Mike Francesa dead on when we hired Rex 2 years ago (video)

Estro

Im not basing my opinion on Rex based on the video (even though he IS right about the majority of the points he brought up), but I'm just done with Rex.

I know the whole "you need consistency with same coach to succeed" mentality but the truth is that Rex made this team worse than it was before he got here.

Is the offense better since he got here? I'd say ummmmmm better in certain areas. The running game is definitely AMAZING I'll say that. But how much of that is because of Rex? I'd say not much.

He turned a decent defense into something i can't stand watching. With Rex im more afraid of having the opposing team's offense in a 3rd a 43 (I'm not even exaggerating) situation than say a 3rd and 2. That says alot.

Im just ready to move on. I'm not happy with Tyrod either but if there isn't anyone better than I'd rather him stay. Maybe with a decent QB coach we might see better QB play who knows? I was happy that he threw for over 300 yards with no interceptions against the Dolphins. 1st 300 yard passing game from a Bills QB in God Knows how long.

I also wouldn't mind giving the kid Cardale a shot. He has a big body and is taller and maybe can see wide receivers getting open better than Tyrod does. It will come with growing pains im sure but at least it should be a better passing offense (can't get worse than it already is anyway).

Point is, i don't want Rex for another year and i have a weird feeling that he won't be fired. I hope im wrong.

yea so far the pegulas have done little to calm the fears of Bills fans who feel that we're an inferior organization.

Why?

They promoted Russ Brandon

They are "loyal" to Doug Whaley

They hired Rex Ryan as HC & loved the fact that he wanted Greg Roman to be OC because they were also impressed with Roman during the HC interview. the former lasted 32 games, the latter lasted 18 games. Both got fat contracts, and both will be well paid for years to come to NOT coach the Bills

So far, not so good

Word of advice: Don't let Russ Brandon and his "robust analytics dept", that apparently still allows for hiring coaches that punt on 4th and 2 w/ the season on the line, anywhere near the next HC search.

Thanks for your consideration.

The Pegula's remind me of the Beverly Hillbillies. They are "new" money people. Unlike people who inherited their wealth like Trump, the new money people often remind me of lottery winners. They are gullible and spendthrift, making silly purchases that evaporate their wealth overnight. Pegula outbid the Donald to show he "arrived" and was a player. Trump smartly smirked laughed it off and said Pegula overpaid, and because he spent too much Buffalo would "never be a winner".

By all accounts Pegula is a smart man, but with new de-regulation coming for the fracking industry there could be a boom/bust period in the natural gas industry. With federal lands being opened for development to fracking its possible the new POTUS who is as smart as he is wicked may still harbor a grudge against Pegula.

When we turn to Pegula's spending we can see a cause for concern. So far Pegula has dropped $189 million on the Sabres, $1.4 billion on the Bills, and $102 million to his alma-mater Penn State. He's also splurged developing the harbor center which cost over $180 million.

The Pegula's fell for the salesman Rex Ryan, like they fell for Russ Brandon's council. Want to rebuild a suspect franchise? Start by distancing yourself from company yes men.

Add it all up and Pegula may be just about maxed out his cash reserves. What could hurt Pegula is the "Russ Brandon" effect or the general consensus that many long term fans are growing apathetic to the franchise. Apathy doesn't drive new revenue. This can be evidenced by tracking season ticket churn rate and the half empty stadiums thanks in part to the general concession tickets simply not selling in late season games. When this happened before Brandon was able to get liquidity by pitching the ludicrous idea that Toronto could stabilize the Bills franchise. This was sold as these are late season games that generally fans don't want to attend. I don't recall late season games being much of a problem in the late 80s early 90s.

Brandon is a great marketer, but he looked amateurish in the video series of how the Bills traded up for Sammy Watkins. Brandon's lust for putting PR and marketing above developing a winning culture will almost certainly cost Pegula hundreds of millions of dollars. When Pegula realizes a new stadium is untenable due to declining TV and falling ticket revenue he will be forced to finance a stadium that a post-industrial Buffalo cannot afford.

It can be said that Pegula is a lottery winner simply living a dream he hasn't woke up from. Sadly for us fans we are living a 17 year nightmare.

Edited by Dr.Sack

yea so far the pegulas have done little to calm the fears of Bills fans who feel that we're an inferior organization.

Why?

They promoted Russ Brandon

They are "loyal" to Doug Whaley

They hired Rex Ryan as HC & loved the fact that he wanted Greg Roman to be OC because they were also impressed with Roman during the HC interview. the former lasted 32 games, the latter lasted 18 games. Both got fat contracts, and both will be well paid for years to come to NOT coach the Bills

So far, not so good

Word of advice: Don't let Russ Brandon and his "robust analytics dept", that apparently still allows for hiring coaches that punt on 4th and 2 w/ the season on the line, anywhere near the next HC search.

