We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Without Tyrod Taylor, we wouldn't have won 6 fu$&ing games this year! Not six! These other guys just aren't ready. And I read in here about Tyrod Taylor being OVERRATED?! Most bull schitt thing I've heard in 30 years!

Seriously...people bitching about Tyrod should take a little stroll down memory lane and think about who we've had under center between Bledsoe and TT.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will pick up Tyrod's option, I just believe that it will be restructured to where next year's cap hit is not $27,000,000. Tyrod will work with them because they worked with him to give him a raise this year. My guess is they will get his cap number between 18-20 mill so they have more flexibility in FA.

His hit will be 19.5 as it is. 17 + 2.5 bonus.

Without Tyrod Taylor, we wouldn't have won 6 fu$&ing games this year! Not six! These other guys just aren't ready. And I read in here about Tyrod Taylor being OVERRATED?! Most bull schitt thing I've heard in 30 years!

Seriously...people bitching about Tyrod should take a little stroll down memory lane and think about who we've had under center between Bledsoe and TT.

Don't you get it? There are like five posters who lump Taylor in with those QB's since Bledsoe and, not coincidentally, all of them believe "Manuel got screwed" and is still a better QB than Taylor as we sit here in December of 2016. They'll never get over it. They harp on the poor performances and disappear after the good ones. They cite the YPG put never acknowledge the rushing prowess or the lack of turnovers or the WINNING or when they do, they mock the starting QB he won against. They are a rare breed who spend countless hours every day bashing the starting QB of a team they supposedly root for on a message board for said team. I don't get it. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Don't you get it? There are like five posters who lump Taylor in with those QB's since Bledsoe and, not coincidentally, all of them believe "Manuel got screwed" and is still a better QB than Taylor as we sit here in December of 2016. They'll never get over it. They harp on the poor performances and disappear after the good ones. They cite the YPG put never acknowledge the rushing prowess or the lack of turnovers or the WINNING or when they do, they mock the starting QB he won against. They are a rare breed who spend countless hours every day bashing the starting QB of a team they supposedly root for on a message board for said team. I don't get it.

You'll get it when we are 8-8 for the next 2 years and TT still can't find the wr standing alone in the end zone.

Carry on with your emotional meltdown, EJ Manuel is so relevant to this discussion. Must lash out!

You're mad because you know it too. It's okay. 6 games left, lot of story left to be written.

Tyrod isn't good enough, thank god Nugent can't kick.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

And again I ask, What does the Bills past ineptitude at QB have to do with how good Taylor is compared to the rest of the NFL?

Where was your voice when the pats were blowing us out and Tyrod was pooping his pants ? Take the Trump talk to PPP bruh Draft and pray works for me. Romo would be the dream scenario really. Trubisky/Watson/Rudolph could get us 166 yards passing too

McCoy is the engine. Qb can be replaced easily.

Romo is 100, always injured and will be expensive, no thanks

I'm all for taking a shot in the draft too - while keeping Tyrod. We have plenty of resources to keep him and draft/groom a QB. Let them compete...if you are so sure one of those rookies can beat out Tyrod then why are you so against keeping Tyrod and drafting one? The money??? Please

And sure a rookie can get us 166 yards passing a game, but can he contribute in the running game? Can he be as effective as Tyrod in the red zone? Will he pass for 250 yards but also throw three INTs a game? There are things Tyrod does that you can't ignore (well, you and others do) that have helped this team win. Again, I do not think Tyrod is gods gift to QBs, I just realize he doesn't provide some benefits that fits our team and is currently the best option going forward

Romo is 100, always injured and will be expensive, no thanks

I'm all for taking a shot in the draft too - while keeping Tyrod. We have plenty of resources to keep him and draft/groom a QB. Let them compete...if you are so sure one of those rookies can beat out Tyrod then why are you so against keeping Tyrod and drafting one? The money??? Please

And sure a rookie can get us 166 yards passing a game, but can he contribute in the running game? Can he be as effective as Tyrod in the red zone? Will he pass for 250 yards but also throw three INTs a game? There are things Tyrod does that you can't ignore (well, you and others do) that have helped this team win. Again, I do not think Tyrod is gods gift to QBs, I just realize he doesn't provide some benefits that fits our team and is currently the best option going forward

I'd prefer just starting the rookie, unless Tyrod blows up down the stretch.

