Trump foreign policy

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Something is up, but what?  So many choices: Iran, Venezuela, Huawei... place your bets.  

He told the press pool traveling with them they won't be able to disclose or report from whatever country they're headed to now...

Sounds like something is definitely up -- or they just wanted to embarrass Merkel (unlikely). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trump administration forces China to sell the Port of Long Beach

The Trump Administration's Department of Homeland Security has forced China's state-owned Cosco* to sell the Port of Long Beach over security concerns.

China's Cosco Shipping Holdings, which bought out its 75 percent–owned Hong Kong–based Orient Overseas International (OOCL), was forced to sell its Port of Long Beach Container Terminal ownership to Macquarie Infrastructure Partners for $1.78 billion.

</snip>

This from the comments:

The headline is a little misleading.  COSCO doesn't own the Port of Long Beach which is an enormous operation.  COSCO has a container terminal in one section of the port.   This goes back to the Clinton years.  When the former Long Beach Naval Station and Shipyard was being closed, China wanted it and Bill Clinton was all for selling or leasing it to them.  Saner heads prevailed and the deal didn't go through.  The property eventually did become a gargantuan container port, but COSCO had to settle for much less pier space, and being just another tenant in the Port of Long Beach.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump administration forces China to sell the Port of Long Beach

The Trump Administration's Department of Homeland Security has forced China's state-owned Cosco* to sell the Port of Long Beach over security concerns.

China's Cosco Shipping Holdings, which bought out its 75 percent–owned Hong Kong–based Orient Overseas International (OOCL), was forced to sell its Port of Long Beach Container Terminal ownership to Macquarie Infrastructure Partners for $1.78 billion.

</snip>

I'm ashamed to admit I had no idea they owned it. 

That (could) explain a lot of the activity around the port the past year.

So we all agree Trump just flat out lied when he said North Korea was de-nuclearizing, right? 

Rocket Man! 

American leadership has been hurt by Trump kissing up to murderous dictators and his insults of allies. 

Can you imagine Joe Biden debating this ass-clown Trump? No way  is Trump man enough to actually show up. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So we all agree Trump just flat out lied when he said North Korea was de-nuclearizing, right? 

Rocket Man! 

American leadership has been hurt by Trump kissing up to murderous dictators and his insults of allies. 

Can you imagine Joe Biden debating this ass-clown Trump? No way  is Trump man enough to actually show up. 

Your leftist masters must be in a very foul mood this morning for you to be spouting nonsense.  Biden can't even remember simple information at this point.  Biden has been a part of the DC mess for 50 years so it will be a simple matter for Trump to drown Biden with Biden's connection to all of it.  

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your leftist masters must be in a very foul mood this morning for you to be spouting nonsense.  Biden can't even remember simple information at this point.  Biden has been a part of the DC mess for 50 years so it will be a simple matter for Trump to drown Biden with Biden's connection to all of it.  

Yes, Biden can actually talk like an intelligent adult. 

Trump sounds like a vapid, spoiled little child. In other words, he speaks to you very well. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, Biden can actually talk like an intelligent adult. 

Trump sounds like a vapid, spoiled little child. In other words, he speaks to you very well. 

Lol, creepy joe biden? He's a joke.

27 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hmm.. just tweeted out now, could have been this? 

Unlikely.  This news hit overnight and I don't see national security implications of 2 journalists released in Myanmar affecting a meeting with Merkel.

This is when we miss Paul, when we'd have a heads up about a plot well ahead of the news.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Unlikely.  This news hit overnight and I don't see national security implications of 2 journalists released in Myanmar affecting a meeting with Merkel.

This is when we miss Paul, when we'd have a heads up about a plot well ahead of the news.

:beer: I missed that last night. 

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm ashamed to admit I had no idea they owned it. 

That (could) explain a lot of the activity around the port the past year.

I'm not sure they knew either.

I've been looking in to that for the past 15 minutes, and my God is that control byzantine.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Take it from one who knows. Don't feed stray cats. As far as a Trump/Biden debate one must understand the broad depth of knowledge Biden has. Just the other day he told us about a recent conversation with Marie Antoinette regarding Trump.

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Feature or a bug?

From all I've read over the years about international shipping (not a whole lot, but the fact that I've read anything about international shipping is weird enough)...well, it's what my team calls "bugtionality."  A bug that's existed for so long that it has become desired functionality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Worse the Hillary yet? 

Hillary was able to hide her senility via the media shield.  Is the media willing to do the same thing this time around?  Will we see a virtual Biden for television at the debates and have Trump plus his supporters tagged as liars when they see the truth in person?

36 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Hillary was able to hide her senility via the media shield.  Is the media willing to do the same thing this time around?  Will we see a virtual Biden for television at the debates and have Trump plus his supporters tagged as liars when they see the truth in person?

senility, day drinking, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

From all I've read over the years about international shipping (not a whole lot, but the fact that I've read anything about international shipping is weird enough)...well, it's what my team calls "bugtionality."  A bug that's existed for so long that it has become desired functionality.

very interesting topic. I am at a conference for Sr leaders of engineering companies in the US( , and, and man, older and whiter and male(r) you will never see at any conference. Anyways, they had this dude in from Northup doing a session on Civil Engineering in the future..really interesting topic will post at length about later.

One of the areas he discussed is Arctic sea routes are opening up. As he said , you can debate the reasons, but the first container ship from China to the US just made it through the Arctic 2 months ago. He went on about the all implications of that, but one was that China owns most of the coastline of Greenland....and this presents all kind of issues for the US...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46386867

just found it interesting as hell...lots of other cool stuff too will post in next day or so when i 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1