Frustrated with Goodwin

cage

I just don't get it. Other than the occasional bomb, it just doesn't seem possible to get Goodwin into space so he can run after a catch. I don't think I've ever seen another blazing fast guy (among the fastest in the NFL) who just cannot be shook loose for YAC. Every completion to him is a sideline or comeback pattern that gets him immediately tackled. Lynn, TT and Goodwin should be studying Andre Reed. I don't think I've ever seen us try to hit him on a slant like Reed did time and time again.

When I watch Baldwin in the Seattle game a couple weeks ago or Julian Edelman these fast guys are constantly on slants, crossing patterns underneath and then off to the races turning 7 yard passes into 30-40 yard plays... irritating!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been frustrated with him since his rookie season. Hope the experiment ends this off season.

Which Bills receivers have you been happy with this year? It's tough to impress when your qb does not deliver the ball to open receivers with any consistency.

How come Julian Edelman and Doug Baldwin can do it week in and week out? They're no Andre Reed either...

They have QB's who can hit slants in stride. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Which Bills receivers have you been happy with this year? It's tough to impress when your qb does not deliver the ball to open receivers with any consistency.

I'm talking about his full career to date. Actually, this has been his best season, given that he isn't on IR yet..

How come Julian Edelman and Doug Baldwin can do it week in and week out? They're no Andre Reed either...

Better body builds to take a beating. Edelman gets lit up on nearly every play and bounces back. If Goodwin takes 1/2 the hit that Edelman takes, he's out for the year.

As others said, Goodwin's role is a #4 WR

Goodwin is the complement you want when you have Sammy on one side and Woods in the slot. Without those other threats he's no Goodwin. He'll be replaced by the rook on IR

Yup.

As we've learned having a deep ball thrower like TT, there is a lot more to the long ball than just straight speed.

Reacting to the ball, body positioning, leverage, fading in slightly on the go routes so you have space between you and the sideline to use in making the catch (sammy's last bomb he did it perfectly).

Frankly I'm still amazed Goodwin was able to come into the camp so late this year and claim the wr3 spot. He's a nice kid but I look forward to the day he's replaced.

I just don't get it. Other than the occasional bomb, it just doesn't seem possible to get Goodwin into space so he can run after a catch. I don't think I've ever seen another blazing fast guy (among the fastest in the NFL) who just cannot be shook loose for YAC. Every completion to him is a sideline or comeback pattern that gets him immediately tackled. Lynn, TT and Goodwin should be studying Andre Reed. I don't think I've ever seen us try to hit him on a slant like Reed did time and time again.

When I watch Baldwin in the Seattle game a couple weeks ago or Julian Edelman these fast guys are constantly on slants, crossing patterns underneath and then off to the races turning 7 yard passes into 30-40 yard plays... irritating!

Yet another QB problem to be honest.