Watch, Elway will find a QB

Coach Tuesday

In terms of QB he is better than ours.

It is nice that we get garbage time points and run up points in bad football teams

There is so much disinformation in this thread but I'm going to pick on you:

I have dispelled the garbage time points myth already. Every team scores points at the end of games. The Bills are 7-7 the 9th ranked team in points scored. Of the teams above them New Orleans and Sand Diego have worse records and the Colts have the same record. So do you discount their points scored to or only the Bills because it is the Bills? "garbage time points" is a terrible thing to use to discount ppg unless you go through and set some barometer (that would be arbitrarily yours) and apply it to all teams in the league.

Now for no-majBobby errors:

Elway tried to resign Osweiller to the tune of $16 million a year. He didn't "recognize that Brock was no good" as some of you are stating. He lost a bidding war. He set a limit on how much Brock was worth to the team and didn't go higher. Kind of like what Whaley did with Byrd.

The Bills have a first round pick, 4th round pick, and FA signing on their roster as a QB. The Broncos have a 1st rounder, 7th rounder, and a FA signing. It appears the Bills have more resources dedicated to finding a QB. Add in that Whaley has signed or traded for a bunch of QBs since taking over and the idea that he is sitting back is false. Many here that are spewing that "fact" are saying throw some stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Whaley has done exactly that.

Elway didn't draft 2 qbs this last year. Simien is from the previous years class.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, okay. :doh: Not even close when considering pass protection. They left side of the line is decent (still better at running than pass protection). The right side of the line flat out sucks. Top 5-10 my ass. healthy or not.

You must not watch the rest of the NFL. Tyrod has as much time as any qb not on Dallas. He holds the ball way too long and will often run into sacks because he lacks pocket presence.

[quote name="section122" post="4169405" timestamp="1482168263

Elway didn't draft 2 qbs this last year. Simien is from the previous years class.

Good point, I also like to add Simien for a 7th round pick with just 1 year of being in the system, has played rather well.

Siemian actually isn't that bad.

I can say he has more 300 yards games than out game manager

Yet he has the same number of wins behind a defense that is at least one order of magnitude better than the Bills. And all his 300 yard games have yielded only 21 ppg (21st in the NFL), 2 more passing TDs (to go with 2 more ints) and zero rushing TDs (TT has 6).

You "TT doesn't have 300 yard passing games" guys would be somewhat tolerable if that stat had any importance, but it doesn't.

I like our game manager over the Broncos kid.

In other words the same things the Bills have been doing for a long time. Trying different guys, but they just didn't work out.

I do think there's a good shot they get Romo as Dallas will likely give Romo the choice of where he'd want to go. Of all teams looking for a QB, Denver is closest to winning a SB so would guess that may be his first choice. And saw how it worked with Manning.

He tried. He drafted two (including one with his first pick, something the Bills have never done as a franchise). He also tried to re-sign Osweiler at a reasonable rate but the Texans handed him a ridiculous contract.

Yeah because Denver is not "a real" organization. Get a grip, some Bills fans are really delusional. They have made the super bowl the last 2 out 3 years & actually won it once. I know a foreign concept to Bills Nation. They look they are not going to make it this year but I wouldn't count out Elway having them once again at the top of the pecking order in the AFC next year. Whaley ^ company will have the Bills fighting with the Jets for their spot in the basement in the AFC East once again.

So because Peyton Manning decided to go there that made them a real organization? The 6 seasons before Manning decided to play there they averaged less than .500. And now that he's gone they are right back to mediocre. Elway isn't some great GM.

I actually like the Broncos but give me a break with this "real" organization crap. They're just like most franchises: if you're lucky and get a stud qb you will win and if you don't have one you won't.

Watch and see.

CoT'ers attack Simien. Lol.

Simien would be cash money here with McCoy and TD Mike setting him up on easy street.

Statement doesn't apply vs good teams or 4th qtrs/clutch moments though right ? Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yeah, okay. :doh: Not even close when considering pass protection. They left side of the line is decent (still better at running than pass protection). The right side of the line flat out sucks. Top 5-10 my ass. healthy or not.

You can't lead the league in rushing yardage and yards per carry for two straight seasons and "suck."

Denver will get B O back at a bargain now that he has come down to earth. Then coach him up. That Elway is a shifty bastard. Probably set this up with Brock last year. Hey Brock you want the money and a ring? Play ball with me here...........

If you want to see how a real organization behaves - watch what John Elway does this offseason. I'll put my chips on the table that he goes out and finds a solid QB to leverage his historically great defense while their window to win stays open. He won't be content to hand the keys to Lynch or Siemian (though notice he drafted two last year, one first and one last). Be it Romo or Biridgewater or someone else, I'm guessing Elway recognizes you need a QB to win games and does what it takes to find one.

Wish Whaley would take the same approach...

Agree on Elway finding a QB.

If you want to see how a real organization behaves - watch what John Elway does this offseason. I'll put my chips on the table that he goes out and finds a solid QB to leverage his historically great defense while their window to win stays open. He won't be content to hand the keys to Lynch or Siemian (though notice he drafted two last year, one first and one last). Be it Romo or Biridgewater or someone else, I'm guessing Elway recognizes you need a QB to win games and does what it takes to find one.

+ 1000

Absolutely freaking BINGO!!

Bills and other people don't want to ever take a QB, or wait and see, or something else: Elway will go out and get someone, and if they aren't IT, move on quickly.

:thumbsup:

You can't lead the league in rushing yardage and yards per carry for two straight seasons and "suck."

Thought I pretty clearly specified it was the pass protection that is not good. 2 different things.

You can be decent at run blocking and weak in pass protection - example = the right side of the Buffalo Bills offensive line.

Yet he has the same number of wins behind a defense that is at least one order of magnitude better than the Bills. And all his 300 yard games have yielded only 21 ppg (21st in the NFL), 2 more passing TDs (to go with 2 more ints) and zero rushing TDs (TT has 6).

You "TT doesn't have 300 yard passing games" guys would be somewhat tolerable if that stat had any importance, but it doesn't.

Really, except when he's not. See Oakland.

I think he goes after Romo but I think he really like Trevor.