What's Cardale Jones up to?

Commish

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cardale is a project QB -- he's likely serving as the scout team QB during practice and being coached on the fundamentals he lacks. I would think the Bills' ideal plan is that he won't see the field in a regular season game until 2018 at the earliest.

Does his potential availability in 2018 alleviate anyone's concern that after 22 TT starts we're still in QB purgatory?

It sorta does for me...

I'm just hoping he progresses until then and he doesn't need to be prematurely thrown into the fray. I've been saying for awhile that working him in prematurely could derail the whole thing.

Does his potential availability in 2018 alleviate anyone's concern that after 22 TT starts we're still in QB purgatory?

It sorta does for me...

I'm just hoping he progresses until then and he doesn't need to be prematurely thrown into the fray. I've been saying for awhile that working him in prematurely could derail the whole thing.

Agree...take the time to let him sit and learn...after a few years we might have built something to show for it

In fact do everything the exact opposite of how they handled developing EJ Manuel

It sorta does for me...

cardale is an incredible long shot, so while i dont mind them taking the shot -- it does nothing substantial for me looking at our long term, just like a lotto ticket doesnt make me feel good about retirement.

Pretty much.

Also agreed

I have no idea what EJ would be if they actually handled him correctly

cardale is an incredible long shot, so while i dont mind them taking the shot -- it does nothing substantial for me looking at our long term, just like a lotto ticket doesnt make me feel good about retirement.

I dont know man....they took him in what looks to be a incredibally rich draft

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

what i also see is a guy who has 'it.' dude just wins. his preseason comeback (yes, i understand the context) is a perfect example. he just finds ways to get it done. you know, the opposite of our current guy.

i know there's no math to "it" and you can't coach "it" and for the things you can measure and the things you can coach he's probably lacking.

but with "it" comes an extra two or three wins each year.

so help me understand why he's such a long shot when he's got the one thing ("it") that might be most valuable

also, i'm consistently surprised at how sharp he is any time he speaks in front of the camera. so i don't doubt his ability to absorb the mental side.

Edited by The Big Cat

help me understand why so many people believe this is a certainty.

what i see is a guy with a ton of raw talent who's not mentally prepared.

what i also see is a guy who has 'it.' dude just wins. his preseason comeback (yes, i understand the context) is a perfect example. he just finds ways to get it done. you know, the opposite of our current guy.

i know there's no math to "it" and you can't coach "it" and for the things you can measure and the things you can coach he's probably lacking.

but with "it" comes an extra two or three wins each year.

so help me understand why he's such a long shot when he's got the one thing ("it") that might be most valuable

also, i'm consistently surprised at how sharp he is any time he speaks in front of the camera. so i don't doubt his ability to absorb the mental side.

We dont agree on TT....because I think he is just what this team needs right now

but I will say this....I hope C. Jones comes in next offseason and lights it up......I hope he gets his body in better condition (I think he is a bit overweight) and comes in showing that he has worked on his footwork which will help his accuracy........he already has a gunslinger mentality so he is a passer of the ball.

I think "it" is quite subjective though Big Cat.

I am intrigued by him. Have been since pre-draft. We took him right about where I thought someone should because I did see issues with understanding what he was seeing when he played at OSU. But I would quite like to see him out there.... hopefully it isn't thins year because I wouldn't (and they shouldn't) do it until the season is dead.... but if we get to the 6-8 we were last year for example then the decision in my head should probably be made on Tyrod and I'd happily throw the ball to Cardale and see what he looks like in a no fear don't play scared scenario.

I don't think the Bills will though.

We dont agree on TT....because I think he is just what this team needs right now

but I will say this....I hope C. Jones comes in next offseason and lights it up......I hope he gets his body in better condition (I think he is a bit overweight) and comes in showing that he has worked on his footwork which will help his accuracy........he already has a gunslinger mentality so he is a passer of the ball.

if our defense is as good as it should be, then we don't need a qb to squat on the ball and we don't need an elaborate run scheme to combat 9 in the box.

a gunslinger who can string together points would be better for our defense they could just key off on QB's.

that's not the way rex wants to play though. i understand that. but a qb who will force opposing teams to cover every inch of the field (with the weapons we have) has the potential to light up the score board, thus letting the dogs loose on d.

what i'm describing is the opposite of tt.

it's also the opposite of most qb's in the league and the opposite of what we have on our roster now (7 guague not withstanding)

if our defense is as good as it should be, then we don't need a qb to squat on the ball and we don't need an elaborate run scheme to combat 9 in the box.

a gunslinger who can string together points would be better for our defense they could just key off on QB's.

that's not the way rex wants to play though. i understand that. but a qb who will force opposing teams to cover every inch of the field (with the weapons we have) has the potential to light up the score board, thus letting the dogs loose on d.

what i'm describing is the opposite of tt.

it's also the opposite of most qb's in the league and the opposite of what we have on our roster now (7 guague not withstanding)

We also dont need a QB that is turning the ball over......turnovers lose games.

Everyone is so sure that we are "hiding" our QB....what if that is just the scheme RR wants to run?

Things that look forced when EJ does them look natural when Cardale does them

I agree with that.....C. Jones just makes a decision and goes with it.....love it

How so ? I think having a qb that can complete passes would be better.

:lol: can we not turn this into a TT argument though? I really don't want to waste everyone's time with JFH trying to convince people that losing 11 out of 12 games when we got down by 4 or more at any point in the contest is "just what this team needs."