Sammy Watkins has a chance to come back and be a hero

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dez Bryant had the same injury....and missed the rest of that season a couple years ago. It would not surprise me at all if Sammy did not make it back on the field this year. I saw the clip on Ch 7 of his first workout....he looks no where near game condition. Not this weekend imho....and maybe not at all this year.

I respectfully submit that there is no context in which missing 11 games out of 43 constitutes "a ton".

You know why? Because you're a HOMER!

:D

Ok, there's a vote for "it's nothing"! See?

No, I don't see.

Your implication is clear: "ton" in this case isn't a quantifiable amount, and thus is relative.

I think that's hogwash.

To say he's missed a ton of games in his career is a mischaracterization at best.

That you choose to paint my response as "it's nothing" in order to prove such statements as non-quantifiable means nothing.

I respectfully submit that there is no context in which missing 11 games out of 43 constitutes "a ton".

I'm a defender of the trade up for Sammy and look forward to his return........ but 11 games is just the amount of time he's been in street clothes on gameday.

That doesn't take into account the time he's missed in games where he was taken out due to injury or was unable to play near his ability in the games where he was active.

I mean, the end of that Jets game this year where he is walking around the sidelines when the offense is on the field trying to win it at the end............it's more than fair to say he's been effectively absent 1/3 of the time to this point.

That is a ton, IMO.

I'm a defender of the trade up for Sammy and look forward to his return........ but 11 games is just the amount of time he's been in street clothes on gameday.

That doesn't take into account the time he's missed in games where he was taken out due to injury or was unable to play near his ability in the games where he was active.

I mean, the end of that Jets game this year where he is walking around the sidelines when the offense is on the field trying to win it at the end............it's more than fair to say he's been effectively absent 1/3 of the time to this point.

That is a ton, IMO.

You see BADOL, if someone wants to discuss the amount of time he's been hobbled as a pro and the effects of it, that's a thought process that has merit.

If, however, the implication is that he simply hasn't been available much of the time, well, I have a harder time accepting that as fact.

I still feel the same about the trade-up: he was undoubtedly the best offensive prospect at the time, and they were trying to give their QB the pieces to put him in the best situation to succeed.

It was a gamble that had almost no chance to be worth the cost, but had every chance to make them a better team in the long-term.

In short: I think the world of him as a player, but he needs to be available and be in better health when he is--whether or not he can get some of the neuro-compensation and muscle imbalance issues resolved will be a critical factor

That is a ton, IMO.

100% spot on. It's been a ton.

On a practical level nearly 30% missed, on a variety of injuries that have caused missing portions of other games and effected play in a large portion of others isn't to be completely dismissed. He's had a rough go of it physically but there's nothing saying this should be a problem going forward either as they've been such a random mish mash. Hopefully the injury bug just got him early and he will start a long healthy stretch.... I have a hard time going back at people frustrated by the situation though

You see BADOL, if someone wants to discuss the amount of time he's been hobbled as a pro and the effects of it, that's a thought process that has merit.

If, however, the implication is that he simply hasn't been available much of the time, well, I have a harder time accepting that as fact.

I still feel the same about the trade-up: he was undoubtedly the best offensive prospect at the time, and they were trying to give their QB the pieces to put him in the best situation to succeed.

It was a gamble that had almost no chance to be worth the cost, but had every chance to make them a better team in the long-term.

In short: I think the world of him as a player, but he needs to be available and be in better health when he is--whether or not he can get some of the neuro-compensation and muscle imbalance issues resolved will be a critical factor

I'll buy this more practically. Snapping back about a guy missing that much time though is tough. I get that a training camp ACL would've had a bigger impact on the percentage of games missed but the volume of incidents and partial games and.... fans will perceive him to be unavailable all the time instead of a lone freak incident

Who is going to throw him the ball?

Same QB who threw him 60 receptions unless we can convince Kyle Orton to unretire again.

Let's pump the brakes on Sammy coming back at all this season. The guy has proven to be not only a very fragile player, but one who will not/ can not play through pain. I'm waiting to see hwat the excuses are for why he's not playing vs. the Jaguars.

