What's Cardale Jones up to?

Commish

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: can we not turn this into a TT argument though? I really don't want to waste everyone's time with JFH trying to convince people that losing 11 out of 12 games when we got down by 4 or more at any point in the contest is "just what this team needs."

Equally I don't want to turn this into a defense thread - but we know our defense is not "as good as it should be".

We agree on Jones though.... there is at least enough there to give him a shot. Whether he can make it or not now comes down to how much work he puts in and whether he is a fast learner.

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

what i also see is a guy who has 'it.' dude just wins. his preseason comeback (yes, i understand the context) is a perfect example. he just finds ways to get it done. you know, the opposite of our current guy.

i know there's no math to "it" and you can't coach "it" and for the things you can measure and the things you can coach he's probably lacking.

but with "it" comes an extra two or three wins each year.

so help me understand why he's such a long shot when he's got the one thing ("it") that might be most valuable

also, i'm consistently surprised at how sharp he is any time he speaks in front of the camera. so i don't doubt his ability to absorb the mental side.

Agree with this take 100%. Jones is a baller. They're doing with they should with him, and since we know the Bills are going nowhere fast this year, let the coaches take their time with him and do it right. I'd even keep him on the sideline next year - give him some preseason reps with the 2nd and maybe first team, but have whatever meatsack is ahead of him play the regular season. If the coaches think he's made enough progress, maybe start to play him late next year after the inevitable october swoon.

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

what i also see is a guy who has 'it.' dude just wins. his preseason comeback (yes, i understand the context) is a perfect example. he just finds ways to get it done. you know, the opposite of our current guy.

i know there's no math to "it" and you can't coach "it" and for the things you can measure and the things you can coach he's probably lacking.

but with "it" comes an extra two or three wins each year.

so help me understand why he's such a long shot when he's got the one thing ("it") that might be most valuable

also, i'm consistently surprised at how sharp he is any time he speaks in front of the camera. so i don't doubt his ability to absorb the mental side.

I feel like im not far out on a limb here. guys taken way at the top of the draft are at best coin flips, if that.

we are talking about a day 3 pick that threw for like 15 touchdowns in his entire college career. hes a pretty big long shot, but at least he has the tools to have a shot which is more than you can say about most guys picked that late.

I don't think he's a long shot to become an NFL starter due to his NFL QB traits. . I do think it will be a few years before he's a dependable starter due to his learning curve from college to NFL - the system he ran and relative lack of experience . Hopefully he's the backup next year and we go from there.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No I just hear someone in denial. Those other receivers he can't pass to are in the NFL as well.

37th in passing ypg. Yippee.

Hope Cardale is ready sooner rather than later.

Not gonna hijack the thread

C. Jones has a ton of potential....I hope he shows enough next year to make it a tough decision on the coaches

I don't think he's a long shot to become an NFL starter due to his NFL QB traits. . I do think it will be a few years before he's a dependable starter due to his learning curve from college to NFL - the system he ran and relative lack of experience . Hopefully he's the backup next year and we go from there.

what kind of odds are you putting on him to actually be a real nfl starter (i know kind of arbitrary.... but say a guy that gets the job, and keeps it, generally playing out the big contract without being benched)

what kind of odds are you putting on him to actually be a real nfl starter (i know kind of arbitrary.... but say a guy that gets the job, and keeps it, generally playing out the big contract without being benched)

IMO

I think that C. Jones is in a perfect situation for that to happen.

And I will applaud it if it does happen.....because legit NFL QBs are hard to find.

Equally I don't want to turn this into a defense thread - but we know our defense is not "as good as it should be".

We agree on Jones though.... there is at least enough there to give him a shot. Whether he can make it or not now comes down to how much work he puts in and whether he is a fast learner.

Well we know that in 6 out of 8 games this year they have been. You're just too stubborn to recognize that.

I feel like im not far out on a limb here. guys taken way at the top of the draft are at best coin flips, if that.

we are talking about a day 3 pick that threw for like 15 touchdowns in his entire college career. hes a pretty big long shot, but at least he has the tools to have a shot which is more than you can say about most guys picked that late.

i think that what you're saying holds true...when they're put on a roster track, and not a development one.

he's clearly not on a roster track right now. and my optimism for him depends on:

1. Him staying on the developmental track
  2. That track being a success

i think that developmental guys like him a very very very rare. a guy with his physical tools and his bizarre penchant for winning MAJOR college football games against MAJOR opponents but still being "raw and unprepared."

so there's not a whole to compare him to.

I'd like to see C. Jones as a WR this year. Since we don't have any, and he played the position in college, why not give him a shot. Also, would be a great way to further learn the QB position. Could split his time between QB and WR rooms during the week, and actually play on gameday. Nothing can replicate game action.

Based on his college tape, I'd put the odds at 5%

I think he'll get his chance but, with the combination of his skill set and the coaching we have at our disposal, I really doubt the kid is going to amount to anything.

Based on his college tape, I'd put the odds at 5%

I think he'll get his chance but, with the combination of his skill set and the coaching we have at our disposal, I really doubt the kid is going to amount to anything.

Are you being severely sarcastic? Or do we live in separate dimensions?

I'd like to see C. Jones as a WR this year. Since we don't have any, and he played the position in college, why not give him a shot. Also, would be a great way to further learn the QB position. Could split his time between QB and WR rooms during the week, and actually play on gameday. Nothing can replicate game action.

Did I miss something?