Tom Melton on Tyrod Taylor. Perfect analysis.

stevestojan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was probably posted 400 times. Delete this post if that is the case. But this guy's draft analysis of TT is perfect:

https://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/tyrod-taylor-qb-virgina-tech-scouting-report/

hmm. wow. interesting. issue is, can he improve on his weaknesses... let's see how he does with some home cookin' last 4 games and go from there. dont' judge until its time to judge.. that would be January.. see ya then bitc-es

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

hmm. wow. interesting. issue is, can he improve on his weaknesses... let's see how he does with some home cookin' last 4 games and go from there. dont' judge until its time to judge.. that would be January.. see ya then bitc-es

You know what I find interesting? People are incredibly willing to give this guy time. No one around here ever gives QBs time

These positives are no longer true, if they ever were:

"His accuracy has come a long way on other throws as well, plus he has shown more willingness to scan the field, step up in the pocket to buy more time to find a throwing lane, and his decision making has really matured thanks to his vast amount of starting experience. His pocket poise has developed a lot and overall he is a much more fundamentally sound player now that he has been starting for so long."

This was probably posted 400 times. Delete this post if that is the case. But this guy's draft analysis of TT is perfect:

https://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/tyrod-taylor-qb-virgina-tech-scouting-report/

I hadn't seen this before. Surprisingly accurate/prescient.

These positives are no longer true, if they ever were:

"His accuracy has come a long way on other throws as well, plus he has shown more willingness to scan the field, step up in the pocket to buy more time to find a throwing lane, and his decision making has really matured thanks to his vast amount of starting experience. His pocket poise has developed a lot and overall he is a much more fundamentally sound player now that he has been starting for so long."

You got to keep reading the con section to put those positives in their right perspective. The guy nails TT.

On the topic of elusivity......TT is the fastest QB I have ever seen, and I have seen Mike Vick. His elusivity would be even better if he made the move to run a little quicker. the run is often there, and when he gets caught it many times because he is looking downfield to long. Bills had another guy with the physical skils like TT...Rob Johnson about 15 years ago....he held on WAY to long....TT just way to long sometimes.

his first instinct is still to run when he is in trouble, not to step up to find a throwing lane and deliver the ball downfield. His instincts tell him to scramble, hold onto the ball longer than he should and to try to either get outside the pocket to improvise or to run and pick up yardage with his feet.

This here sums up the whole problem.

You know what I find interesting? People are incredibly willing to give this guy time. No one around here ever gives QBs time

It's cuz they know what ej brings to the table (which is nothing) and since Cardale is #3 on the depth chart, nobody wants Tyrod benched for EJ. Simple really.

On the topic of elusivity......TT is the fastest QB I have ever seen, and I have seen Mike Vick. His elusivity would be even better if he made the move to run a little quicker. the run is often there, and when he gets caught it many times because he is looking downfield to long. Bills had another guy with the physical skils like TT...Rob Johnson about 15 years ago....he held on WAY to long....TT just way to long sometimes.

Taylor does not possess the same speed or elusiveness that Vick did. Vick could get the corner and turn upfield and get another 10-15 yards. Taylor can get to the sideline and maybe get the first down, but that's it. Vick runs circles around Taylor in speed and quickness and overall QB skills.

This guy did nail Taylor.