Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

Complimentary? 2 additional All NBAers (Thompson and Green) are just complimentary?

GS DRAFTED Green and Thompson. Green was a 2nd rd pick. They BUILT a team through the draft, and ADDED the best FA available. Unfair? I guess if being good at your job is unfair, sure.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

That OKC team was better than GS last season. They were ready to come back with a starting five of Westbrook, Oladipo, Durant, Horford, and Adams with Kanter, Roberson, and Waiters coming off the bench. Horford was committed to OKC if Durant stayed. This was what they offered Durant for his squad, along with the pitch that all championships are not created equal. Russ said he would do whatever he could to have him stay as well.

The fact that he left that to go to GS tells me all I need to know about KD and his competitive fire.

He also made statements about wanting to retire in OKC and how players shouldn't join these powerhouse team's, and that we need to go at them instead.

He made a move that will always portray him as a can't beat em, so I joined em kind of guy instead of sticking with a pretty great team in it's own right. Nobody criticizes Durant if he goes anywhere else, but he knew exactly what this move would mean to everyone, and he still made that choice.

KD is not loyal, was not truthful about his intentions, and screwed over not only his former team, but he damaged the league in my eyes. It was the opposite of a move created by competitiveness, and it actually crushed any chance for it.

Holy chit...so in your own words he left a BETTER team to go to a lesser team and that means he is not competitive?

And I guess it was perfectly fine when the Sonics up and left Seattle to go to OKC showing zero loyalty to entire city and region...but lo and behold a player should play his whole career in one place based on a coin flip of who drafted him!!!

And let's not get into what these owners said to the folks of Seatle if you want to go deep on the "not truthful" stuff.

GS DRAFTED Green and Thompson. Green was a 2nd rd pick. They BUILT a team through the draft, and ADDED the best FA available. Unfair? I guess if being good at your job is unfair, sure.

:worthy::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who said anything about unfair? I just think Green and Thompson would be elite on any team.

Who said anything about unfair? I just think Green and Thompson would be elite on any team.

Neither player could carry a team. They are pieces -- very good ones, but pieces.

Think Phil Hansen or Don Beebe on the 90s Bills.

Completely disagree with you here. Although Durant is a great basketball player I question how much fire burns inside when after just getting knocked out of making the NBA finals after holding a 3-1 lead you go and sign with that team that just beat you. In the olden days his ass would've been in the gym all summer working his ass off, working out with Westbrook trying to figure out a way they could co-exist and get their revenge on Golden State the following year. Can't sugar coat it, Durant took the easiest route available to a championship. That's not competitive drive

The olden days lol. Pre free agency when the Celts were so stacked Wilt couldn't beat them? How about when the NBA really burst on the national scene in the 80s featuring the Lakers and Celtics including 1987 which featured 8 future HOFers and 8 of 10 championships were won by either team and players were falling over themselves to sign with either team. How about when Rodman joined the Bulls or Barkley and Drexler joined the Rockets? How about Shaq going to the Lakers and then every vet signing with them chasing a ring or maybe you don't remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton in the purple and gold? When is this olden days?

Durant saw a path to a championship and took it. No fault and no knock on competitive drive. I can spin it completely different. Leave the only city, team, and organization behind, put your entire reputation on the line, and give up personal glory for team success. In football we would praise this guy. Look at how many guys do it and go to the Patriots. Look at Tom Brady taking way below market value to leave money out there. Is Tom Brady not competitive? KD didn't even take a paycut other than his Bird rights contract!

Without Lebron Cleveland isn't sniffing the finals. Without Durant Golden State's still there.

I don't know that Kyrie and Love couldn't lead them there in a terrible eastern conference. As for GS all this bemoaning that Durant and OKC were up 3-1 and it is a guarantee that GS goes back? Hell even with Durant a healthy Kawhi might have had something to say about their return trip. Without Durant the Spurs certainly have a shot to upend GS.

