PFW: Tom Coughlin the favorite to replace Rex Ryan

FluffHead

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this! I think a dose of Coughlin's discipline would certainly help. We still take dumb penalties, have people running on the field late, and people making the same mistakes over and over. I have a feeling he may want Jacksonville though, doesn't he live there? And, I wonder if Anthony Lynn would be retained.

His track record speaks for itself. My only concern with ANY new coach is that it's been shown to take 3 years to get the personnel to run the kind of team the new coach(es) want to run. That would make 2 decades and running of no payoffs..

How about we try that with our current coach?

I'd rather see him in as a senior VP of football operations, directly advising the Pegulas. Kick Russ out and put Coughlin in.

Marv was 71 when he left the team, Coughlin is now 70. He is an ideal candidate to change the culture of the team, but he's too old to shoulder the day-to-day duties of being a HC.

Damn he looks old

I would like to see someone come in and tell RR that he needs to hire a real DC and manage the overall team philosophy.....someone that will match strengths of team with this defense

And someone who will not look to tear apart our offense but give an "outside view" to see if they really think a change at QB needs to happen......someone that will say "there needs to be some competition here"

I just wonder who Coughlin would bring along as DC/OC? The staff selection after the hire would be the most interesting thing for me.

If look at recent history I'd guess he might select Perry Fewell (or maybe not if he doesn't want to return here) as DC and Danny Langsdorf as OC.

How about we round out this senior staff with Gunther Cunningham as D.C and Tom Moore as OC?

Gunther worked with Schwartz in Detroit, I know you said it in gest but I might honestly consider it.