Jordan Mills on Khalil Mack...God help us...

Big Turk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying for a while, since Tyrod is quick to run anyways, why not move the pocket and roll him out more? This could counter pass rushers at times without wasting additional players on protection

They did it early in the year right after they let Roman walk. I think teams are scheming on that now, with the intention of forcing him to stay in the pocket and make plays. I remember people using the term 'mobile pocket' to describe the way the guard would pull for pass blocking.

I've been saying for a while, since Tyrod is quick to run anyways, why not move the pocket and roll him out more? This could counter pass rushers at times without wasting additional players on protection

rolling out hurts your pass protecting - unless someone is open quickly, and remember that you cut the field in half, you expose the QB to big hits.

rolling out hurts your pass protecting - unless someone is open quickly, and remember that you cut the field in half, you expose the QB to big hits.

By many accounts, TT doesn't read the whole field anyways, has a tendency to prematurely run with the ball and still takes the unnecessary big hits he shouldnt. I see what you mean but it's not like we're rolling out Peyton Manning

Mills is the kind of player that you pick up and plug in during the season in desperation if you have a rash of injuries, knowing full well that someone much better has to replace him the next year when you've got more time to make a move.. Yet another Whaley blunder.

By many accounts, TT doesn't read the whole field anyways, has a tendency to prematurely run with the ball and still takes the unnecessary big hits he shouldnt. I see what you mean but it's not like we're rolling out Peyton Manning

I disagree that he prematurely runs. I think he is actually quite disciplined in that area. It's not a matter of not reading the whole field, it's that he has little to look at and few options. Rolling out has it's place for sure, but it's not a fixall. That's all.

I disagree that he prematurely runs. I think he is actually quite disciplined in that area. It's not a matter of not reading the whole field, it's that he has little to look at and few options. Rolling out has it's place for sure, but it's not a fixall. That's all.

You have some good points. I don't know that there is one answer. My biggest criticism for him thus far this season was that he doesn't throw his receivers open. So to me, saying he has only a few options isn't an excuse for holding onto the ball

You have some good points. I don't know that there is one answer. My biggest criticism for him thus far this season was that he doesn't throw his receivers open. So to me, saying he has only a few options isn't an excuse for holding onto the ball

My point on the few options was when you roll out, you limit your options. We're just not a big passing team. Especially with injuries each week.