at the QB position. Your kidding yourself if you think other wise.

Now Smith plays in an offense that is predicated on legit all of those types of routes, and he's been very successful.

This is a very good take and worth considering.

I agree with this train of thought but it would have to be followed by "we'd be better off with _______ in 2017."

That's what I'm not seeing. I watch a ton of football as do a lot of people here and that guy doesn't exist to me. 2018 is a great QB draft (at least on paper). Watson is a little intriguing to me because I think that he's a gamer. I just don't see an upgrade to the QB position available in 2017.

Interesting take