We Should Pick Up the Option on Tyrod No Matter What

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: #Bills coach Rex Ryan has been Tyrod Taylor's biggest supporter, but won't commit to him for next season http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/05/rex-ryan-refuses-commit-tyrod-taylor-starter-next-season/

The headline is fake news. If you read the article and the quotes from Rex you'll see he said nothing of the kind.

Good click bait though Jay.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Browns QB (Kessler?), Mariota, Bortles, Osweiler, Broncos QB (Lynch), Bradford, Cutler, Goff, 49ers QB (Kaepernick) are not as good as Taylor. I'd take him over Carson Palmer and Wentz also. He deserves to be paid top 20 but no better...

Wow, the CoT really is a disease. This is comical, you obviously have no idea how bad TT is.

They win in spite of TT not because of him.

They win because our real MVP cant be stopped. LeSean McCoy has carried this offense. Its so obvious.

Wentz is booty man, he had a couple good games early this year and now the book is out, blitz him and he crumbles (just like college) and panics, throws INTs or throws right into the ground....no thanks at all

I'd rather have EJ than wentz

Lucky for you... we do lol Edited by Agent 91

Not drafting a QB, ex the Manuel disaster, over the past decade has come back to bite this team in the A$$. The only question to me is, does your QB give you a chance to beat winning teams, win playoff games and win a Superbowl. So far, there is no evidence Tyrod can do that. So we pay him $27 mil? That's ludicrous. But they will end up doing it, because they will blame the injuries on receivers for his lost production. There really is no other option, I get it. But I would rather draft 2 QBs next year and go with the better one. There are several rookie QBs starting right now, and they all have better stats than Tyrod. In yards per attempt, which many argue is the most important stat for a QB, he's near the bottom of the league. I don't dislike the guy. I just wish he were better, bigger and could see down the field and fire the ball to open guys. We'll see Sunday if they can beat a winning team. My guess is no.

I like the way you think. And the reasons you displayed are why I want nothing to do with him anymore. There is ZERO evidence that he can become even an average QB over a sustainef time frame. People who actually pay attention to me know i bash him. BUT on my commute to work i heard he had 100+ yds IN THE FIRST QTR which means we were driving. Driving well. I have prayed for him to give me a qtr like that and I knew/well expected a standout game from him. Maybe finally 300 yds a few tds. Their secondary is TERRIBLE! then to find out about all the failed drives seeing goodwin pissed in the back of the endzone seeing sammy dejected. I have no faith. Whats next Sammy's "hurt" for the rest of the year. Lesean is the new scapegoat because he feels defeated? This is no tyrod crusade but i struggle to see "all he does for us". He runs, we have 2 guys who are at the top of their game doing that. We have charles clay and sammy. One should be a high reception guy atleast. We have options out there. Tyrod decides to create pressure by holding the ball to time increments that could measured with a sun dial. He isnt even a one read and go guy. He has gotten some injured he overthrows stuff he shouldnt. What the heck am i missing. He can run. But has nothing coming out of his right shoulder. My friends its time. Tyrod has won us enough games that we cmant replace him but as long as he isnbehind center we wont have a shot at winning let alone getting to the one game that matters

So he would basically have the same production as Drew Brees playing without Sammy Watkins for 8 games?

To extrapolate it out, simply plugging Romo into the Bills offense would have produced a 5,090 yard season and roughly 40 TDs? In other words the 6th highest single season yardage total in NFL history and a top 11 all-time single season TD total. That is what we should have expected if Romo was our QB and Watkins missed half of the season?

Whoa yeahbhe is REEEEEEALLY tired of Tyrod lol. That might be the end of season story but 11 games?

Rookie vs 6 year pro

Upside vs at ceiling

And stats very similar as well.

Wentz doesn't have nearly the Running game to hide behind like Tyrod does

Wait a minute MAJ he is only like a second year man...remember that

Doesn't matter who his receivers are, they are open. The QB doesn't throw the ball to them. The coaches tape doesn't lie. More lame excuses, keep them coming.

