Coping thread # 6,537,221

26TrapDraw

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When It gets to the point that games like this ruin your day it's time to walk away. I'm supposed to get a tree to decorate with my family and I want to drive my truck off a cliff instead. I've been a fan for 28 years and I have to call it quits. It's not fair to my family and it's unhealthy. Met a lot of good people here you guys keep fighting the good fight. Peace.

Okay, buh bye.

I've said "I'm done" so many times during the drought that they've become empty words.

Like the OP, I know it's not fair to my family for me to ruin Sundays by being grumpy after a loss. There are better things to do than watch another disappointing Bills defeat.

So, occasionally, I'll skip a week or two when my frustration reaches a certain level.

But then I'll glue myself to the TV set again, with a plate of Buffalo wings and my jersey on.

Even though I turned off the TV yesterday before the last second ticked off the game clock, I didn't bother announcing I was done this time because no one would believe me anymore.

I've said "I'm done" so many times during the drought that they've become empty words.

Like the OP, I know it's not fair to my family for me to ruin Sundays by being grumpy after a loss. There are better things to do than watch another disappointing Bills defeat.

So, occasionally, I'll skip a week or two when my frustration reaches a certain level.

But then I'll glue myself to the TV set again, with a plate of Buffalo wings and my jersey on.

Even though I turned off the TV yesterday before the last second ticked off the game clock, I didn't bother announcing I was done this time because no one would believe me anymore.

I told my wife yesterday that I'm taking a year off. After the season, I'm packing all of my Bills gear up, placing in a box, and I'm not watching next year. It's a trial period. If I like it, I won't come back. Too many Sundays have been lost.

After I told her that, she asked when I was going to renew the Sunday Ticket....She didn't even flinch. It's frustrating, but one year....It's going to pay off.

This team is flat out not good enough. I've been a supporter, and I continue to believe that you give them a chance to succeed. The chance has come and gone IMO.

Tyrod has missed too many receivers, and you can't win that way.

The defense can't slow down a good QB enough to win 3rd down, win the red zone, protect leads or come up with big stops after the offense scores and maintain momentum.

The kicking game lets us down when we need it.

The medical staff, for whatever reason, can't seem to get it done.

And, most of all the coaching staff, can't get it done

I also question whether our President doesn't have too much say in how the organization is run.

They lost me yesterday.

Edited by The Thurmanator

The eye opener for me was when I realized the players themselves don't take it so hard.

Tell that to Scott Norwood.

Every time someone says "I'm done" it's an indication they're not done, as they still care enough to think being "done" is a big deal.

I wasn't done until I stopped saying "I'm done."

I used to be the same way pal. I would sit 2 feet from the screen and live for every play. I learned to not take something so serious that I have zero control over. Life is way to short and family to important to be any other way. Enjoy it for what it is just a game and give your wife and kids a hug because those are the things that matter. P.S I also became a NASCAR fan and root for Jimmie Johnson the guy always wins lol. 7X CHAMP BABY WOOOOOOO!!!

Edited by TYROD1QB

Tell that to Scott Norwood.

Every time someone says "I'm done" it's an indication they're not done, as they still care enough to think being "done" is a big deal.

I wasn't done until I stopped saying "I'm done."

Same here. I've been "done" with the Bills about a dozen times since my first game at the old Rockpile c. 1970. And sometimes I really do stay away, showing only casual interest (kind of like how I follow NCAA football) for years at a time. The late 70s are a gap for me (Joe Ferguson and, uhh, who?). There was a time in the post-Kelly/pre-Flutie 90s that are kind of the same. There's the time I think Gregg Williams may have been the coach, but I'm not too sure. The name "Kelly Holcomb" comes to mind somewhere in there. But I keep coming back. But the days of throwing my arms up in disgust and shouting "I'm done" are over. It's more like canceling Sunday Ticket, getting outdoors more in the fall (there's almost never been a reason for Bills fans to watch in winter) and finding the whole decades of futility kind of amusing in a weird way. After all, why get so wrapped up in a buck of guys with a Buffalo on their helmets, only one of whom actually ever lived in Buffalo before he had to. Take a step back and fandom is a pretty ridiculous thing. Hey, I hear Cubs fans were once like this ... Edited by The Frankish Reich

When It gets to the point that games like this ruin your day it's time to walk away. I'm supposed to get a tree to decorate with my family and I want to drive my truck off a cliff instead. I've been a fan for 28 years and I have to call it quits. It's not fair to my family and it's unhealthy. Met a lot of good people here you guys keep fighting the good fight. Peace.

Glad you got your head on straight and came back this morning around 10.

Piss and moan for an hour then move on.

It's a GAME.

I just told my girlfriend about this post. She gave me a slight, concerned smile and said, "Poor guy." My thing is that I know your pain brother.

I want to take this opportunity to say once again that imo, Bills Fans are the greatest fans of any team in any sport. I am a life long Crimson Tide Fan. I rooted for the Tide before the Bills. The worst thing that can happen this year is that they finish 3rd or 4th. Anybody can do that. Bills Fans are SO loyal that we have to be careful to not be torn apart by our team. It sounds crazy but I think it applies to many people.

The fans on this board are the best and most loyal that I have ever seen anywhere, In addition, they are as funny as it gets and many are intellectuals as well. There are actually posters here who could do a far better job than our current general manager. And most important of all, as a group, posters here a group of caring, wonderful people. Get sick and you too will see this.

So to the OP.....it will get better. It has to and I'm sorry it takes so painfully long. And to my friends on this board.....Hold your heads high! You really are a collective group of really cool, good people.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say... Thank God for the Crimson Tide. My wife and I both went to UA, met in 92 during that championship season. They are everything that our Bills arent, from a talent and coaching perspective. Watching them beat Florida like a red headed stepchild was great, and i'm not all that worried about Washington. OSU, on the other hand, :unsure:

I don't know why we took our foot off the gas up 24, but we came out with that flat wildcat look, even though first down passing was killing them all game to that point

The Pats do not and that is why they get accused of running up the score and also the reason they don't really have teams come back on them.

Just wanted to say... Thank God for the Crimson Tide. My wife and I both went to UA, met in 92 during that championship season. They are everything that our Bills arent, from a talent and coaching perspective. Watching them beat Florida like a red headed stepchild was great, and i'm not all that worried about Washington. OSU, on the other hand, :unsure:

No they are not but they are the best on their level of competition. We would beat them 100-0

All kidding aside, I am not going to be as passionate until Rex leaves because I know it won't get better till then. So, I am taking a slight mental break for 0.5 or 1.5 seasons. I will still watch and cheer, but, no more mental self-abuse. No hoping, just observing the team.

The Pats do not and that is why they get accused of running up the score and also the reason they don't really have teams come back on them.

No they are not but they are the best on their level of competition. We would beat them 100-0

Im not sure I implied that Alabama would beat any NFL team, i highly doubt that any college team could do that. MY point was and is that Alabama is a well run organization, Buffalo is not. Buffalo, as a team, has zero heart. They're not overcoming even the slightest hurdle.