What's Cardale Jones up to?

Commish

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure Jones isn't ready. So when we throw him to the wolves without being prepared and he doesn't immediately start having 300 ypg performances, we can declare he sucks then start calling for the D3 UDFA qb behind him at that point. Let's at least get through this year before we shatter Cardale Jones's dreams.

So from an Ohio State fan perspective, here is what happened:

A super talented recruit who was a third string QB for the Buckeyes, he became a household name first by his comment regarding school, which made him sound like a fool. Urban Meyer took it upon himself to make a supreme effort to help him recover from it and gain maturity. It was only injuries to both Braxton Miller and J.T. Barrett that allowed him the opportunity to start and the win a National Championship.

We have seen his amazing talent on display, but he is as you said he is- a project QB. However, his arm strength and decision making are really going to set him apart from most of the projects. He is most certainly not like an E.J. Manuel because of his confidence and his coolness under pressure.

When he gains more knowledge of the NFL way to the point he actually is our backup, there is a very real possibility he will become a bonafide NFL starting quarterback. My major concern is whether or not we do what Baltimore did and send him somewhere else, knowing that he has the talent but eventually we will have to pay him the $$$$. We need Cardale Jones.

Not gonna hijack the thread

C. Jones has a ton of potential....I hope he shows enough next year to make it a tough decision on the coaches

I fear Whaley is going to be stubborn behind his guy Manuel and Rex behind Taylor where only an injury may force the issue like the Dallas situation with Romo and Kellen Moore both getting injured.

We can dream that Cardale could perform like Prescott has.

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

what i also see is a guy who has 'it.' dude just wins. his preseason comeback (yes, i understand the context) is a perfect example. he just finds ways to get it done. you know, the opposite of our current guy.

i know there's no math to "it" and you can't coach "it" and for the things you can measure and the things you can coach he's probably lacking.

but with "it" comes an extra two or three wins each year.

so help me understand why he's such a long shot when he's got the one thing ("it") that might be most valuable

also, i'm consistently surprised at how sharp he is any time he speaks in front of the camera. so i don't doubt his ability to absorb the mental side.

Its a fair question. A lot of folks are just regurgitating what they hear from the talking heads. The 6th rounder QB of the Patriots was a long shot too so said the talking heads.

I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him start at some point next year, especially if Tyrod continues to vomit all over the field.

Honestly, I'm not sure there has ever really been another prospect like Cardale. I can't think of anyone to compare him to. One thing is for sure, though, he has incredible tools and a very high upside.

Can I get the number of your dealer?

So from an Ohio State fan perspective, here is what happened:

A super talented recruit who was a third string QB for the Buckeyes, he became a household name first by his comment regarding school, which made him sound like a fool. Urban Meyer took it upon himself to make a supreme effort to help him recover from it and gain maturity. It was only injuries to both Braxton Miller and J.T. Barrett that allowed him the opportunity to start and the win a National Championship.

We have seen his amazing talent on display, but he is as you said he is- a project QB. However, his arm strength and decision making are really going to set him apart from most of the projects. He is most certainly not like an E.J. Manuel because of his confidence and his coolness under pressure.

When he gains more knowledge of the NFL way to the point he actually is our backup, there is a very real possibility he will become a bonafide NFL starting quarterback. My major concern is whether or not we do what Baltimore did and send him somewhere else, knowing that he has the talent but eventually we will have to pay him the $$$$. We need Cardale Jones.

I honestly fell in love with when he sat in the pocket and shrugged off a linebacker like he was a water boy

They physical traits on C. Jones scream to me that this could be a qb we groom for the future.

People are so worked up about TT's contract......it has off sets that allow us to walk away at given times. How about we get some pass catchers that can actually make plays.

Can I get the number of your dealer?

What exactly did he say wrong here?

If we are 5-8 or worse at the Browns game , give him a shot

That would be a mistake.

This is a player we need to take our time with and not ruin his confidence.......

People are so worked up about TT's contract......it has off sets that allow us to walk away at given times.

John - you realize the only "walk away" that's built in that isn't just the standard "oh were 3 years into bonus amortization schedules so it won't hurt AS bad" is in a couple months, right? I'm not even in the omg cut him asap crowd but when you say stuff like the above it comes across as your rose colored glasses being a lack of understanding.

I honestly fell in love with when he sat in the pocket and shrugged off a linebacker like he was a water boy

They physical traits on C. Jones scream to me that this could be a qb we groom for the future.

People are so worked up about TT's contract......it has off sets that allow us to walk away at given times. How about we get some pass catchers that can actually make plays.

What exactly did he say wrong here?

That would be a mistake.

This is a player we need to take our time with and not ruin his confidence.......

Winning two or three worthless games would ruin a bunch of fans confidence in this organization's ability to not " pad their stats" and screw their draft slot up at the same time.

If we get to that point(5-8) the season is over and TT/EJ have proven their inability to start in the NFL.

Getting Jones time against Cleveland would be appropriate. If he craps the bed, no harm- no foul. But if he has a decent outing he might GAIN confidence. Truth is nobody knows and quite frankly, staring at Prescott on the front of ESPN mag. Tells me the Bills FO aren't all knowing/ all seeing.

Winning two or three worthless games would ruin a bunch of fans confidence in this organization's ability to not " pad their stats" and screw their draft slot up at the same time.

If we get to that point(5-8) the season is over and TT/EJ have proven their inability to start in the NFL.

Getting Jones time against Cleveland would be appropriate. If he craps the bed, no harm- no foul. But if he has a decent outing he might GAIN confidence. Truth is nobody knows and quite frankly, staring at Prescott on the front of ESPN mag. Tells me the Bills FO aren't all knowing/ all seeing.

not if he isnt ready

Honestly, I'm not sure there has ever really been another prospect like Cardale. I can't think of anyone to compare him to. One thing is for sure, though, he has incredible tools and a very high upside.

I am a Fan. Not only of the player, but how Bills seem to be handling the matter.

patience please