Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

@WojVerticalNBA

After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheVertical

@WojVerticalNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Sources: After Paul informed Clippers he'd sign w/ HOU in FA, teams agreed to deal sending Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 FRP for Paul.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more star players on just a couple of teams!!! It's so cool!!! I'm excited for Paul and Harden to fight on the court next year. This is going to blown up.

That said, the NBA offseason is the most interesting in sports. Can't wait to stream WGR to talk about hockey players no one has ever heard for an entire day.

@WojVerticalNBA

After Chris Paul agreed to opt-in on contract, Clippers are trading All-Star guard to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheVertical

@WojVerticalNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski

Sources: After Paul informed Clippers he'd sign w/ HOU in FA, teams agreed to deal sending Beverley, Decker, Williams and 2018 FRP for Paul.

I'm still mad about the NBA blocking his trade to the Lakers :censored:

They are going to need to put a 2nd ball out there. Harden and CP both need the ball. They can each shoot and slash but they are ball dominant guards. I would have thought when they moved Harden to the point that they would have looked for something different (a versatile wing).

They are going to need to put a 2nd ball out there. Harden and CP both need the ball. They can each shoot and slash but they are ball dominant guards. I would have thought when they moved Harden to the point that they would have looked for something different (a versatile wing).

They should be able to complement each other in the same way LeBron and Kyrie do.

Harden is a much different player without the ball. He is super lazy. Paul is a fake nice guy. He constantly yells at his own guys and he is a nut puncher. I don't think this makes Houston much better at all.

I'd love to see Blake got home to OKC and they get some shooters. So sick of the Warriors.

They should be able to complement each other in the same way LeBron and Kyrie do.

Kyrie has always kinda been an undersized SG.

Get me Paul George to the Wizards and i will be happy.

I don't think George really improves the Wiz too much. Porter isn't that big of a drop off for them. They need a more consistent inside presence.

I don't see it. Harden and Kyrie's game have some similarities. LeBron and CP play a pretty different game though. CP can elevate those one dimensional shooters like Anderson. He can lead that team that lacks leadership. He's a killer and they haven't had that attitude. It just feels like an odd fit. Butler feels like the type of guy that would have fit better. Another slasher that can play off the ball and defend 4 positions at an elite level. CP's defense will be a welcome addition and may raise the level of some of those other guys but he's replacing Beverly there who was a great defender. San Antonio felt like the best fit for him.

I always wanted him to come back to New Orleans to play with the big guys. That would have been a great fit but he hates Cousins.

I don't see it. Harden and Kyrie's game have some similarities. LeBron and CP play a pretty different game though. CP can elevate those one dimensional shooters like Anderson. He can lead that team that lacks leadership. He's a killer and they haven't had that attitude. It just feels like an odd fit. Butler feels like the type of guy that would have fit better. Another slasher that can play off the ball and defend 4 positions at an elite level. CP's defense will be a welcome addition and may raise the level of some of those other guys but he's replacing Beverly there who was a great defender. San Antonio felt like the best fit for him.

I always wanted him to come back to New Orleans to play with the big guys. That would have been a great fit but he hates Cousins.

Harden will handle the ball much less frequently with CP3 on the scene in HOU and now spot up/slash more often.

Good post. Cousins is the worst. A giant whiny baby who sucks the life out of everyone around him. Great player so it's a total waste of ability because of his crappy attitude.

Harden will handle the ball much less frequently with CP3 on the scene in HOU and now spot up/slash more often.

That was his role in OKC and he really never thrived in it. He is great being a playmaker and so is Paul. I don't know why you would either of them handling it less. Plus, it is a downgrade on defense.

Good post. Cousins is the worst. A giant whiny baby who sucks the life out of everyone around him. Great player so it's a total waste of ability because of his crappy attitude.

That was his role in OKC and he really never thrived in it. He is great being a playmaker and so is Paul. I don't know why you would either of them handling it less. Plus, it is a downgrade on defense.

Not sure why you'd say that as he did it very well in OKC. He, Westbrook, and Durant were a terrific trio.

Not sure why you'd say that as he did it very well in OKC. He, Westbrook, and Durant were a terrific trio.

I should have clarified. He's at his best handling the ball. Beverly is annoying but I thought he was the perfect compliment. As Kirby said, George or Butler would have been more of an improvement imo.

I should have clarified. He's at his best handling the ball. Beverly is annoying but I thought he was the perfect compliment. As Kirby said, George or Butler would have been more of an improvement imo.

I agree, I don't see the fit as being an improvement to their chances of winning anything. Two ball dominant superstars, Paul is good at getting others better shots, Harden is at his best when getting his own shot.

That's probably true but he just turned in an all-time great season with the ball in his hands. I'm not sure the best answer is to take it away from him.

Good news, didn't want George in Boston. That ends all the talk of Isaiah, Horford, George, Hayward. In my mind that would have been the worst waste of talents I have seen. A short guy and a bunch of softies. No thanks. Let the kids grow. If you want to make a trade for a real player send everything you have for Anthony Davis.