Trump foreign policy

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not Trump who has the strategy. It's the people around him. 

Who are these people that are taking down the establishment and giving the country back to the people? Do you have links or is this inside info from your talks with people? Stephen Miller thought spraying on fake hair was a good strategy, please tell me he’s not one of them.

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

A list made for myopic dipschiffs. Seems right that you posted it.

Damn, I know Trump is the first president ever to have turnover in his cabinet and all, but let's just take a step back from the ledge.

Mattis resigned in protest over the total f up that is our foreign policy, but you don't care, you love Big Brother Trump. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Mattis resigned in protest over the total f up that is our foreign policy, but you don't care, you love Big Brother Trump. 

Yeah, our disastrous foreign policy. I can't believe we let Trump invade or attack 7 countries like Obama!

I'm amazed that we have survived Trump starting WW3, WW4, and WW5! I mean, isn't that what you dipschiff liberals were crying 2 years ago? That Trump was a warmonger who surrounded himself by generals? That he was going to get us into wars?

Of course, you were also the dipschiffs who cried about sending troops to foreign countries. Now you're crying that he's bringing them home because Orange Man Bad.

TDS is an endless source of hilarity.

6 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, our disastrous foreign policy. I can't believe we let Trump invade or attack 7 countries like Obama!

I'm amazed that we have survived Trump starting WW3, WW4, and WW5! I mean, isn't that what you dipschiff liberals were crying 2 years ago? That Trump was a warmonger who surrounded himself by generals? That he was going to get us into wars?

Of course, you were also the dipschiffs who cried about sending troops to foreign countries. Now you're crying that he's bringing them home because Orange Man Bad.

The ME is a bi-partisan f-up. Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama (Clinton) doesn't matter.  The perfect example of this war party is Bill Kristol, who is now a regular on MSNBC, that so-called liberal channel.  Not when it comes to war...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think back to the campaign where during one of the debates Trump committed Republican heresy for railing against the Iraq War and saying 9/11 happened under GW's watch after Jeb says his brother's policies made this country safe.  The audience booed and Trump's poll numbers and primary victories increased.  With the midterms over and Republicans getting crushed in the House, I think Trump's instinct is to go back to the policies that won him the nomination in order to win reelection which is an isolationist foreign policy position.  To hell with the consequences as it's not our problem as long as we increase border security. 

The various comments about how the decision to withdraw troops from Syria and Afghanistan makes our country less safe and another 9/11 is coming by Graham (takes donations from defense contractors), Rubio, etc. was the same line of thinking that got us into Iraq in the first place.  Not to mention the Patriot Act.  Maybe I'm giving Trump too much credit, but I think he realizes his reelection chances hinge on him still being considered a pragmatic outsider who wants to dispel the idea the notion that he's part of the Republican establishment.

Saying that ISIS is defeated is akin to someone else calling them the JV team.

Nature abhors a vacuum, and the hasty exit from Syria could have the same repercussions to the untimely withdrawal from Iraq.  History has proven that America ends up paying much more in lives and money when isolationist policies take precedence.  It's too simplistic to think that the US foreign engagements are done solely to prop up the military industrial complex.

Fact is whenever the US withdraws from world affairs, hundreds of thousands of innocents die.  Nature abhors a vacuum, and more often than not, the global vacuum is filled by bad actors.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Mattis resignation was pretty clear, Trump is backing away, and has no interest in keeping the alliances with other free nations. 

If you have a Trump cry baby grip, let's hear your complaint about Mattis. 

We learned in the 1930's that the best way to stop a war is to be strong and involved. Not like Trumptards, ignorant and adversarial with allies. 

Not to mention sucking on Putin. 

13 minutes ago, TPS said:

The ME is a bi-partisan f-up. Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama (Clinton) doesn't matter.  The perfect example of this war party is Bill Kristol, who is now a regular on MSNBC, that so-called liberal channel.  Not when it comes to war...

