Goodbye Dan Carpenter!

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when he let go of Hopkins because Carp had one good year it was a huge mistake. Hopkins could have kicked here for 15 years.

Yep. Easy hindsight decision but Carp was stellar early on and was brought in because Hopkins was hurt. And didn't he get hurt the second preseason too? I don't remember.

Although for as many weeks as we've been willing to keep two kickers wemail probably could have kept Hopkins a little longer.

Edited by Big C

im confused, so your ok with the way he plays or think he is good?

He isn't the worst kicker in the NFL this year but missing two in a game this big is a firing offense.

I think when he let go of Hopkins because Carp had one good year it was a huge mistake. Hopkins could have kicked here for 15 years.

Kickers are like pitchers. Hot one season, ice cold the next.

I hope I never see him suit up in a Bills uni again. Sign Gay for next week and cut Carp.

100% agreed

He isn't the worst kicker in the NFL this year but missing two in a game this big is a firing offense.

Hopkins only had 1 real major miss causing the European tiethis year, and we believed enough in him to use a 6th round pick the year before.

I think Rex has ruined Carpenter as well. Carpenter was a very reliable kicker before Rex messed with his head in PRE-SEASON for missing a couple of kicks. Ever since then he looks like he's scared that he's kicking for his job on every single kick. Just get rid of the clown of a coach and the kicker will return to form.

He cost us the game and a shot at the playoffs with the missed field goals and putrid kickoffs. Then tucked his tail between his legs and ran before facing the music.

Being a loser sucks. But being a spineless loser? Go away and never come back.

I couldn't agree more! I'll be disappointed if he's still on the roster come morning!

he could even hit the post, he would look like he's gonna hit it and then miss it wide just as he gets up to it.

I feel bad for Carpenter.

He had 2 outstanding years when he arrived. He should have gone to the Pro Bowl his first year.

I don't know what happened afterwards.

he had one good year after being just as bad as he's been the last 2 years for the dolphins.

I've said it since last year that he is garbage but kept hearing how clutch he was and that he was hurt or Rex messed with him by bringing in others to look at for his job. He is done, and has been for a while. His one good year here was more of a fluke then the norm

Carp is no more inconsistent than the QB and everybody wants to keep the QB and give him a huge raise.

The Bills can win with Carp, they can get to the playoffs with Carp if the defense was better. Carp is good enough, who is out there that is better?

Carp is no more inconsistent than the QB and everybody wants to keep the QB and give him a huge raise.

The Bills can win with Carp, they can get to the playoffs with Carp if the defense was better. Carp is good enough, who is out there that is better?

It's a bit different evaluating a QBs overall game vs a kicker's. A K has two jobs . A) kick the ball through the uprights. B) kick the ball off deep into or thru the end zone . Carp does not do B well at all. He has grown very ,very inconsistent at A). He isn't good enough and there is no strong area to make up for a weaker one. He's not clutch, and his excellent 2014 season gets farther in the rear view every game.