And again I ask, What does the Bills past ineptitude at QB have to do with how good Taylor is compared to the rest of the NFL?

I think most people would agree, Tyrod's the best we've had in a long while.

But like you, I also think he's not good enough to put the team on his back. Thankfully we have a strong run game. Unfortunately our defense is pretty middle of the road, but hopefully they finish strong this year.

Jimmy B, is that you??? :lol:

#1 - the going rate for QB will be pushing $25 mil/yr...(carr, cousins, luck, romo, flacco, palmer, ryan , Stafford)

#2 - tyrod's deal averages about $17 mil/yr cap hit which would make him the 20th highest paid qb in 2017.

#3 - his contract is team friendly with very low dead money after every single season.

#4 - keep tyrod until you are absolutely sure you have someone better already on team. don't cut him and go hoping, wishing.

#5 - get healthy (wr, rb, c), upgrade RT, add a WR and watch TT return to alternate pro bowl level.

I think that you touch on all of the reasons here. I don't even think that it's being debated at OBD. I always put in the disclaimer, it doesn't mean that he is perfect. It means that there is virtually no chance that you could upgrade the position this offseason and there would be a TON of risk in trying.

IMO, they should always be looking to upgrade every position, if they are not then they are not doing their job. If they are able to do it then they should do it. I don't think it is real hard to replace 150 yards passing and 1 passing TD per game.

I think most people would agree, Tyrod's the best we've had in a long while.

But like you, I also think he's not good enough to put the team on his back. Thankfully we have a strong run game. Unfortunately our defense is pretty middle of the road, but hopefully they finish strong this year.

I'm not disputing that. Just because he is the best we have had in a while does not make him a great NFL QB in 2016.

For me he is well below average in terms of QB metrics.

But a great athlete who makes plays with his feet.

I'd prefer just starting the rookie, unless Tyrod blows up down the stretch.

And THAT is a huge reason this team has not made the playoffs in 80 years (along with the patriot dynasty)

Having no plan at the most important position in sports is stupid, throwing unprepared rookies into the fire is stupid, having no backup plan at the position is stupid - all of which the bills have been trying since Kelly....finally we have something at the position that is producing wins with his play (running, not creating turnovers, hitting big plays when he actually has WRs to throw to) and people just an to jettison him to KEEP DOING what has kept us unsuccessful as a football team for 17 years

And THAT is a huge reason this team has not made the playoffs in 80 years (along with the patriot dynasty)

Having no plan at the most important position in sports is stupid, throwing unprepared rookies into the fire is stupid, having no backup plan at the position is stupid - all of which the bills have been trying since Kelly....finally we have something at the position that is producing wins with his play (running, not creating turnovers, hitting big plays when he actually has WRs to throw to) and people just an to jettison him to KEEP DOING what has kept us unsuccessful as a football team for 17 years

I don't see how the sub 200 yard kid helps with that.

Dak, wentz, Simien would all fare better without all the seasoning.

I want him back, But not at that #.. And here is why. Their is no market for TT.if we didn't pick up the option how many teams would be interested? What would he sign for? How many years? The only teams interested in TT would have to have a very strong running game (very few teams). A great defence(again few teams). And he would have to fit the offence (very due teams). This is just like the Fits deal last year. Fits wanted market value but there was no market. He would of signed for 6mill instead of 12mill of he dodnt threaten retirement. If a 5 year $60 million deal would get it done on the open market, thats where we should be around. I don't care that he would be low on the qb $$ list . we should pay him what he is worth. And if he walkes we can take the $$ and franchise Gilmore, get a saftey, RT, and a dope WR with the money. Plus the draft...whoever we get to play QB (draft, Jones) will have a top NFL roster to work with. I like TT, but if signing him means the roster takes a step back we won't win. Sign him to a far market value deal or let him walk. He has positives to his game....but Also huge legit concernes.

Edited by Franchiseneedsme