Cujo getting good press

Fixxxer

7. Cyrus Kouandjio, T, Buffalo Bills

Playing left tackle, Cyrus Kouandjio avoided the devastation that was wreaked on the other side by Cameron Wake, but against Miami, he was pretty much flawless. He didn’t allow any QB pressures at all over 46 snaps of pass protection, and his run blocking was excellent, helping the Bills to rack up 272 rushing yards at 5.6 yards per carry.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10-best-players-from-the-weekends-nfl-action/?utm_content=buffer6fabc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's still only 23 so he may not be at his absolute ceiling yet either. A testament to both Aaron Kromer and Cyrus himself. Spent the past two offseasons working with LeCharles Bentley at his academy. You don't pack up and go live somewhere else for weeks during your time off unless you care about getting better at your craft.

He's still only 23 so he may not be at his absolute ceiling yet either. A testament to both Aaron Kromer and Cyrus himself. Spent the past two offseasons working with LeCharles Bentley at his academy. You don't pack up and go live somewhere else for weeks during your time off unless you care about getting better at your craft.

good for him, hope he sticks

Yes. Tells you he has a winning attitude and internal drive to turn himself into a better player. Love that. Hope he becomes a truly great one playing for the Bills. One of the worthwhile things to watch for Sunday.

Glenn wants to get paid again, so he would care!

Better option may be to trade one of them. Could you get a #1 for him? Likely easily could for Glenn, not so sure based on the limited time teams have seen Kujo, but maybe a 2nd? How much would you eat by treading Glenn, is it worth it?

I think next year we put him at LT and move Glenn to RT
Cujo can't play the right side because of his knee. And Glen got paid, so he shouldn't care.

It's why it's dumb to label guys busts so quick. I think linemen (and qbs) take time to develop on the NFL level.

and as many have pointed out, he was 20 when drafted. Young, raw talent. I think they'll figure it out next year, so RT won't need to be a priority in the draft. On the interior, Lewis is another interesting prospect. Now, if they can only solve that little qb issue...

The question is though, will Glenn be a good right tackle? And if he isn't, what then? You still have no right tackle. I think they made a huge mistake in not trying out Kujo (again) at right tackle this year when Glenn was healthy.

It's why it's dumb to label guys busts so quick. I think linemen (and qbs) take time to develop on the NFL level.

And he was two years younger than half of the draft picks. Granted, you don't want to wait two and a half years for your second round pick to start performing well, but he may end up being a very solid player for a few years.

Good teams have depth on the oline. Plus, what would you really get back in a trade for those guys?

A gamble, when we know we have a player in both those guys. How was Groy available? Credit to the players, Kromer and Whaley here.