EJ as Closer

uticaclub

Nice try though completion % doesn't mean Accuracy

Nice try? So you think the data is incorrect? I didn't present any qualifiers as to it's interpretation other than the implied one of actual results on the field being a useful comparative tool.

Statistics never have 100% correlation to any one thing. Only when taken as a composite of data points, in the context of the situation are they useful.

If you choose to ignore or discount the data that doesn't fit into your worldview....so be it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try though completion % doesn't mean Accuracy

I know EJ had more Turnovers. However a turnover can be the result of a Bad pass, a tipped ball that the WR dropped. I was talking accuracy and found it interesting that TT and EJ have every similar Bad Pass numbers Hence interesting stat of the day

This topic isn't about accuracy, it's about being a closer. I personally don't trust someone who has almost an equal TD/Turnover rate to close a game over someone with over a 3:1 rate.

I do think the OP makes a valid argument that Taylor doesn't seem to have the requisite skill set to come from behind. But neither does EJ. I'd continue sprinkling EJ into the game and using him for hard counts, QB sneaks, and bootlegs. I'd also try EJ as a receiver in the wildcat.

If been thinking of this as well. In EJ's 16 games HE HAS DONE IT 3 or 4 times. In 21 games, Hotrod had done it ZERO times although been given plenty of opportunities. Some guys are good at this like Roger Staubach or Jim Kelly (not saying EJ is near as good as either of these HOFers). Some guys aren't like Trent and Hotrod.

In the 2nd Patsies** game last year when Hotrod couldn't even throw but still went back in I was hoping they'd put EJ in to give it a try.

Be honest, when behind with <2:00 to play, who feels confident Hotrod can make get us a score to retake the lead or tie?

Why not try it? What have we got to lose? Once we're behind late with Hotrod, we're toast anyway. Why keep beating our head against the wall?

Edited by reddogblitz

If been thinking of this as well. In EJ's 16 games HE HAS DONE IT 3 or 4 times. In 21 games, Hotrod had done it ZERO times although been given plenty of opportunities. Some guys are good at this like Roger Staubach or Jim Kelly (not saying EJ is near as good as either of these HOFers). Some guys aren't like Trent and Hotrod.

In the 2nd Patsies** game last year when Hotrod couldn't even throw but still went back in I was hoping they'd put EJ in to give it a try.

Be honest, when behind with <2:00 to play, who feels confident Hotrod can make get us a score to retake the lead or tie?

Why not try it? What have we got to lose? Once we're behind late with Hotrod, we're toast anyway. Why keep beating our head against the wall?

Better draft position in 2017. Question answered!

Done what?

Bring the team from behind late to win. Isn't that what we're talking about here?

Taylor is 12-9 as a starter. Manuel is 6-10. Taylor has been better with respect to every conceivable statistic there is to measure a QB's performance. I'm sorry if he wins too comfortably for your liking. And aside from the Panthers game, which was aided by a very fortunate PI call, I cannot recall EJ leading any valiant 4th quarter comebacks. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Taylor is 12-9 as a starter. Manuel is 6-10. Taylor has been better with respect to every conceivable statistic there is to measure a QB's performance. I'm sorry if he wins too comfortably for your liking. And aside from the Panthers game, which was aided by a very fortunate PI call, I cannot recall EJ leading any valiant 4th quarter comebacks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

EJ certainly has not led 3 or 4 comebacks.

Neither is a starting caliber QB at this level.

EJ does seem to do better when he is unscripted.

Whatever magic/ spark we saw two summers ago from TT is clearly gone, like Edwards after his concussion.

This is why we need to lose out and draft a QB

Really! I guess we should draft a guy like Jax's QB or perhaps Houston's. Even Wentz, who I like a lot, seems to have regressed a bit from his fast start. Is the draft a crap shoot ? You bet. For the time being, I'll stick with our guy until at least the end of the year. Don't forget that we have a third QB on the team who hopefully will benefit from his year on the bench. We shall see.

Really! I guess we should draft a guy like Jax's QB or perhaps Houston's. Even Wentz, who I like a lot, seems to have regressed a bit from his fast start. Is the draft a crap shoot ? You bet. For the time being, I'll stick with our guy until at least the end of the year. Don't forget that we have a third QB on the team who hopefully will benefit from his year on the bench. We shall see.

I'll give you Jones, but the 4-3 record is soon going to look like a dream unless we face Brisset this week again.

It's a big silly but as much as some of you don't want to admit it, EJ is almost the same as a passer as Tyrod. The turnovers is the major difference but EJ actually will attend passes over the middle.

I hope Tyrod shows franchise type skills before the end of the year. But I wonder what their careers would be like if EJ got to sit behind Flacco and Tyrod had to play right away.