1st drive of the game

Edited by Fixxxer

To me it would make absolutely no sense to not pick up the option on Tyrod. Okay, if Brees or Rivers were available and willing to come here, then yes buh bye Tyrod, nice knowing ya. But let's be serious. I seriously think their is about a 1% chance that happens. Please do not bring up Romo, who was never quite on that tier and has had continuous serious injuries over the last few years. Let Tyrod walk to watch Romo get injured in game 1 and retire? I don't think so.

If we are going to replace Tyrod, where is that replacement going to come from? The draft is where you are going to find your guy. I think we should definitely be drafting more QB's but that doesn't mean they have to start right away. Yes if we are going QB in the top ten, I am a believer you should be going with that guy from day one, but we have learned with players like Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott, that you don't have to get your QB in round one. That said two of those guys started as rookies and have be great thus far. I think you re-up Tyrod and put more a an emphasis on drafting QB's and if one can beat Tyrod out that is great. If Tyrod can elevate his play and solidify his position as a starter, that is great.

Tyrod's contract is very low for a QB and if we were to draft somebody who panned out, Tyrod's contract would run out before we had to pay the new guy. Tyrod's extension will have no bearing on our ability to keep another QB should we find one that we think can be great. Even if Tyrod regresses and we want to cut him, his dead cap space is extremely low and would have little affect on the roster. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/

I know we have statistically, the worst passing game in the NFL. I wish we could have what we had with the K-Gun in the 90's but that isn't happening unless we draft someone who is really good. So we aren't going to have that great passing game just yet but we do have the best running game in the NFL both by yards and yards per carry. I do like that we are going against the grain and doing the exact opposite of what everyone else is doing. I also don't think we have peaked yet as an offense and we won't this season. I think if we improve the RT position, be savvy in free agency and add some useful veteran receivers, and give Anthonly Lynn an off-season to fine tune the offense. We could be very good next season.

Ummmmmmm, noooo.

I like the way you think. And the reasons you displayed are why I want nothing to do with him anymore. There is ZERO evidence that he can become even an average QB over a sustainef time frame. People who actually pay attention to me know i bash him. BUT on my commute to work i heard he had 100+ yds IN THE FIRST QTR which means we were driving. Driving well. I have prayed for him to give me a qtr like that and I knew/well expected a standout game from him. Maybe finally 300 yds a few tds. Their secondary is TERRIBLE! then to find out about all the failed drives seeing goodwin pissed in the back of the endzone seeing sammy dejected. I have no faith. Whats next Sammy's "hurt" for the rest of the year. Lesean is the new scapegoat because he feels defeated? This is no tyrod crusade but i struggle to see "all he does for us". He runs, we have 2 guys who are at the top of their game doing that. We have charles clay and sammy. One should be a high reception guy atleast. We have options out there. Tyrod decides to create pressure by holding the ball to time increments that could measured with a sun dial. He isnt even a one read and go guy. He has gotten some injured he overthrows stuff he shouldnt. What the heck am i missing. He can run. But has nothing coming out of his right shoulder. My friends its time. Tyrod has won us enough games that we cmant replace him but as long as he isnbehind center we wont have a shot at winning let alone getting to the one game that matters

Whoa yeahbhe is REEEEEEALLY tired of Tyrod lol. That might be the end of season story but 11 games?

Wait a minute MAJ he is only like a second year man...remember that

Nope been in the league 6 years.

Regressed from year 1 to year 2 as a starter.

Not good enough move on.

@john_wawrow

#Bills QB Taylor not immune from blame after loss to Raiders | Pro32: Head to Head: http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-qb-taylor-not-immune-blame-after-loss-raiders

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — At a time when Tyrod Taylor's long-term future in Buffalo is in question, coach Rex Ryan put his quarterback on notice on Monday by saying he's not happy with the Bills' passing attack.

