Trump foreign policy

Trump on Twitter tells US Navy to 'shoot down and destroy' Iranian boats that harass US ships

CNN reported last week that the US Navy released video that it says shows Iranian naval vessels repeatedly conducting "dangerous and harassing approaches" toward US Navy warships in the North Arabian Sea and claimed that one Iranian vessel came within 10 yards of colliding with a US ship.

The video of the incident appears to show multiple Iranian-flagged vessels, with men manning guns at the front of those ships, passing in front of a US naval vessel. The guns do not appear to be pointed at the ship, which sounded a horn multiple times as the Iranian vessels approached.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-us-navy-iranian-ships-tweet/index.html

I would agree ,  not sure how to deal with Russian jets that harass US aircraft. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trump on Twitter tells US Navy to 'shoot down and destroy' Iranian boats that harass US ships

CNN reported last week that the US Navy released video that it says shows Iranian naval vessels repeatedly conducting "dangerous and harassing approaches" toward US Navy warships in the North Arabian Sea and claimed that one Iranian vessel came within 10 yards of colliding with a US ship.

The video of the incident appears to show multiple Iranian-flagged vessels, with men manning guns at the front of those ships, passing in front of a US naval vessel. The guns do not appear to be pointed at the ship, which sounded a horn multiple times as the Iranian vessels approached.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-us-navy-iranian-ships-tweet/index.html

I would agree ,  not sure how to deal with Russian jets that harass US aircraft. 

Flip them the bird.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

Lock on to them every time the Russian jets harass them. If they continue to harass them shoot one down. In the future they'll take note when they get locked on to, if they even dare additional harassment. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Lock on to them every time the Russian jets harass them. If they continue to harass them shoot one down. In the future they'll take note when they get locked on to, if they even dare additional harassment. 

The Russians harass unarmed  or anti sub patrol craft. I would agree they should have US fighter jets to defend them from now on.

Edited by ALF

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

The Russians harass unarmed  or anti sub patrol craft. I would agree they should have US fighter jets to defend them from now on.

I know this is naive but what are the Russians goals when they do this?  

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

I know this is naive but what are the Russians goals when they do this?  

Russia is harassing U.S. jets in the Arctic as part of a Putin power play

The Russian president wants to signal that Moscow remains a strategic competitor to Washington and has the ability to attack the U.S. mainland.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/russia-harassing-u-s-jets-arctic-part-putin-power-play-ncna1010781

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

Russia is harassing U.S. jets in the Arctic as part of a Putin power play

The Russian president wants to signal that Moscow remains a strategic competitor to Washington and has the ability to attack the U.S. mainland.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/russia-harassing-u-s-jets-arctic-part-putin-power-play-ncna1010781

Thanks.  I had just read yesterday about this Russian very deep diving sub that burned up there.  Kinda scary how they can knock out communications down there:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/world/europe/russian-submarine-fire-losharik.html  

• Thank you (+1) 1

U.S. Navy warships deployed to South China Sea

The U.S. Navy has deployed two warships to the South China Sea amid elevated tensions between China and Vietnam.

On Tuesday, Navy officials said the USS America and USS Bunker Hill sailed near a Chinese scout ship in disputed waters amid Beijing’s push to increase influence in the area.

This happened after China allocated additional forces to the South China Sea, while the coronavirus has continued to ravage its neighboring countries.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 4

I don't know where to put this..

WHO chief asks President Trump to resume funding

The director general of the World Health Organization (WHO) is pleading with President Trump to renew funding for the organization. On Wednesday, the WHO chief claimed he is doing an important job of keeping the U.S. and its partners safe from global threats to public health.

“I hope the freezing of the funding will be reconsidered,” he added.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 5

@Buffalo_Gal you are in the correct place ..... WHO delayed 3 weeks warning the world of the China weaponized virus which fake news promptly called TrumpOLINI "racist" for blurting out "China virus" the truth how many countries are conducting illegal biowars over 107 years now including USA closing Fort Detrick Antietam Maryland as deniability cover.....Fauci Gallo Melinda &Bill Gates are longtime NAZIs playing the biowars games with WHO playing along finally Lindsey Graham and TrumpOLINI said WHO can pay for their own funerals and PPE .....PLEASE EVERYONE never forget the NFL DRAFT is 2day and the helicopter gunship blew Scott Norwood kick a few feet away to kill our 1st SuperBowl AND WE GOT REVENGE LAST YEAR v Giants racistSKINS and gawdBOYS in Dallas 

Nobody is NAIIVE to ask @bbb why USA fighter jets from NATO Alaska or Thule are pissing off the Russians ..... Iranians are willing to die for their alleged gawd Allah in their territorial waters like David speedboats with sling shots teasing Goliath with destroyers and aircraft carriers 100 feet above their decks martyrs for Mohammed nephew believers.....so TrumpOLINI orders shoot to kill ..... remember PT 109 did not receive a single bullet or Japanese warning shot their Captain just sliced the wood boat in half neatly with their bow stem and left the scene for survivors to swim through burning fuel and debris miles away to island safety

Felony Gronk & nurfboy Tampa Brady are already bragging SuperBowl repeat cheaters.....are ticket holders going to get virus tested 24 hours b4 game day and allowed into stadiums to spit and hollar singing SHOUT inside THE RALPH ?  who gets excited for a hat company  ??? Wilson bought out tickets so fans could watch tv games blacked out if not sold.....damn Jumpin Josh has a top team and the draft will make all positions deeper.....please ALL teams who play BUCs this year helmet nurfboy Brady like cheaters helmeted Josh last year AND FIRE ANY REF who fake flags Cody Ford again 

21 hours ago, ALF said:

This isn't that big of a deal.