Sammy is consulting Mr. Byrd right now about dealing with foot pain.

Every player who has ever played in the NFL, with the exception of kickers and Dion Sanders, has been tough as hell. Sammy is no exception.

And I appologize to all the kickers out there for comparing them to Dion.

There are plenty of tough kickers; Neon is as tough as tofu.

If I were Sammy, I'd sit. Tyrod sucks per WGR callers.

So does WGR and WGR callers per comments on website before WGR deletes them.

If they get to 9-7 we get to endure another offseason on TSW of "if we were 9-7 with what we had and we added these guys in the draft....we will therefore better!".

You enjoy enduring and would not know what to do with yourself in other situation.

I just get these images of jsp being the drunk dialer after games that makes absolutely no sense but has to be tolerated

See comments about WGR callers.

Although Deion was the best cover corner and return man ever, he was a wimpy tackler. There really is no debate regarding that aspect of his "toughness."

Several coaches used to tell WRs to get physical with Neon but not enough of them hence his reputation.

Since we already activated Shaq Lawson, Sammy can't be activated unless we DE-activate Lawson. It's a little known rule of the injured reserve clause.

Only if you play with optional rule on Madden Pro GM.

He's a prison guard hence the tough guy attitude.

He probably practices waterboarding.

Apparently I'm an internet tough guy because I think Sammy is a baby. I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Anyone dealing with menstrual rags on daily basis is tough.

No, I don't see.

Your implication is clear: "ton" in this case isn't a quantifiable amount, and thus is relative.

I think that's hogwash.

To say he's missed a ton of games in his career is a mischaracterization at best.

That you choose to paint my response as "it's nothing" in order to prove such statements as non-quantifiable means nothing.

Of course it's relative. It's a figure of speech, not literal so, by definition, it is subjective. To some it's "a ton", to others, it's not much at all. Why are you even arguing this?

I wasn't the one to claim it was "a ton" anyway, so my response seeks to prove neither opinion is true. But your position is no more valid than the other.

Pretty simple...

And Sammy is now talking about not playi g until hes fully healthy. Like i predicted, the back and forth between the Bills and Watkins is beyond bizzare.

He underwent a medical checkup and given tgat he practiced on a limited basis Im guessig he got the thumbs up. But now hes saying hes not fully healthy and couldnt play if the game was today. I just dont get it. The Bills are telling him hes healthy and ready to go yet he tells the Bills hes not.

I still stand by my belief that Sammy wants to shut it down this year, and the Bills just are perplexed as to whats going on.

And Sammy is now talking about not playi g until hes fully healthy. Like i predicted, the back and forth between the Bills and Watkins is beyond bizzare.

He underwent a medical checkup and given tgat he practiced on a limited basis Im guessig he got the thumbs up. But now hes saying hes not fully healthy and couldnt play if the game was today. I just dont get it. The Bills are telling him hes healthy and ready to go yet he tells the Bills hes not.

I still stand by my belief that Sammy wants to shut it down this year, and the Bills just are perplexed as to whats going on.

that isn't what he said.

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says the time off was a "blessing" and believes he's now fully healthy. Wouldn't commit to playing Sunday, however. #Bills

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says he feels like he's finally over that mental "hump" and has trust in his foot #Bills

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says there's nothing limiting him "as of right now" #Bills

He said the decision was up to the trainers after they watched the film of him practicing. The reason he probably wouldn't play if the game was today was because he only had one practice and needed to get back into game shape. He said he thinks he would be ready after 2-3 practices but it's up to the trainers, not him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

that isn't what he said.

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says the time off was a "blessing" and believes he's now fully healthy. Wouldn't commit to playing Sunday, however. #Bills

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says he feels like he's finally over that mental "hump" and has trust in his foot #Bills

@joebuscaglia

Sammy Watkins says there's nothing limiting him "as of right now" #Bills

He said the decision was up to the trainers after they watched the film of him practicing. The reason he probably wouldn't play if the game was today was because he only had one practice and needed to get back into game shape. He said he thinks he would be ready after 2-3 practices but it's up to the trainers, not him.

So.....exactly like he said!!