OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

Whatever, without sitting in a film room together we cant really argue this, but i remember that play pretty well, Goodwin wasnt even hit

The pass was a little late from Tyrod. Incognito got shoved into his lap and he released it a little high.

Goodwin extended for it, got bumped at the catch point by Isa Abdul-Quddus and fell awkwardly. Some dumb luck played a part but Tyrod wasn't an entirely innocent party.

Edited by Blokestradamus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we stop looking for a franchise QB? No. But I think TT is a helluva player and plenty of teams would take him in a heartbeat. Seems like many of his good passes are dropped. And no one extends plays and makes something out of nothing more than TT. I can't recall a worse collection of receivers on the field as the Bills had today. I'm including a one footed Woods and banged up Clay because they weren't themselves today either. And the drops...ugh. I support Tyrod all the way

I am not basing anything off this game.....for a multitude of reasons

But you should. Hippos is he when the chips are down. When you have injuries at skill positions.can he lift the team? Make something happen ? Lead them back with a great throw or play when nothing is going their way? We know he can get wins if everything else is working. He does little that you would expect from a great QB. The Bills want to know if he can be great or even very good. I think we have our answer at this point.

How is he . Spell checker mystery . Hippos?

The pass was a little late from Tyrod. Incognito got shoved into his lap and he released it a little high.

Goodwin extended for it, got bumped at the catch point by Isa Abdul-Quddus and fell awkwardly. Some dumb luck played a part but Tyrod wasn't an entirely innocent party.

Im not really even trying to defend Taylor, hes just not the guy. We are an 8-8 team, we were before the season, we are midway through the season, and we will be at the end of the season. Thats just how it is.

It's Cardale, people... Get him in there, and get him some reps....

he can't process the speed of a NFL practice.what makes anyone think he could actually play in a game?

the TT bandwagn is emptying fast. you can just climb over the body's around it when getting off.

THat said The FO will give him that huge stack for 2017. There is no alternative on the roster.

John I'm sorry. I get where you're coming from and I try to cut him some slack but the issues he has literally have nothing to do with who is catching passes. He's having a hard time realizing actual pressure versus imagined, his throws are not accurate. Can it be improved? I hope so but right now he's just not showing the progress he needs to show to have us believe that he's the guy

He's regressing. Part of the problem with this franchise is we don't understand the importance in developing players. We've never properly groomed a QB. If Taylor is only marginally better than EJ, then you play your younger QB that has the chance to progress. Taylor hit his ceiling the first game he started for us.

Marrone set the franchise backwards starting a retired QB. It's simply not how you build for the future. Taylor was a stop-gap, but we didn't need that. We needed to groom a QB. After this year, EJ walks, we don't keep Taylor and we've got a really really green project QB. In other words, we're back at square one. It's really sad how poorly our front office has handled the position.

he can't process the speed of a NFL practice.what makes anyone think he could actually play in a game?

the TT bandwagn is emptying fast. you can just climb over the body's around it when getting off.

THat said The FO will give him that huge stack for 2017. There is no alternative on the roster.

I would be okay with him being "the guy."

Odds are extremely high that whoever we were to draft would be worse.

Sad but true. Further proof that the NFL Draft is really a crapshoot and there are no guarantees.

I don't think they will pay him. He's not a QB.

He extends plays? How about running a decently tempoed offense by pulling the trigger with a moderate amount of quickness. We need to LOSE OUT and star again!!! This team isn't going to the playoffs this year or next year. BILLS fans need to stop thinking that sneaking a mediocre team into the final wildcard spot is a desirable goal.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

You know what is there along with his regression?

His quality of pass catchers

The "hanging out to get killed" is bs as well.......he is fitting into windows as those WRs have a tick to turn and brace for the hit....go back and watch the film.

Its just not true

That is simply not correct. He had far more high passes today than the WRs dropped. The motley crew that's out there catching the ball were open more often than not and our QB had a very hard time with ball placement.

It's unreasonable to hope that Taylor will turn into a pocket passer like Matt Ryan.

Taylor is dual threat, read option QB. He's the same type of QB who has led Seattle, Kansas City, Denver, Carolina, and San Francisco to the playoffs and even the Super Bowl.

He is actually pretty good in this role. He has a strong YPC, a good number of rushing TDs, throws well of the edge, and a ridiculously low number of turnovers.

When the Bills committed to the run the past two seasons, they usually win. The problem is that the coaching staff doesn't always commit to the run. They call plays where they expect Taylor to play like Matt Ryan, which is crazy.

So do the Bills cut bait on him? The easiest way to make this decision is to run the Broncos/Tebow plan.

Like the Broncos, the Bills should commit to playing to their QBs strengths (which also happen to be the team's strengths). And at the end of the season, decide if the results are good enough. If ownership likes the results, sign him. If they don't, cut him and find someone who better fits their preferred style of play.

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

I think when he won the job he was ok not great but looked like he would get better with time. I have not seen anything this year excepts a few plays here or there , that warrents the contract he got. His passes seem off way off I am thinkin he won't be here next year

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

Rough start but he got some rythym going. I think he is still growing into the position.

Just wish he would settle down quicker.

It's unreasonable to hope that Taylor will turn into a pocket passer like Matt Ryan.

Taylor is dual threat, read option QB. He's the same type of QB who has led Seattle, Kansas City, Denver, Carolina, and San Francisco to the playoffs and even the Super Bowl.

He is actually pretty good in this role. He has a strong YPC, a good number of rushing TDs, throws well of the edge, and a ridiculously low number of turnovers.

When the Bills committed to the run the past two seasons, they usually win. The problem is that the coaching staff doesn't always commit to the run. They call plays where they expect Taylor to play like Matt Ryan, which is crazy.

So do the Bills cut bait on him? The easiest way to make this decision is to run the Broncos/Tebow plan.

Like the Broncos, the Bills should commit to playing to their QBs strengths (which also happen to be the team's strengths). And at the end of the season, decide if the results are good enough. If ownership likes the results, sign him. If they don't, cut him and find someone who better fits their preferred style of play.

That's cute and all, but sometimes you're down in the game, even using your run run run style. It's not always 41 points that we need, but this guy is hopeless when we need just 4.

Rough start but he got some rythym going. I think he is still growing into the position.

Just wish he would settle down quicker.

lol, what? he did?