What's Cardale Jones up to?

Commish

Cardale is a project QB -- he's likely serving as the scout team QB during practice and being coached on the fundamentals he lacks. I would think the Bills' ideal plan is that he won't see the field in a regular season game until 2018 at the earliest.

By project QB you mean a guy that has the physical tools but will always suck when it comes to actually playing on the field. See JP Losman.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By project QB you mean a guy that has the physical tools but will always suck when it comes to actually playing on the field. See JP Losman.

This is testing my memory a bit.....but I never once watched C. Jones this offseason and thought of JP Losman......

I instantly thought C. Jones had that "it" factor to him that Losman NEVER had

romo has won over 60% of his starts.... and has had 4th quarter comebacks in an obscene percentage of those. i think your evaluation of "it" might be a bit weird and perhaps unreal.

If only he was not a broken human being.......Romo has been one heck of a NFL QB

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

what i also see is a guy who has 'it.' dude just wins. his preseason comeback (yes, i understand the context) is a perfect example. he just finds ways to get it done. you know, the opposite of our current guy.

i know there's no math to "it" and you can't coach "it" and for the things you can measure and the things you can coach he's probably lacking.

but with "it" comes an extra two or three wins each year.

so help me understand why he's such a long shot when he's got the one thing ("it") that might be most valuable

also, i'm consistently surprised at how sharp he is any time he speaks in front of the camera. so i don't doubt his ability to absorb the mental side.

Please help me understand why you think Cardale is "not mentally prepared." I'm not aware of any evidence to back up that statement.

I must have missed JP's undefeated college career in which he quarterbacked his team to the national championship.

Please help me understand why you think Cardale is "not mentally prepared." I'm not aware of any evidence to back up that statement.

I must have missed JP's undefeated college career in which he quarterbacked his team to the national championship.

I have no idea why there even comparisons between C. Jones and JP Losman

Totally different qbs

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

I would venture to say all drafted QBs are "long shots". All drafted QBs have very similar physical traits. It's their mental game that elevates them and makes them succeed. If they can't read defenses, which is the majority, then they fail.

It's unknown if Cardale will grasp the mental aspect of the game, but the odds are definitely against him doing so.

I would venture to say all drafted QBs are "long shots". All drafted QBs have very similar physical traits. It's their mental game that elevates them and makes them succeed. If they can't read defenses, which is the majority, then they fail.

It's unknown if Cardale will grasp the mental aspect of the game, but the odds are definitely against him doing so.

If I understand what you are saying correctly

This is not a slam against C. Jones....you are quoting the averages themselves of successful qbs

He has the physical size and arm strength that was worth drafting and developing. Perfect year to practice, sit in on QB film study, learn the game. Hope to not see him on the field a single time this year. If he develops into a quality QB down the line, it will be fantastic! If he never makes it, no big loss.

If I understand what you are saying correctly

This is not a slam against C. Jones....you are quoting the averages themselves of successful qbs

well, yea, as a jumping off point becoming a successful qb is a long shot even among the best prospects. Now you take one that is 24 and still learning the basics.... its a longshot even among longshots. none of that is meant to be an insult, but simply a reality of being a raw prospect at one of the toughest positions in sports.

it would be exciting if he can steal us a few wins with his sheer athleticism if called upon some day but to think that he will catch up to the elite specimens that are already polished and then surpass them as a week in and week out player is unlikely.

Edited by NoSaint

He has the physical size and arm strength that was worth drafting and developing. Perfect year to practice, sit in on QB film study, learn the game. Hope to not see him on the field a single time this year. If he develops into a quality QB down the line, it will be fantastic! If he never makes it, no big loss.

I REALLY hope he is doing that, but I don't have a lot of faith that it's working. It's not for lack of effort, he's just understudying under two guys that aren't known for their ability to read defenses. Still good to hope though.

Cardale attempted 270 pass attempts his entire college career.

In comparison:

Russell Wilson - 1,489

Dak Prescott - 1,169

Wentz - 612

Luck - 1,064

Cam - 280*** Cam would be an exception in this case due to raw talent.

Kirk Cousins - 1128

Winston - 851

Mariotta - 1,167

Bortles - 891

Carr - 1,630

I just tried looking at some of the younger QB's around the league since today's college to NFL transition is a bit different from the one Brady had. As you can see, only Cam Newton came out of college with similar attempts as Cardale, and those two players aren't in the same league. Cardale has a long way to go to learn how to read defenses, work on technique, and just learn about the game of football.

Edited by bobobonators

Cardale attempted 270 passing attempts his entire college career.

In comparison:

Russell Wilson - 1,489

Dak Prescott - 1,169

Wentz - 612

Luck - 1,064

Cam - 280*** Cam would be an exception in this case due to raw talent.

Kirk Cousins - 1128

Winston - 851

Mariotta - 1,167

Bortles - 891

Carr - 1,630

I just tried looking at some of the younger QB's around the league since today's college to NFL transition is a bit different from the one Brady had. As you can see, only Cam Newton came out of college with similar attempts as Cardale, and those two players aren't in the same league. Cardale has a long way to go to learn how to read defenses, work on technique, and just learn about the game of football.

cam had the full season starting at a JUCO after being kicked out of florida. dont know how to translate those but he was playing football.