Thanks for your consideration.

In regards too Brandons "robust analytics dept." that of course is geared towards tracking hot dog and pizza log sales at the stadium.

Estro...i will be the first to say my before they hired Rex i wanted Jackson as HC/Schwartz DC

2nd choice was Roman HC/Schwartz DC...so I did like Roman as well..

I thought Roman was an excellent choice for OC, and when they got him i though Rex at least made a good decision there.

The Pegula's remind me of the Beverly Hillbillies. They are "new" money people. Unlike people who inherited their wealth like Trump, the new money people often remind me of lottery winners. They are gullible and spendthrift, making silly purchases that evaporate their wealth overnight. Pegula outbid the Donald to show he "arrived" and was a player. Trump smartly smirked laughed it off and said Pegula overpaid, and because he spent too much Buffalo would "never be a winner".

By all accounts Pegula is a smart man, but with new de-regulation coming for the fracking industry there could be a boom/bust period in the natural gas industry. With federal lands being opened for development to fracking its possible the new POTUS who is as smart as he is wicked may still harbor a grudge against Pegula.

When we turn to Pegula's spending we can see a cause for concern. So far Pegula has dropped $189 million on the Sabres, $1.4 billion on the Bills, and $102 million to his alma-mater Penn State. He's also splurged developing the harbor center which cost over $180 million.

The Pegula's fell for the salesman Rex Ryan, like they fell for Russ Brandon's council. Want to rebuild a suspect franchise? Start by distancing yourself from company yes men.

Add it all up and Pegula may be just about maxed out his cash reserves. What could hurt Pegula is the "Russ Brandon" effect or the general consensus that many long term fans are growing apathetic to the franchise. Apathy doesn't drive new revenue. This can be evidenced by tracking season ticket churn rate and the half empty stadiums thanks in part to the general concession tickets simply not selling in late season games. When this happened before Brandon was able to get liquidity by pitching the ludicrous idea that Toronto could stabilize the Bills franchise. This was sold as these are late season games that generally fans don't want to attend. I don't recall late season games being much of a problem in the late 80s early 90s.

Brandon is a great marketer, but he looked amateurish in the video series of how the Bills traded up for Sammy Watkins. Brandon's lust for putting PR and marketing above developing a winning culture will almost certainly cost Pegula hundreds of millions of dollars. When Pegula realizes a new stadium is untenable due to declining TV and falling ticket revenue he will be forced to finance a stadium that a post-industrial Buffalo cannot afford.

It can be said that Pegula is a lottery winner simply living a dream he hasn't woke up from. Sadly for us fans we are living a 17 year nightmare.

quick Google search shows terry is worth 4.1 billion. Let's just say 2 billion of that was spent on the bills, sabres, harbor center, and Penn st. He still has 2.1 billion left, so yeah he's almost out.

Who cares what trump said when he was butt hurt after he lost.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

Without Pegula, the Bills don't have a team long-term. And I'm sure he's in no danger of going broke. And he's like every other owner. They have no clue about football and rely on others.

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

The Pegula's remind me of the Beverly Hillbillies. They are "new" money people. Unlike people who inherited their wealth like Trump, the new money people often remind me of lottery winners.

are you sure Mike Francesa didn't remind you?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/mike-francesa-laughs-rex-ryan-10-minutes-bills-call-article-1.2799319

just shows that Pegulas are clueless and got bought by a great salesman.

in the video he seemed high on Bowles but that doesn't look so good now.

No it shows Pegulas used the HC hire to try and change a perception and national optics of the Bills Organization

Same as he did with Sabres

Quick question: Who's filed for bankruptcy protection for several of their businesses, the new money in this scenario or the old money? Who started their business with a $15,000 loan from family and friends and who started theirs with the $1,000,000 their Daddy gave them? Pegula was always going to outbid Trump as he has way more cash on hand to do so. Half of your response is......well.......lacking.

None of this is accurate.

But can tell you voted for Trump

Quick question: Who's filed for bankruptcy protection for several of their businesses, the new money in this scenario or the old money? Who started their business with a $15,000 loan from family and friends and who started theirs with the $1,000,000 their Daddy gave them? Pegula was always going to outbid Trump as he has way more cash on hand to do so. Half of your response is......well.......lacking.

The poster bitches about the Pegulas but is sucked in by the greatest huckster ever.