Blame Runs Deep - Excellent Article By Tim Graham

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Contrary to the opinion of alot in here we do not by any means have a talented roster. Our roster reflects or record which at best is mediocre. I know it is easier to believe we are a simple coaching change away from playoffs but we are not. Like an Alcoholic we need to hit rock bottom as a franchise and accept what we are before the healing can begin. The Pegs need to clear cut this thing and be the only 2 standing on Jan 3rd. Then and only then can the healing begin. Oh and in todays NFL with the parity we can be a playoff team in a couple years so dont thing burning it to the ground means another 10 years.

Bills fans have been overrating Whaley's roster going on 3 years now.

it always amuses me when fans admiringly refer to brandon as a marketing genius. basically, it's as if they're saying, "this guy is so smart he's managed to fool us all into thinking that this garbage product they put on the field year after year is actually entertainment."

my love/hate affair with the bills started well before him and will continue well after he's failed upwards into the league offices.

Edited by Dirtbag

Keep Brandon completely out of the HC hiring process.

The scope of his involvement, history, and standing within the organization precludes that from being viable.

The guy is participating in weekly Monday morning football meetings and God knows what else.

He needs to be shown the door. Let him run the Sabres or get rid of him in that capacity too.

Edited by Fadingpain

it always amuses me when fans admiringly refer to brandon as a marketing genius. basically, it's as if they're saying, "this guy is so smart he's managed to fool us all into thinking that this garbage product they put on the field year after year is actually entertainment."

my love/hate with the bills started well before him and will continue well after he's failed upwards into the league offices.

Good one

Wasnt Marrone Brandons neighbor or something? Maybe that is why he gave him that sweet out clause cause it certainly wasnt because he had muliple offers to be a NFL head coach.

I never understood that either. A middling college coach from a mediocre program getting his first crack at the NFL should be begging for anything he gets.

Whats scary is that the Pegulas transition into ownership made the EXACT same mistakes with the Sabres as they have now with the Bills.

I really don't have confidence in them as owners.

I don't like idea of czars either but the Bills are such an incompetent organization, it probably is the right course of action.

Totally agree. I'll have confidence in them as owners once I have reason to be. Sometimes I honestly worry that they have their hands in too many things right now. I dislike like the czar idea as well, but with the Pegula's inexperience it may be the best.

Pegula values Brandon's opinion and it's costing them big time.

Yes but Pegula has shown an ability to learn from mistakes and change his approach with the Sabres.

Perhaps he starting to see through Russ' bull **** screen.

One can dream.

Both franchises have a lot in common. Time for somebody to wake the f up

Why anyone would assume the Pegulas have a clue about running a sports franchise is beyond me. It is completely different than the fracking business. One reason you have so many lousy sports franchises is that most are owned by rich know-it-alls who don't find good football/baseball/hockey minds to run their companies. The fact the Pegulas were snookered by a clownish buffoon like Ryan is that they really have no clue what it takes to put together a good football team. It's all very sad.

Some of us have had this same opinion of Brandon that Tim Graham has and every time we voice it the same few people come out to shoot it down. I've come to the conclusion that either they are on Brandon's payroll or have friends that are... or what better way for a marketing man to control the fan base, but with disinformation.

Dunno how many of you know this poster but he is a known insider at OBD who has have insight into many of the workings in the Bills FO! Somehow the guy is made of Teflon and he supposedly hasn't had a voice in anything.

Leroi,

"Russ has a big part in scouting and the draft process. He is definetly involved.

The guy is a sports genius, we are lucky to have him as the president of Buffalo sports.

Remember he was our GM not that long ago.

Imo "

Even if you don't believe Tim graham, Leroi or others that have said they know of Brandon's involvement in football decisions. He was in the Bills cut room meetings on the phone to free agents! He is involved on the football side.

Russ Brandon was the one who convinced these new owners that they had the needed football acumen to know who to pick as their head coach. "they would know who to hire after they spoke with all the candidates"

Edited by Nihilarian

I must admit this article was very well written and arguably the most comprehensive and detailed description of the past 20 years of Buffalo Bills futility. This article depressed me more than any of the losses during the Ryan era. Yet Tim Graham I believe is correct. The whole thing needs to be torched. Even if he does burn it all down, does Pegula have the real brains to run an NFL team? Hire a true experienced NFL man to be GM and stay the hell out of his way!

Larry Bartoszek Jr is tweeting that Coughlin is in Bufflao till Wedneday.

Seems to come across as being in the know.

Any credible sources that can confirm this or it just fan hearsay?

Doesn't he work for the league in a capacity that has him visiting teams

From some of your comments I'm starting to think the pegulas running a sports franchise is like trump running our country: They know NOT what they are doing and they both have a habit of surrounding themselves with questionable people

From some of your comments I'm starting to think the pegulas running a sports franchise is like trump running our country: They know NOT what they are doing and they both have a habit of surrounding themselves with questionable people

Time for Pegs to drain the swamp and make the Bills great again!

It's not the Pegulas' fault, it's Brandon.

It's not Brandon's fault, it's Whaley's.

It's not Whaley's fault, it's Rex's.

It's not Rex's fault, it's the players.

It's not the whole team, it's the defense.

It's not the whole defense, it's the secondary.

It's not the secondary, it's the safeties.

It's not all the safeties, it's Jonathan Meeks.

It's not Jonathan Meeks, it's the coaching.

It's not the coaching, it's the guy who hired the coach.

It's not the guy who hired the coach, it's the guy who hired the guy who hired the coach.

It's not the guy who hired the coach who hired the coach, it's......

(jumps off a bridge)