Uniparty cabal. Same team, different jerseys. They're the ones being shown the door and the chaos it's causing has resulted in progressives and leftists embracing the neocon intellegensia because orange man bad. 

If they stepped back and took an honest look at what is transporting, they'd see there's a pragmatist, not an ideologue, in office. 

14 minutes ago, GG said:

Nature abhors a vacuum, and the hasty exit from Syria could have the same repercussions to the untimely withdrawal from Iraq.  History has proven that America ends up paying much more in lives and money when isolationist policies take precedence.  It's too simplistic to think that the US foreign engagements are done solely to prop up the military industrial complex.

Fact is whenever the US withdraws from world affairs, hundreds of thousands of innocents die.  Nature abhors a vacuum, and more often than not, the global vacuum is filled by bad actors.

Pulling 2000 troops (who weren't the tip of the spear) is not withdrawing from world affairs. The fight continues, just smarter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

I'm not saying it's the right policy.  He does what's most political advantageous to him.  He saw Obama pull troops out of Iraq (obviously in a much less chaotic way) after a similar whooping in the Midterms and get reelected.  

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Uniparty cabal. Same team, different jerseys. They're the ones being shown the door and the chaos it's causing has resulted in progressives and leftists embracing the neocon intellegensia because orange man bad. 

If they stepped back and took an honest look at what is transporting, they'd see there's a pragmatist, not an ideologue, in office. 

Pulling 2000 troops (who weren't the tip of the spear) is not withdrawing from world affairs. The fight continues, just smarter. 

You must not follow true leftist who are criticizing those criticizing the withdrawal. 

2 hours ago, TPS said:

You must not follow true leftist who are criticizing those criticizing the withdrawal. 

I have only heard progressives lately bawl about the decision... After supporting it when it was Sanders platform. 

Its like you said, there isn't a true left and right, there's the uniparty and everyone else. The hatred of POTUS has blinded otherwise sane and intelligent left leaning or centrist folks to embrace the neocon and neoliberal sect without a second thought.

Frum and Kristol are now heroes on the left. As was W when he spoke out against 45. As was Cheney when he did the same. 

TDS is bad for the system. 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I have only heard progressives lately bawl about the decision... After supporting it when it was Sanders platform. 

Its like you said, there isn't a true left and right, there's the uniparty and everyone else. The hatred of POTUS has blinded otherwise sane and intelligent left leaning or centrist folks to embrace the neocon and neoliberal sect without a second thought.

Frum and Kristol are now heroes on the left. As was W when he spoke out against 45. As was Cheney when he did the same. 

TDS is bad for the system. 

Greenwood and Aaron Mate are two lefties I follow that are criticizing those on the left who are critical of the Syria decision. Reps Lieu and Khanna have supported it. That said, there are more who can't get past that it's Trump.

frum and kristol are not heroes of the left.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, TPS said:

Greenwood and Aaron Mate are two lefties I follow that are criticizing those on the left who are critical of the Syria decision. Reps Lieu and Khanna have supported it. That said, there are more who can't get past that it's Trump.

frum and kristol are not heroes of the left.

:beer:

I disagree with the last sentence based on the time they get now on MSNBC and in ink in otherwise left leaning sources. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1077253411358326785

MBS is the answer to a lot of problems in the region in terms of our foreign policy. That's why he was a threat to the military industrial complex and has been framed as an enemy. 

He's not our enemy. He's the enemy of the MiC and the establishment class in both DC and the ME. 

Looks like our air force is aging, falling behind and is in need help. Pretty good article--though not comprehensive.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-us-air-force-is-headed-for-a-crash-too-many-old-planes-not-enough-cash?ref=home

Barring some radical shift in the cost of new technology, future administrations could face a difficult choice. Either boost Air Force budgets to Cold War levels or higher, or shrink the flying branch to an affordable size.

