Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

i mostly watch Big 10 Bball so I don't have a strong opinion about the players themselves but I did do some research on Fultz when I thought they were drafting first. I did see Josh Jackson play several times and think he is very good. I don't care about Lonzo's dad really when it comes to whether to draft him. I think he is going to focus on his younger sons after lonzo is drafted. If Ainge thinks he's best available then take him. Ultimately if they take a PG I'll worry about the future of IT and he's my favorite player :cry:

Well as an IT fan you had to like the trade down, that gives some hope that he stays in Boston. I like guys that defend when it matters, IT can't do that with his size. That's why I get excited over a 6'4 Fox who is a very fluid.

In an ideal world IT would be the greatest sixth man of all time.

It's almost like the trade deadline rumor mill now, so many possible scenarios but none likely to happen. I wouldn't be happy with Ball because the media around here really loves with something goes sideways. See Pablo Sandoval. As soon as Lavar says something inflammatory we would be hearing about it for months.

I'm not sure the local guys know anything more than the national guys. Chad Ford says that Josh Jackson is still in play at 3, the agent wouldn't let him workout without the promise of the Celts staying at 3 and taking him. Tatum the FSU monster and then some mentions of Fox. FWIW after the initial trade down the local guys were all over Jackson/Tatum, as the draft gets closer everyone's just floating scenarios now nothing would surprise me.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be either him or Paul George. I think they are worried about PG being only a one- year rental due to his public interest in going to LA. But you could say they had the same situation with Kevin Love, and they convinced him to sign long term.

PG has told teams he will be a 1 year rental only. I think he will actually head to the Lakers like it has been rumored (at least I hope)

Oh noooo

@windhorstESPN

Dan Gilbert didn't consult with LeBron James prior to parting with David Griffin, sources said. James had advocated for Griffin extension

Saw another mention that Kyrie has been discussing possible spots to go to if LeBron leaves next year. Cleveland's window is slamming shut!

Woj Bomb!

Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say.

That helps the Brooklyn picks value? Russell surrounded by a bunch of guys who don't want to play? I think Lopez actually played last year

This lakers move is a total salary dump

That said.....I have been having negative thoughts on Deangelo Russell for a while now....turnover machine and he seems to be having some sort of knee issue which is bad for such a young player.....

Still.....you you have bad seasons so that you can get in the lottery and pick you blue chip pieces.....the lakers just traded one away from basically nothing but salary cap space.

That said.....I have been having negative thoughts on Deangelo Russell for a while now....turnover machine and he seems to be having some sort of knee issue which is bad for such a young player.....

Still.....you you have bad seasons so that you can get in the lottery and pick you blue chip pieces.....the lakers just traded one away from basically nothing but salary cap space.

Brook Lopez has done 1,000 more things than Deangelo Russell. He's a 20 point a game scoring center, Lakers made a solid play imo. Clarkson is just as good as Russell

good trade for Lakers. They are clearing space for Lebron next year :devil:

Lakers gonna trade pick #2 for Paul George whispers going around.

Why would they when they can just wait a year and get him for "just" a big salary? Pick Ball at #2 and you've got some parts.

By most accounts, Ball makes the parts around him better. While I hate the dad (and don't believe most "experts") the prevailing thought is this is a done deal at #2, and some (including Gottlieb who I dislike) would rank him #1.

according to Frank isola they want pick #3, next year's #1 from Brooklyn, Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder.

Hearing same thing. Heck no. I wouldn't trade Brown for Kristaps straight up. He is a 7'3 ball of jelly his ankles and knees will be toast in 3 years. No wayyyyy!!!!

Hearing same thing. Heck no. I wouldn't trade Brown for Kristaps straight up. He is a 7'3 ball of jelly his ankles and knees will be toast in 3 years. No wayyyyy!!!!

its too much. One 1st rd draft pick and Crowder is as far as I go. I like Porzingis but don't want to give up Brown.