It's been going on for years. It's just a way to let them know you know about them.

I've done scores of these intercepts of Soviet bombers and one potentially hostile Iranian one.

The complaint is how the Russians are doing it. 

There is a protocol to approach from the rear, on the side, from 4 or 5 o'clock, or 7 or 8 o'clock, and make your presence known in a non threatening way.

The Russians are intercepting intel gathering airplanes and doing things like flying inverted near them, or "thumping" them.

Thumping is flying under them with a good deal of overtake speed, then pulling up through their projected flight path, resulting in them flying through your wake turbulence and jet wash.

It's a really stupid thing to do.

If they breach the protocols, they invite a weapon response.

As an example, when the two Libyan Migs were shot down by US Navy F-14'a from Kennedy.

If you listen to the audio, the US pilots repeatedly mention the Migs turning into them in a head on intercept. That is to display the clear hostile action, and justify the response.

Splashed Migs

Audio starts at 2 minute mark.

This Iranian revolutionary Guard thing has been going on for years as well, but they are playing with their lives if they keep it up, as these are clearly aggressive and possibly threatening tactics.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't know where to put this..

WHO chief asks President Trump to resume funding

The director general of the World Health Organization (WHO) is pleading with President Trump to renew funding for the organization. On Wednesday, the WHO chief claimed he is doing an important job of keeping the U.S. and its partners safe from global threats to public health.

“I hope the freezing of the funding will be reconsidered,” he added.

</snip>

Guess he shouldn't have prioritized CCP propaganda to 'save face' over "global threats to public health."

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

This isn't that big of a deal.

It's been going on for years. It's just a way to let them know you know about them.

I've done scores of these intercepts of Soviet bombers and one potentially hostile Iranian one.

The complaint is how the Russians are doing it. 

There is a protocol to approach from the rear, on the side, from 4 or 5 o'clock, or 7 or 8 o'clock, and make your presence known in a non threatening way.

The Russians are intercepting intel gathering airplanes and doing things like flying inverted near them, or "thumping" them.

Thumping is flying under them with a good deal of overtake speed, then pulling up through their projected flight path, resulting in them flying through your wake turbulence and jet wash.

It's a really stupid thing to do.

If they breach the protocols, they invite a weapon response.

As an example, when the two Libyan Migs were shot down by US Navy F-14'a from Kennedy.

If you listen to the audio, the US pilots repeatedly mention the Migs turning into them in a head on intercept. That is to display the clear hostile action, and justify the response.

Splashed Migs

Audio starts at 2 minute mark.

This Iranian revolutionary Guard thing has been going on for years as well, but they are playing with their lives if they keep it up, as these are clearly aggressive and possibly threatening tactics.

@sherpa thank you airdale for the TopGun tips for our spy planes near Russian/Soviet assets..... I am one sailor Veteran For Peace here against a dozen gung ho idiots....your honesty and deportment makes you a true patriot.... as for Libya & Persia..... we must jail BILLARY and Obushaobombney for the murder of 50 thousand Libyan women and children with 117 USA submarine launched cruise missiles 2011 and arming Shia invaders to kill popular Suni & Colonel Gaddafi....the left over weapons murdered our gay Ambassador and 4 brave Navy Seals.....installing 2 shahs in Persia has come back to haunt Tony Blair and the BushWALKERwacker crime families 

8 minutes ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

@sherpa thank you airdale for the TopGun tips for our spy planes near Russian/Soviet assets..... I am one sailor Veteran For Peace here against a dozen gung ho idiots....

You have used a single word in your post that leads me to conclude your claim of ex Navy is valid.

The rest of your post........

The point is that if the Iranian Revolutionary Guard continues to behave in a hostile manner that effects navigation in international waters, a Skipper of a US combatant may well decide that such activity is a threat.

He is responsible for his ship and crew, and as an ex sailor, presumably, you would want him to act appropriately. 

6 hours ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

Nobody is NAIIVE to ask @bbb why USA fighter jets from NATO Alaska or Thule are pissing off the Russians ..... Iranians are willing to die for their alleged gawd Allah in their territorial waters like David speedboats with sling shots teasing Goliath with destroyers and aircraft carriers 100 feet above their decks martyrs for Mohammed nephew believers.....so TrumpOLINI orders shoot to kill ..... remember PT 109 did not receive a single bullet or Japanese warning shot their Captain just sliced the wood boat in half neatly with their bow stem and left the scene for survivors to swim through burning fuel and debris miles away to island safety

I have no idea what you're rambling about in the rest of this post, but please enlighten me yourself as to why US jets are pissing off the Russians

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

“We (warn) the Americans that we are fully determined and serious in defending our national security, maritime borders, maritime interests, maritime security and security of our forces at sea and any (wrong) move (by enemies) will meet our decisive, effective and prompt response,” Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami said.

America should take heed from prior experience with Iran, Salami also reportedly said. 

So... they're going to shoot down another civilian airliner after it takes off from the Tehran airport?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did the force of the last plane leaving cause it to sail away now that it does have the weight of all those bombers holding it in place?  :wacko:

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Silly boy, it capsized. 

That's what the air force engineers expertly avoided by not keeping all the planes on 1 side of the island.  They performed a truly remarkable balancing act.  But now that all that weight is gone, there'll be nothing to hold it in place anymore.  Especially if the wind picks up it could get blown half way to Orehon before we know it; and then it won't be good as a bomber base anymore since the planes will all be too far from places in Asia, like Hawaii for instance.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GG said:

In China's pocket, though

C'mon man, he was a minority investor in a deal that owed hundreds of millions in debt to the Bank of China for 2 days, 4 years before he ran for President! How much more evidence of corruption does anyone need?

• Haha (+1) 1