In assessing what went wrong with Buffalo's defense during a second-half meltdown in a 38-24 loss at Oakland on Sunday, Ryan wrapped up his answer by placing some of the blame on his offense.

"Obviously, we have to be able to throw the football if people are going to get it down there a little bit," Ryan said, in an apparent reference to Taylor missing throws to open receivers. "That's been inconsistent, and obviously that can help us, too."

Any QB who can't hit a 5 yard slant shouldn't be a QB.

Yes Tyrod makes some dazzling plays with his legs but 3 or 4 plays shouldn't outweigh the rest of the game.

Agreed.

TT is a good runner, wooow. His QB success has all derived from his legs, not his arm. His arm is decent for short plays, but deep balls he floats. He does have accuracy issues. I just wonder what made the FO think that without a good arm

I do like the guy and I've wanted him to succeed. Sure i even say the WR core is sub-par. Idk where J. Hunter was last game. They didn't target him much.

Is there no way to cut TT, then offer him another contract next year? I mean he may deny it but still.

Edited by gr8billsfan

Agreed.

TT is a good runner, wooow. His QB success has all derived from his legs, not his arm. His arm is decent for short plays, but deep balls he floats. He does have accuracy issues. I just wonder what made the FO think that without a good arm

FO thought we would have the Top 5 bully defense that Rex promised us. With Tyrod's limited throwing along with his running and a stable of running backs we could score enough to win most games. But our D is instead a mediocre at best sissy.

Agreed.

I do like the guy and I've wanted him to succeed. Sure i even say the WR core is sub-par. Idk where J. Hunter was last game. They didn't target him much.

Is there no way to cut TT, then offer him another contract next year? I mean he may deny it but still.

Unconventional

Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Browns QB (Kessler?), Mariota, Bortles, Osweiler, Broncos QB (Lynch), Bradford, Cutler, Goff, 49ers QB (Kaepernick) are not as good as Taylor. I'd take him over Carson Palmer and Wentz also. He deserves to be paid top 20 but no better...

Mariota isn't as good as Taylor? Lawrence Taylor maybe? You might be right about that at LTs current age and playing QB. You CAN'T be serious if you comparing Mariota to tyrod taylor. Or maybe you are serious and just have never watched a team other than the Bills play. I'd take bradford, cutler, goff, kaep, palmer and wentz over him. Maybe even fannyhill and bortles.

Only ones on his list I think you could argue TT is as good as are Kaepernick, Osweiler and the three rookies not name Carson Wentz. I'd be happier with both Goff and Lynch as my QB right now too (and I really was not a fan of Lynch's game in college) because the potential is still there.

TT has not "regressed". he is the exact same qb as he was last year when he was ranked 7th in passer rating & total qbr.

what is different is the players NOT around him....last years #1, #2 & #3 WR's, #1 center, #1 RT and at times #1 & #2 RB, #1 TE and just as important his O coordinator ...to some these are facts, to others just excuses.

last year TT was near leading the league in deep throws, mostly to Sammy.

you replace TT with any young QB who has "upside" on this years team....and our record is 2-10 instead of 6-6. if we had a Top 5-10 defense, our record this year is more likely 9-3. I agree with everyone that TT is not going to win us games with his arm, just be careful what you wish for, it so easy to do a lot worse.

TT has not "regressed". he is the exact same qb as he was last year when he was ranked 7th in passer rating & total qbr.

what is different is the players NOT around him....last years #1, #2 & #3 WR's, #1 center, #1 RT and at times #1 & #2 RB, #1 TE and just as important his O coordinator ...to some these are facts, to others just excuses.

last year TT was near leading the league in deep throws, mostly to Sammy.

you replace TT with any young QB who has "upside" on this years team....and our record is 2-10 instead of 6-6. if we had a Top 5-10 defense, our record this year is more likely 9-3. I agree with everyone that TT is not going to win us games with his arm, just be careful what you wish for, it so easy to do a lot worse.

By every statistic TT has regressed