Jordan Mills on Khalil Mack...God help us...

Big Turk

Their defense is not very good. My fear is more the Bills Defense, they have not faired too well against good teams. It could be a real shootout.

How could this be a shoot out, if the Bills have a poor offense and the Raiders have a good defense. Shootouts required good QBing on both sides that can sling the ball. Carr can, but TT has not show it yet. The Bills best chance would be to run the ball, slow down the Raiders pass rush and keep Carr on the sidelines.

I also think that Clay will be spending more time blocking and helping Jordan Mills

Edited by ganesh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not all that optimistic about this game, but it's winnable. On paper things don't look great but the Bills have the "intangible" in that if they lose this game their playoff chances are over.

Also, as much as I like Mack, he can be tempted to over pursuit. If the Bills design their blocking schemes specifically for him, then it will be up to his teammates to take advantage of the 1 on 1 matchups that will be created. If they don't then there's an advantage to Buffalo.

If this season has been anything, it's been unpredictable. Maybe Carr's finger swells up or something.............

You have some good points. I don't know that there is one answer. My biggest criticism for him thus far this season was that he doesn't throw his receivers open. So to me, saying he has only a few options isn't an excuse for holding onto the ball

Is the problem with Taylor not throwing receivers open or the receivers not having the skill set to get to/take the ball?

Is the problem with Taylor not throwing receivers open or the receivers not having the skill set to get to/take the ball?

I don't think it's "either/or". It's probably a little bit of both. Elite QB's have the arm strength and accuracy to help make up for deficiencies in their WRs, and elite WRs can get open when others can't.

I like Tyrod a lot but unfortunately he's not an elite QB, and the team doesn't really have any true elite WRs.

Mack is great, the Raiders defense is not. They are giving up 28 points for game, which is 28th in the NFL. I'm more worried about stopping their offense.

Exactly. This is the game where Rex can earn his keep. The Raiders have been great on offense, and these are the games where great defensive minds show up with a game plan. That's what this game is about. It's time for Rex to put up or shut up. Not that he'll ever shut up. If our offense struggles it will probably say more about them than it does the Raiders D. Teams have been putting up points on the Raiders all season.

If ever there was a call for moving Cordy Glenn to RT and putting Cyrus at LT for a week this would be the time.

I think if the Raiders weren't so explosive offensively this would likely be one of those weeks where you play a lot of 6 OL. Still might be the route they go.

If I am the Raiders I am sweating a potential Sean Smith vs Sammy Watkins matchup.........Sammy just violated that dude in KC last year.

If ever there was a call for moving Cordy Glenn to RT and putting Cyrus at LT for a week this would be the time.

I think if the Raiders weren't so explosive offensively this would likely be one of those weeks where you play a lot of 6 OL. Still might be the route they go.

If I am the Raiders I am sweating a potential Sean Smith vs Sammy Watkins matchup.........Sammy just violated that dude in KC last year.

That tackle move is not the worst idea I have ever read on this board....in fact, might be the right thing to do....best tackle against best end....but still would have to help Cordy.....as Mack has got it goinnnnn..so, they likely won't do that.......assignments switched etc etc....if they do it, we read it here first.

YOU HAVE THE BEST RUN O IN THE N.F.L. LET THAT SINK IN. OAKLANDS RUN D IS 26TH.

double mccoy's carries (he had 19). put felton in the backfield. use big sets. don't expose TT. have good pass plays out of play action. win the boring way.

This^^^

Khalil Mack is a bad bad man. I was hoping the Bills moved up to grab him, but we picked Sammy. Interesting to see how history worked out there. Raiders likely in the playoffs, we're still a work in progress....

The Raiders also have Carr, Cooper, Crabtree, Walford, and a host of other players

Both Justin Houston and Von Miller were individual nightmares last night for their respective teams. Each of them caused a lot of problems for the other team's offense. The final score was 30-27 in overtime. Mack will wreck a bunch of plays. Expect it. He won't be the reason why the Bills win or lose.

Yes. At some point the OC for Denver has to do something to help the RT. I hope our coaching staff will not try to leave Mills on an island with Mack.

I'd like to see some of Roman's 6 OLmen schemes. Buffalo could also do some of their pre-snap shifts to confuse them. Either way, I hope they don't go an entire first half before finding a way to get the run game going like last week.

How could this be a shoot out, if the Bills have a poor offense and the Raiders have a good defense. Shootouts required good QBing on both sides that can sling the ball. Carr can, but TT has not show it yet. The Bills best chance would be to run the ball, slow down the Raiders pass rush and keep Carr on the sidelines.

I also think that Clay will be spending more time blocking and helping Jordan Mills

Easy, shoot Shady out of the back field like a canon. There's more than one way to have a shoot out. Doesn't have be all passing to be a shoot out. I'd like to see a 6th OLman on some plays to put the kabash on Mack.

Edited by Rockinon

If I read it correct Vegas has the spread at 3.5 Raiders at home. So they either don't have a lot of love for the Raiders or think the Bills are pretty good. They seem to always know something.

The Raiders could just as easily be 5-6 as 9-2...they have pulled out a LOT of close games at the end after trailing...statistically it's unlikely to keep happening...in reality things like this tend to be seasonal...Carolina pulled out games like that last year all the time, now they are losing them...likely Oakland will not be able to repeat that late game magic next year, so while they have a good record, they could come down a little next year if they don't get that D fixed...

But there is no reason to think the Bills get blown out there...

Edited by matter2003