“Growing the force is going to compete directly with modernizing the force,” Todd Harrison, an analyst with the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C., told Breaking Defense, a trade publication

And it’s going to cost. The CBO projected that, if the Air Force replaced each old plane with a single new one possessing similar capabilities, the branch’s budget for new aircraft would have to rise from around $10 billion in 2018 to $15 billion in the mid- to late 2020s, and to $26 billion in 2033. All figures are in 2018 dollars.

It’s a price worth paying, Deptula said. “The only thing more expensive than a first-rate Air Force is a second-rate Air Force.” Deptula pointed out that all major U.S. military operations depend on the Air Force controlling the sky.

Without fighters providing top cover, cargo planes shuttling in supplies and surveillance aircraft keeping tabs on enemy forces, U.S. troops could find themselves out-gunned, underfed and blind, especially in high-intensity combat with a sophisticated enemy possessing its own powerful air force.

“The Air Force has been significantly underfunded for over two decades,” Deptula added. “Unless this trend is reversed, the U.S. military can expect to suffer significant losses in the next major regional conflict, and risk loss altogether.”

Tax cuts, health care or a modern military? :cry:

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Looks like our air force is aging, falling behind and is in need help. Pretty good article--though not comprehensive.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-us-air-force-is-headed-for-a-crash-too-many-old-planes-not-enough-cash?ref=home

Tax cuts, health care or a modern military? :cry:

That decline is the result of the past two administrations (purposely) neglecting the military (while waging multiple wars). 

Trump secured the largest military budgetary increase in decades to fix that neglect. That money is already allocated and secured, regardless of tax cuts. 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That decline is the result of the past two administrations (purposely) neglecting the military (while waging multiple wars). 

Trump secured the largest military budgetary increase in decades to fix that neglect. That money is already allocated and secured, regardless of tax cuts. 

Three administrations, actually, and the Congresses that were with them. I just hope the money is spent wisely for modern, forward looking purposes.

Taxes will have to go back up as well

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

This is from the original NYT article about this that I've already posted in the Trump/Media thread:

"The Times did not find documentation to help corroborate the family's account, who described themselves as Democrats who dislike Trump, and Elysa Braunstein was unsure whether her father ever examined Donald Trump."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

This is from the original NYT article about this that I've already posted in the Trump/Media thread:

"The Times did not find documentation to help corroborate the family's account, who described themselves as Democrats who dislike Trump, and Elysa Braunstein was unsure whether her father ever examined Donald Trump."

The man was an athlete in high school. COME ON........all of a sudden he cant do man things?

Did you Trump people know that? The Don was a gifted baseball player. 

"Bone spurs" has always been a privilege of the American wealthy during times of war. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The man was an athlete in high school. COME ON........all of a sudden he cant do man things?

Did you Trump people know that? The Don was a gifted baseball player. 

"Bone spurs" has always been a privilege of the American wealthy during times of war. 

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

And that's whats sad about you. You don't care if the current Commander in Chief is a draft dodger. You don't care if the man in charge of troops is a draft dodger.

I know. I get it. 

No.

Obviously you do not.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

Obviously you do not.

No, I do. Trumpers do not care about honor and integrity. I understand. They don't care if they put a man in charge of soldiers who wouldn't share a foxhole with them. I completely understand. I don't respect it, but I get it. 

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

No, I do. Trumpers do not care about honor and integrity. I understand. They don't care if they put a man in charge of soldiers who wouldn't share a foxhole with them. I completely understand. I don't respect it, but I get it. 

As a military man, would you rather a former service member who talks bad about the military, does not fund them properly, and puts them unnecessarily in harms way... 

Or a draft dodger who lauds and supports the military with nearly every public statement, funds them more so than any recent administration, pulls them out of perma war, and gives them their first pay raise in a decade?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is motel Williams the one that had the single hit in the 90s or the TV Springer wanna be?  

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The talking point seems to be "he was shamed into it".  SMH They really are a buncha sheep. 

• Like (+1) 1