Can't have your cake and eat it to. Either Durant should have stayed put because he could win in which case GS isn't a lock or he should give up his championship desires because GS is a lock and they weren't lucky enough to draft him. Everything GS did was above board and well within the rules. Can't blame Durant or GS. If anything blame LeBron and Dan Gilbert

Several big Warriors fans in the office, a few who sit near me were deep in the talk this afternoon. Apparently the team was spotted at a nearby nightclub in the SoMa neighborhood of SF for their post-game celebration. All were noted present except for.....Durant. :o

Edited by KD in CA

The olden days lol. Pre free agency when the Celts were so stacked Wilt couldn't beat them? How about when the NBA really burst on the national scene in the 80s featuring the Lakers and Celtics including 1987 which featured 8 future HOFers and 8 of 10 championships were won by either team and players were falling over themselves to sign with either team. How about when Rodman joined the Bulls or Barkley and Drexler joined the Rockets? How about Shaq going to the Lakers and then every vet signing with them chasing a ring or maybe you don't remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton in the purple and gold? When is this olden days?

Durant saw a path to a championship and took it. No fault and no knock on competitive drive. I can spin it completely different. Leave the only city, team, and organization behind, put your entire reputation on the line, and give up personal glory for team success. In football we would praise this guy. Look at how many guys do it and go to the Patriots. Look at Tom Brady taking way below market value to leave money out there. Is Tom Brady not competitive? KD didn't even take a paycut other than his Bird rights contract!

I don't know that Kyrie and Love couldn't lead them there in a terrible eastern conference. As for GS all this bemoaning that Durant and OKC were up 3-1 and it is a guarantee that GS goes back? Hell even with Durant a healthy Kawhi might have had something to say about their return trip. Without Durant the Spurs certainly have a shot to upend GS.

Can't have your cake and eat it to. Either Durant should have stayed put because he could win in which case GS isn't a lock or he should give up his championship desires because GS is a lock and they weren't lucky enough to draft him. Everything GS did was above board and well within the rules. Can't blame Durant or GS. If anything blame LeBron and Dan Gilbert

Lost in this shuffle is how well the GS organization played everything. They rightly have no interest in playing fair, their job is to put out the most competitive team possible. Every team in the NBA wished they had the cap to sign Durant last year. GS managed to have the room, and have the rest of the team around them to be truly dominant.

It's like in the NFL when Denver had a great offense and defense and managed to continue signing elite players and adding pieces to win a ring. Gotta respect that level of GMing.

Lost in this shuffle is how well the GS organization played everything. They rightly have no interest in playing fair, their job is to put out the most competitive team possible. Every team in the NBA wished they had the cap to sign Durant last year. GS managed to have the room, and have the rest of the team around them to be truly dominant.

It's like in the NFL when Denver had a great offense and defense and managed to continue signing elite players and adding pieces to win a ring. Gotta respect that level of GMing.

Yup,

6 other teams had the chance to draft Steph Curry in 2009

10 other teams had the chance to draft Klay Thompson in 2011

34 other teams had the chance to draft Draymond Green in 2012

This "super team" was created by drafting amazing, then going and getting the best FA. Nothing wrong with that. None of the core 3 that was drafted (Curry, Thompson, Green) were top 5 picks. That is impressive.

Edited by Deceptikhans

Several big Warriors fans in the office, a few who sit near me were deep in the talk this afternoon. Apparently the team was spotted at a nearby nightclub in the SoMa neighborhood of SF for their post-game celebration. All were noted present except for.....Durant. :o

Listened to Durant on Bill Simmons podcast and he said that too.

Just chilled at home w a friend. He spit the beer out during the goggles/championship locker room scene as well.

Maybe he's got an anti alcohol thing going on.

Why not? It's my cake. :nana:

Listened to Durant on Bill Simmons podcast and he said that too.

Just chilled at home w a friend. He spit the beer out during the goggles/championship locker room scene as well.

Maybe he's got an anti alcohol thing going on.

So because he doesn't drink he can't celebrate with the team.

What the !@#$ were they doing over there?? Bastards!! Hey SF! You can have 'em.

And this is why I hate Lebron James "I've never played on a super team"

Crybaby liar, be honest.

It's not like he can point fingers about superstacking a team.

It's just that we do enjoy the occasional underdog team sticking it to those who have stacked the deck.

The Pistons doing it to Shaq and Kobe was the last notable sticking it.

And this is why I hate Lebron James "I've never played on a super team"

Crybaby liar, be honest.

I do like that most of the country is calling him out on that! Go practice your flopping.

Done deal ? They do need to get bigger with Jackson/Isaac imo.

will be announced Monday. I know you can't build a team around a 5'9 PG. they desperately need a big man and another scorer. I just need to see the outcome of the picks. I really liked Fultz.