Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

If you just posted more, you could have saved him! How do you sleep at night?

Clearly, I was not as pathological obsessed with the cause as you and others were.

I also never felt the obsession to post over and over again ... and over again that ANYONE should be fired either on the Stadium Wall or social media.

I may make an exception with Doug Whaley given my suspicion that he threw Rex under the bus with the leaks and with ownership. Nevertheless, I suspect that I could never duplicate the obsession of the Rex Haters. Maybe, I should be thankful for that.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Bedard saying Terry Pegula is basically Jim Haslett Jr. and Whaley is in self preservation mode. Calling it a joke up here and a total disaster. Laughing that Pegula is listening to Whaley about playing Manuel because he drafted him 16th so obviously he is better.

He goes on to say most of the defensive guys in Buffalo are DUMB and just don't get it!!!! Says he would have giving Rex one more year and the fact that Rex was the most successful coach since Wade. Now they are laughing at Kim and Terry meeting with the players behind Rex back, comedy club.

Now harping on Watkins failure, then zero contribution from this years draft class. Pretty damming stuff coming from a Sports Illustrated guy, there is some national perspective.

The rookie class was mostly injured. When playing, they've been just fine. Its a weak argument for support of that overall narrative.

I was all for giving Rex another year, though. Injuries and suspensions to key players this year were damming. Rex also made crucial mistakes, though. I wonder what the third year would've looked like. Will never know.

Greg Bedard saying Terry Pegula is basically Jim Haslett Jr. and Whaley is in self preservation mode. Calling it a joke up here and a total disaster. Laughing that Pegula is listening to Whaley about playing Manuel because he drafted him 16th so obviously he is better.

He goes on to say most of the defensive guys in Buffalo are DUMB and just don't get it!!!! Says he would have giving Rex one more year and the fact that Rex was the most successful coach since Wade. Now they are laughing at Kim and Terry meeting with the players behind Rex back, comedy club.

Now harping on Watkins failure, then zero contribution from this years draft class. Pretty damming stuff coming from a Sports Illustrated guy, there is some national perspective.

I love the Pegulas but they made the wrong decision for a lot of what is said above and which I predicted.

This is not going to play well with future candidates that are desireable or in demand.

To attract anyone in demand that we would really like, Doug Whaley will have influence substantially diminished (ha ha Doug) and Pegulas will have to overpay and assure HC he will get more time than Rex.

I love the Pegulas but they made the wrong decision for a lot of what is said above and which I predicted.

This is not going to play well with future candidates that are desireable or in demand.

To attract anyone in demand that we would really like, Doug Whaley will have influence substantially diminished (ha ha Doug) and Pegulas will have to overpay and assure HC he will get more time than Rex.

It seems like other coaches around the league really like the talent on this team. That's a compliment to the GM.

It makes sense for Whaley to finally go the way of his HC, instead of competing with them.

I don't care that Rex is gone he made many mistakes of his own. I'm concerned about the future workings of the FO and ownership ...in regards to your point about future candidates your missing the obvious...Whaley is going to promote Lynn. Lynn will be a first time head coach and Whaley won't be in immediate danger. If he brought in a qualified guy like Coughlin, Cowher, etc. the HC could cause problems for him. Lynn will be happy just to finally get a HC job.

Like ALynn? Doubt it.

MD talking about jobs being on the line. Thanks for taking half a season off pal. Obviously you didn't feel the urgency after getting paid.

Marcel can actually take some blame on Rex getting fired......imo

I don't care that Rex is gone he made many mistakes of his own. I'm concerned about the future workings of the FO and ownership ...in regards to your point about future candidates your missing the obvious...Whaley is going to promote Lynn. Lynn will be a first time head coach and Whaley won't be in immediate danger. If he brought in a qualified guy like Coughlin, Cowher, etc. the HC could cause problems for him. Lynn will be happy just to finally get a HC job.

I pray to god Coughlin takes that Jax job so all this outside coach stuff can just stop.

Lynn has earned that spot

I pray to god Coughlin takes that Jax job so all this outside coach stuff can just stop.

Lynn is a total unknown he is calling plays from another guys playbook and has a short 14 games doing it. What do you know about Lynn? That the press clippings say he is well respected? I bet 90 percent of Bills fans will being hearing him speak for the first time tomorrow. I have no idea how good of a HC he would/will be but it's foolish to think the best coaching candidate available was just hanging out in this band of misfits.

This is completely and utterly false.

There are 32 of these positions available.

Up and coming Coordinators and coaches who are currently not coaching will chomp at the bit to get into that spot.

Lynn is a total unknown he is calling plays from another guys playbook and has a short 14 games doing it. What do you know about Lynn? That the press clippings say he is well respected? I bet 90 percent of Bills fans will being hearing him speak for the first time tomorrow. I have no idea how good of a HC he would/will be but it's foolish to think the best coaching candidate available was just hanging out in this band of misfits.

Just like Ed Reed was going to have such an impact right John?

The rookie class was mostly injured. When playing, they've been just fine. Its a weak argument for support of that overall narrative.

I was all for giving Rex another year, though. Injuries and suspensions to key players this year were damming. Rex also made crucial mistakes, though. I wonder what the third year would've looked like. Will never know.

Lawson has not played fine. He played only 16 snaps against Miami and looked like crap. He generated no numbers - sacks/pressures/tackles.

Comparing it to Tannebuam in NY, says he likes Doug and had a nice eye for talent while in Pittsburgh but hasn't hit on his big picks in Buffalo. Saying it's easy for Whaley to cozy up to the owners while Rex worked all day long. Saying they need to clear house and that mixing and matching never works, it leaves a door open for the new coach to go behind Whaley now.

A ton of stuff that a bunch of us have said but I found it interesting how harsh he was on the Pegula's and the current state of the FO.

Link? I like Bedard. Is it radio?

As I have said before, Lynn is a person of high character and has worked his way up in the league. He is a guy whom Rex promoted and few people knew who he was when he became OC and many found his promotion controversial.

The fact is, as much as I (and other Bilks fans) may think of Lynn, he is not going to be as in demand or highly thought of as he is here. Being HC of the Bills is probably his best shot.

Late to the party I was on a train back to London from Northern England when the news broke.

This is the right decision. It was a bad hire from day 1 and never made any logical sense.

Personally I am pleased because really disliking and having no faith in the Head Coach of your favourite team is no fun.... but if he had won I'd have cheered as loud as anyone. He didn't and didn't look likely to.

Edited by GunnerBill

This is completely and utterly false.

There are 32 of these positions available.

Up and coming Coordinators and coaches who are currently not coaching will chomp at the bit to get into that spot.

Not if they have a choice or are in demand - unless Pegulas overpay, promise more than two years, and Whaley's role is sorted.