Trump foreign policy

On 3/5/2020 at 9:06 AM, B-Man said:

Nothing bad to say about the Saudis, though, huh? Trump’s foreign policy is not only a failure, it’s deeply immoral. 

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

source.gif

Is that a Taliban man clapping, because they sure are happy 

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...respect us elders.......I can send Uncle Nunzio over to "convince" you.......he targets knees.....for starters...............

I'm in the fading sunlight of the decade known as "the fifties".  I wanted the young kids to think I was still hip and cool. I failed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Looks like Trump's buddy is trying to stab him in the back

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/10/business/russia-us-shale-oil-putin-opec/index.html

New York (CNN Business)Vladimir Putin knows America's fragile oil industry is built on a mountain of debt. So when Saudi Arabia called for production cuts to mitigate oversupply, Putin decided to pounce.

Russia shocked the world last week by blowing up its shaky alliance with OPEC. Moscow's refusal to join with the cartel is aimed in part at drowning US shale oil companies that rely on higher prices in a sea of cheap crude.
Putin's goal is to wrest market share back from American frackers, whose debt-fueled growth caused Russia to lose its title in 2018 as the world's largest oil producer.
Crude is now so cheap that many US shale companies will be forced to cut production. Bankruptcy fears are already rippling through the oil patch, sending the SPDR S&P Oil & Gas ETF (XOP) to its lowest price on record going back to 2006.
The energy meltdown threatens to cause a repeat of the 2014-2016 oil crash that bankrupted dozens of American oil and gas companies and caused hundreds of thousands of layoffs. Although the industry survived, the experience proved to be very painful.

"Russia sees US shale as particularly vulnerable at the moment," said Ryan Fitzmaurice, energy strategist at Rabobank. "It is our view that Russia was targeting debt-laden US shale producers."

Russia can't win in an economic war with the U.S. They can only cause disruptions but we'll crush them as we did the Soviet Union in the 80's. Do they really think they'll beat us by keeping their own prices low? Hell, gas & oil is their economy and that economy is the size of Texas. As long as we have a strong leader who knows a little about negotiations and playing the right cards at the right time we'll be alright. If we end up with Bernie the Communist or Joe who gets lost in his own home, it'll be a problem. 

• Like (+1) 3

SecState Pompeo Confronts UN Secretary General Guterres on UN Blacklist

by Joseph Klein

Original Article

Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo met on March 6th with United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres at UN headquarters in New York. Secretary Pompeo took the opportunity to condemn the UN’s highly biased pro-Palestinian decision to release its blacklist of companies doing business with Israeli firms operating in disputed areas of the West Bank and East Jerusalem, which includes several U.S. companies. According to the State Department’s readout of the meeting, Secretary Pompeo “reiterated his outrage at the decision by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet to publish a database of companies operating in Israeli-controlled territories.”

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/10/2020 at 12:37 PM, Tiberius said:

So his move to send Troops to Saudi Arabia just to see them start an oil war, hurting our oil industry, was a good idea? 

@Tiberius so we agree USA war criminals in White House since ReaGUN 1982 have been borrowing 23 trillion dollars for illegal wars in 160 countries ?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ bad idea polluter oil war crime profiteering bankster zionism..... most people here don't agree with you or me Pocahontas Bernie slick Willie BILLARY Kerry Cheney bushwackers ObushaObombney & TrumpOLINI are all murderous thugs NEVER telling the truth about USA genocide & TERRORISM 

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Pompeo = BILLARY = ExxonMobil all murderous thugs and Iran has nukes to deter zionist invaders AGAIN

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That sounds promising.

It does. I had to read it twice because my first instinct was to disregard it since he's just Amb to Germany... but not anymore. As acting DNI that's a pretty damning statement. Something has to be coming from the international community about it all. Sounds like China won't be happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It does. I had to read it twice because my first instinct was to disregard it since he's just Amb to Germany... but not anymore. As acting DNI that's a pretty damning statement. Something has to be coming from the international community about it all. Sounds like China won't be happy.

Interesting back and forth between he and Michael McFaul, former ambassador to Russia under Obama. Grennel suggests sharing the details of China’s shenanigans directly with the people, McFaul says it’s imperative to lock down any information and keep it from the people.  Gee, what a shock that an Obama appointee wants secrecy to be the order of the day. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Interesting back and forth between he and Michael McFaul, former ambassador to Russia under Obama. Grennel suggests sharing the details of China’s shenanigans directly with the people, McFaul says it’s imperative to lock down any information and keep it from the people.  Gee, what a shock that an Obama appointee wants secrecy to be the order of the day. 

Thanks for the heads up on that exchange. I would have missed it.

Tossing it below:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"President Trump has sent a letter to North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, expressing his willingness to help the North battle the coronavirus, North Korea said on Sunday."

"'I would like to extend sincere gratitude to the U.S. president for sending his invariable faith to the Chairman,' said Kim Yo-jong, the North Korean leader’s sister and policy aide.... Ms. Kim lauded Mr. Trump’s decision to write the letter as 'a good judgment and proper action.' In the letter, Mr. Trump 'wished the family of the Chairman and our people well-being,' Ms. Kim said, referring to his brother by one of his official titles. According to Ms. Kim, Mr. Trump also explained his plan to move relations between the two countries forward and 'expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work, saying that he was impressed by the efforts made by the Chairman to defend his people from the serious threat of the epidemic.'"

The NYT reports.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 3/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, Tiberius said:

Has Trump dared to criticize his election manager Vlad yet over flooding the market? Or has he threatened to remove the Saudi bodyguards (our troops) from the Kingdom for this? 

Dont hold hold your breath 

@Tiberius you make me laugh ...keep pissing on TrumpOLINI for his war crimes and trillion dollar bribes he gives to his co-billionaires.... join the WWW.HOWIEHAWKINS.US bandwagon for real drainage of the blueRED redBLUE duopoly swamp