Russ Brandon Attends Monday Morning Football Meetings

Fadingpain

Ok whatever I'm bored exchanging posts with you and MNF is starting.

Have a good night!

How convenient.

It sucks to be confronted by actual facts in the face of a less than fully informed rant.

This is the truth.

Stop watching, stop buying, stop going if it bothers you.

It's that simple, really.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I happy abot things no, but smart enough to know the problem isn't RB. The problem like many other teams in this league is they haven't found a QB. And has been pointed out to you they'd spent plenty of resources trying, but just like many other teams ,most of the choices haven't worked out.

Should be intolerable to you and Bills fans everywhere, but as noted earlier, a lot don't seem to mind the suckage.

Are you addressing Ed or Me?

It was a wonderful post a while back by someone I usually disagreed with. I can't think of the name right now.

But, damn was he right.

Said Marrone was a survivor. Cold, cruel and calculated. Used these traits to make up for other shortcomings.

Self-preservation was key. I didn't ever really rate Marrone, but it made me think about him differently.

Tough to think some of the guys currently might be in the same boat. There's only going to be more leaks going forward as everyone begins to dig in. It's be interesting for sure.

How convenient.

It sucks to be confronted by actual facts in the face of a less than fully informed rant.

It's that simple, really.

Thanks for those, BTW.

Though as we all know, fake news is way more fun...

Nuance escapes you.

And this was a *literal* LOL :beer:

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of the week's GAME.

Why in the hell is he in there?

Bulldog went on to mention he has known Russ a long time and Russ has told him a lot of things in confidence and he appreciates that.

He stressed that Russ has said many times in private and publicly that he is not involved in football matters.

Bulldog's point was that he is, in fact, involved in football matters.

The significance of this is that this organization has a marketing wonk being involved in the inner football hierarchy.

That's F-ed up.

Nothing shocking or surprising here. Brandon is the one constant for the 17 years of suck with the Bills. Yet he's made of teflon. It defies logic yet it's the truth. He ain't going nowhere. Either are the Bills.

Russ Brandon also attends those Bilderberg meetings under a volcano on a desert island where everybody wears goat masks and has a giant orgy before they sacrifice a virgin to their satanic lizard god. I wouldn't worry too much about the Monday morning before Tuesday afternoon football meeting for jerks.

Settle down there bill burr

Well, it does burst the bubble of the absolutists that maintain Russ Brandon has never had any input whatsoever to the football side of the business. Obviously, he has had input and continues to be part of the brain trust.

And, of course, claims that he is making all the decisions are equally ridiculous.

... more importantly, can the Patriots fumble a few more kicks?!

You act like you believe the coaching staff or the front office listens to Brandon's opinions on football matters. Ive been in meetings where a guy, in over his head, gives his opinion on something hes not qualified to and everybody just moves forward as if he didnt say a thing. Afterwards, you might share a private chuckle about it and thats the end of it.

Now imagine that guy is your boss. He hired you and just might fire you some day and then be in charge of hiring your replacement.

That's the scary part and that's the entire point

I really don't get why anyone is surprised that Russ attends these meetings. First of all, Terry and Kim almost certainly decide who attends (owners generally select attendees).

Second, Russ is the President of the organization. Shame on him if he didn't want to attend.

The leaders of good organizations meet regularly to share information and stay aligned.

If Russ started telling Rex who to start or how to game-plan, I'd be worried. But there's no evidence of that.

In fact, Rex just said today, "I have the final say on who's out there or whatever."

Edited by hondo in seattle

During Rex Ryan's weekly 5pm segment with Schopp and Bulldog, he mentioned that he always talks to Terry Pegula on Sundays after the game.

He then mentioned that he also has a Monday morning meeting with Doug, Terry, often Kim (in person or via phone) AND RUSS BRANDON.

The purpose of the meetings is to discuss the game in detail.

Fast forward to 5:50pm or so Buffalo time. Bulldog mentioned that in his opinion, Rex may well have mentioned Russ by name in reference to the meetings as a way of deflecting blame or letting the public know what he is up against on the inside.

Not sure this is correct, but it was one of the more interesting moments today.

But Russ has NO INVOLVEMENT in football operations, yeah right. He should be business only or he should get canned too

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of the week's GAME.

Why in the hell is he in there?

Bulldog went on to mention he has known Russ a long time and Russ has told him a lot of things in confidence and he appreciates that.

He stressed that Russ has said many times in private and publicly that he is not involved in football matters.

Bulldog's point was that he is, in fact, involved in football matters.

The significance of this is that this organization has a marketing wonk being involved in the inner football hierarchy.

That's F-ed up.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Russ needs to go too, time t clean house!!!