Taylor showing frustration to Buffalo media

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame him for that, even though I don't think he's "the guy" I don't question this man's work ethic, effort, and commitment to the game. Dealing with the media should be the last thing he needs to worry about right now.

I agree with the first part of your sentence, but not the last part. As a starting QB for 1 of only 32 franchises in the world, I think it is his job to deal with the media. He is well paid to play a game, win or lose. And in his game performance, he is either part of the problem or part of the solution, whether he likes it or not.

Most athletes when called upon to describe their shortcomings will grow a set of nuts and critique themselves in front of the media and their fans. A lot of these same athletes will acknowledge their poor performance and they usually vow to not let it happen again and you know they are sincere and serious competitors when they use the words; "The next time". Those particular athletes are sometimes referred to, as heroes, both here in this country and abroad. But not: It's not my fault Mr. Taylor.

I agree with the first part of your sentence, but not the last part. As a starting QB for 1 of only 32 franchises in the world, I think it is his job to deal with the media. He is well paid to play a game, win or lose. And in his game performance, he is either part of the problem or part of the solution, whether he likes it or not.

Most athletes when called upon to describe their shortcomings will grow a set of nuts and critique themselves in front of the media and their fans. A lot of these same athletes will acknowledge their poor performance and they usually vow to not let it happen again and you know they are sincere and serious competitors when they use the words; "The next time". Those particular athletes are sometimes referred to, as heroes, both here in this country and abroad. But not: It's not my fault Mr. Taylor.

Wtf are you talking about? When did he say "it's not my fault"? And no, its not all his fault anyway.

From that article it appears he was getting frustrated about the line of questioning pertaining to his option being picked up next season, and how he wanted to talk about Pittsburgh. Is he wrong for that?

His contract being picked up is not even in his direct control.

Edited by bobobonators

Wtf are you talking about? When did he say "it's not my fault"? And no, its not all his fault anyway.

From that article it appears he was getting frustrated about the line of questioning pertaining to his option being picked up next season, and how he wanted to talk about Pittsburgh. Is he wrong for that?

His contract being picked up is not even in his direct control.

I thought TT handled the press perfectly well. It would have been ridiculous for him to discuss his contract or answer those dumb questions which were thinly veiled publicity stunts.

I thought TT handled the press perfectly well. It would have been ridiculous for him to discuss his contract or answer those dumb questions which were thinly veiled publicity stunts.

And if you were Tyrod right now, wouldn't you be kicking yourself (and your agent) just a little because you went for less guaranteed money in exchange for a huge option payout - an option that it's looking increasingly unlikely the team will exercise?

I took notice of Tyrod's extremely thin skin several times in pressers these last 2 seasons. It appears he thinks he's much better than he is. I've noticed a few times he'll put down the people asking the question by acting like they don't know football and he does. I think with each passing game he plays he looks more foolish taking that stance because it's becoming obvious to everyone with 2 eyes that he's a totally flawed QB. Perhaps it's his own frustration, knowing he's not getting the job done, boiling over, but he comes across real childish and insecure when he acts like a brat like that.

I'm at the point with Tyrod right now that I'd actually be very disappointed if he's on our team next year. I know what he is, and I know no playoffs with him is a certainty.....so to plop down $27.5M in cash next year for that, would be the definition of asinine.

how many teams do you think he could start for?

I've actually been thinking of this in the context of what teams would be willing to pay him....

I don't think any team, after extensive film study of his game, would give him more than $15M per season, and I think even that amount would be too much. I think most of the league wouldn't even consider him because of how poorly he played this season coupled with his unorthodox (can't sit and run an offense in a pocket) playing style. That would leave only a handful of teams and I can't see anyone wanting to commit more than $15M guaranteed to a player with so many holes in his game.

That's what makes the Bills decision to pay him $27.5M in cash next year that much easier, IMO. If you have a player that every other team in the league wouldn't pay half what you are getting ready to pay him, what should you do? Pretty simple, you cut him.

That brings up the next interesting question: If the Bills do cut him or decide he's not getting the $27.5M in '17 are they able to rework the deal to a number they think is fair, or does Tyrod get upset and want to be cut?

I took notice of Tyrod's extremely thin skin several times in pressers these last 2 seasons. It appears he thinks he's much better than he is. I've noticed a few times he'll put down the people asking the question by acting like they don't know football and he does. I think with each passing game he plays he looks more foolish taking that stance because it's becoming obvious to everyone with 2 eyes that he's a totally flawed QB. Perhaps it's his own frustration, knowing he's not getting the job done, boiling over, but he comes across real childish and insecure when he acts like a brat like that.

I'm at the point with Tyrod right now that I'd actually be very disappointed if he's on our team next year. I know what he is, and I know no playoffs with him is a certainty.....so to plop down $27.5M in cash next year for that, would be the definition of asinine.

I've actually been thinking of this in the context of what teams would be willing to pay him....

I don't think any team, after extensive film study of his game, would give him more than $15M per season, and I think even that amount would be too much. I think most of the league wouldn't even consider him because of how poorly he played this season coupled with his unorthodox (can't sit and run an offense in a pocket) playing style. That would leave only a handful of teams and I can't see anyone wanting to commit more than $15M guaranteed to a player with so many holes in his game.

That's what makes the Bills decision to pay him $27.5M in cash next year that much easier, IMO. If you have a player that every other team in the league wouldn't pay half what you are getting ready to pay him, what should you do? Pretty simple, you cut him.

That brings up the next interesting question: If the Bills do cut him or decide he's not getting the $27.5M in '17 are they able to rework the deal to a number they think is fair, or does Tyrod get upset and want to be cut?

Please provide examples of what you're talking about. Until today I had not heard a negative thing about TT and his interviews.

And if you were Tyrod right now, wouldn't you be kicking yourself (and your agent) just a little because you went for less guaranteed money in exchange for a huge option payout - an option that it's looking increasingly unlikely the team will exercise?

Excuse me? He got a $6MM+ raise this year and will cash in when he's a free agent next year, with the added bonus of leaving this black hole of football.

Excuse me? He got a $6MM+ raise this year and will cash in when he's a free agent next year, with the added bonus of leaving this black hole of football.

Yes if we don't retain Tyrod, someone out there is going to pay this guy. There's going to be a bunch of QBs floating around like Tyrod, Kaepernick.

I could see a guy like Brees, Brady, or Palmer retire. Soon these older QBs will retire. The Bills need to think strategically and have a 5 year plan to be ready to dominate the AFC East.

Edited by Dr.Sack

Now he's even bailing out early in press interviews.

We have a winner

You act like he's going to be anything more than a backup.